Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Coronavirus General Discussion

Post by vnatale » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:58 pm

sophie wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:09 pm
Has anyone considered the possibility that *nothing* that any governing body has done has either promoted or prevented the spread of the virus?

In other words, the spread of the virus is not anyone's fault. It's not Trump's fault, it's not Cuomo's fault, and so on. It's about the biology of epidemics. Trying to negate that biology is sort of like the kid who tries to empty the ocean into a sand pit on the beach using a little plastic bucket.

I remember that during the height of the AIDS epidemic, people who blamed the victims for their promiscuous/risky behavior, or said it was a judgment from God, were roundly condemned. I wish we had a bit of that sentiment today.
Is what you say somewhat analogous to saying that humans have had no effect on climate change? That we are just witnessing the natural course of climate change?

Vinny
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:48 pm

sophie wrote:
Has anyone considered the possibility that *nothing* that any governing body has done has either promoted or prevented the spread of the virus?

In other words, the spread of the virus is not anyone's fault. It's not Trump's fault, it's not Cuomo's fault, and so on. It's about the biology of epidemics. Trying to negate that biology is sort of like the kid who tries to empty the ocean into a sand pit on the beach using a little plastic bucket.

I remember that during the height of the AIDS epidemic, people who blamed the victims for their promiscuous/risky behavior, or said it was a judgment from God, were roundly condemned. I wish we had a bit of that sentiment today.
What IS Cuomo's fault is sending covid-positive patients into nursing homes.
That resulted in quite a few premature deaths.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:03 am

Why Your Hand Sanitizer May Be Ineffective Or Tainted By Cancer-Causing Chemicals

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2 ... 15ec2b6241
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:19 am

technovelist wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:48 pm
sophie wrote:

What IS Cuomo's fault is sending covid-positive patients into nursing homes.
That resulted in quite a few premature deaths.
It’s also Cuomo’s fault for attempting to take a victory lap with his new book.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 am

Woo Hoo!

Latest news from "The Peoples Paradise"!
I can now get my hair cut after four months and travel up to 25 Km from home before I get my head kicked in >:D

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 5665n.html

And Automatic car washes will be allowed; such freedom ;D

PS: At least some people have a sense of humour, they have been busy at Uncyclopedia!
https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Victoria_Police
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 11.14.55 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 11.14.55 pm.png (70.06 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 am

HAH
I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. Who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. . . Nothing is better for a man than to eat and drink and enjoy his work.
- Ecclesiastes