Moderator: Global Moderator

Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Daily "Check In" Thread For Us

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm
Are you colonizing in El Norte or down in Medellin?

It's a place I want to check out.
I’m in Fort Lauderdale right now. The Keys, last week.

I highly recommend Medellin. I have been there, Bogota and Cartagena. No need to go to Bogota more than once. Cartagena is pretty cool. Medellin is magical.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Finally returned to barbell strength training last night after six months off following the birth my baby daughter. Felt really good.

Part of what felt so nice about it was that the routine of the workout reminded me of what my life was like prior to the insanity of the 2020 election. Simpler times.

I look forward to becoming strong again.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Super powerful Tortoise.

I remember telling my gal one time, ‘I don’t feel strong anymore.’ It changes your perspective on everything.

It’s probably all psychological, but just walking down the street knowing your muscles are ready is life changing.

I fixed that.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Tortoise wrote:

Finally returned to barbell strength training last night after six months off following the birth my baby daughter. Felt really good.

Part of what felt so nice about it was that the routine of the workout reminded me of what my life was like prior to the insanity of the 2020 election. Simpler times.

At my age barbells have been a life saver in so many ways and provides such an improvement in overall quality of life.

Only yesterday I lost my balance in this room and would have gone down with possibly injury. However, due to the barbell dedication I did have sufficient body strength in various parts of my body to NOT go down. Only one of the many reasons why I call myself a barbell evangelist.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 am

Mark Leavy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:27 pm
Tortoise wrote:

Super powerful Tortoise.

I remember telling my gal one time, ‘I don’t feel strong anymore.’ It changes your perspective on everything.

It’s probably all psychological, but just walking down the street knowing your muscles are ready is life changing.

I fixed that.
Some people bring muscles to a fight, some a knife, some are just Bide'n their time ..... I, like Stalone in Predator, prefer an M60 or bow and arrow. ;D
The darkness will always war against the light. And the light must always war against the darkness. You either let the darkness overcome you, or you overcome the darkness. The mission: Whatever darkness, compromise, or ungodly thing still exists in your life, no matter how small, today, root it out. There is no middle ground.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 am

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 am

Mark Leavy wrote:

Tortoise wrote:

Super powerful Tortoise.

I fixed that.

Some people bring muscles to a fight, some a knife, some are just Bide'n their time ..... I, like Stalone in Predator, prefer an M60 or bow and arrow. ;D

That may be true for a real fight and I'd be with you there.

But in the daily, hour-by-hour personal fights with life....I'm going to take the muscles every time since you are in battle with what your body will do to you 24 hours a day.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 am
Mountaineer wrote:
Mark Leavy wrote:
Tortoise wrote:

Super powerful Tortoise.

I fixed that.

But in the daily, hour-by-hour personal fights with life....I'm going to take the muscles every time since you are in battle with what your body will do to you 24 hours a day.
You surely aren’t saying you don’t have instant access 60/60/24/7/365 to an M60 (or lesser hand held cousins) or a bow and arrow? What is the world coming to? :o
The darkness will always war against the light. And the light must always war against the darkness. You either let the darkness overcome you, or you overcome the darkness. The mission: Whatever darkness, compromise, or ungodly thing still exists in your life, no matter how small, today, root it out. There is no middle ground.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:01 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:57 am

Mountaineer wrote:

Mark Leavy wrote:

Tortoise wrote:

Super powerful Tortoise.

I fixed that.

You surely aren’t saying you don’t have instant access 60/60/24/7/365 to an M60 (or lesser hand held cousins) or a bow and arrow? What is the world coming to? :o

I know you are joking on your end....but to be clear on my end....they are are no value in fighting the daily physical aches and pains of life....while barbells do wonders for those...

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am

Perspective on life:

We are mourning the deaths of nearly 400,000 people from Covid-19. Yet CDC Abortion Surveillance tells us that in 2018 (their latest figures) 619,591 abortions were reported in the United States that year. And the latter figure repeats year after year. Lord, have mercy.

For those of you who like podcasts, Albert Mohler had two that might be of interest, January 18 and 19. The 18th on Planned Parenthood, Biden's choice for Health Secretary, and the implications on religious freedom. The 19th on history and comparison of inaugurating new leaders in Britain and the US. https://albertmohler.com/the-briefing

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Ok, ok, we have more than one abortion thread.
Feels like the end of the everything rally.
In Britain they have made burglary a safe occupation. It's like OSHA for burglars.
- Thomas Sowell on gun control
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:37 pm

The Knuckleheads forum seems to be down.
GoldSmith PP
“Physics is the universe’s operating system.” — Steven R Garman
"We had a dream of what might be possible five years from now." — Mark Cerny, Lead PS5 System Architect
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:37 pm
The Knuckleheads forum seems to be down.
It is with great pleasure that I say I wouldn’t know.
In Britain they have made burglary a safe occupation. It's like OSHA for burglars.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:43 pm

Looks like it was a forum software update. Too bad. I thought maybe LadyGeek decided to shut the forum down and have everyone migrate to the PP philosophy. ::)
GoldSmith PP
"We had a dream of what might be possible five years from now." — Mark Cerny, Lead PS5 System Architect
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Heh. I’d rather have one famous pp’er. Actually there was that one rock star. Or was it a comedian? I can’t remember now.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 am

For those who like snow (I'd rather never see it again):

pugchief
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pugchief » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:38 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 am

It doesn't bother me when it's on the table, it bothers me when it's on my driveway. Thank goodness I can afford a plow service!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 am

https://i.imgur.com/1kB9R7g.jpg

Just starting here at my house...
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Continuing with my dutasteride + minoxidil combo. My hair density has grown back enough that I have that "hair helmet" effect going on again! O0
GoldSmith PP
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:39 pm
Continuing with my dutasteride + minoxidil combo. My hair density has grown back enough that I have that "hair helmet" effect going on again! O0
hmm, maybe i gave up on that stuff too soon. I only tried the latter.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:49 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:39 pm
hmm, maybe i gave up on that stuff too soon. I only tried the latter.
Some (most?) guys have nowhere near the level of self-consciousness that I do. And to be fair, some men actually look better rocking the bald look.

Either way, I've recovered a lot of my old self-confidence back thanks to the dutasteride and minoxidil combo. From what I understand about hair loss, hair follicles on the scalp are a lot like the teeth in your mouth. Once they're gone they're gone! (Though the process can take something like 2 to 4 years for a follicle to die.) Preservation is our best defence!
GoldSmith PP
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cortopassi » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:56 pm

My hair rarely is >1/4" long. Now that it's mostly gray, a picture from the right orientation looks like I shave my head.

I have kept my hair this short since my 20s, with clippers in the basement. I never cared too much about thinning hair.

If I had a option to be hairless, except for maybe eyebrows, I'd go for it. It's mostly a pain in the ass, and starts growing where you don't want it when you get older, nose, ears, etc. ^-^
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm
Some (most?) guys have nowhere near the level of self-consciousness that I do. And to be fair, some men actually look better rocking the bald look.
I'm fine with the way I look. Most of the women I know are too short to see the thinning at the top. O0 Still, I would love to reverse it.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am

Lol!
I’m thicker than a Snickers.
Opening line of local girl’s dating profile I saw this morning.
GoldSmith PP
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am
Lol!
I’m thicker than a Snickers.
Opening line of local girl’s dating profile I saw this morning.
"Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal."
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:50 am

I took a three hour nap and now my sleep schedule is messed up. :(
GoldSmith PP