How to vote on Permanent Portfolio Proxy card?

Discussion of funds that implement the Permanent Portfolio strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

rllewis

How to vote on Permanent Portfolio Proxy card?

Post by rllewis » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Anyone have any recommendations on how to vote on the proposed changes to the Perm Portfolio Funds rules?  I'd like it to remain as true to Harry Browne's original plan as possible.  I assume I should just vote 'against' on everything. Thanks.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: How to vote on Permanent Portfolio Proxy card?

Post by MachineGhost » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:12 pm

rllewis wrote: Anyone have any recommendations on how to vote on the proposed changes to the Perm Portfolio Funds rules?  I'd like it to remain as true to Harry Browne's original plan as possible.  I assume I should just vote 'against' on everything. Thanks.
What changes are they proposing?

Around here the Browne Permanent Portfolio is not the same as the Permanent Portfolio Fund, but you probably know that already.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
rllewis

Post by rllewis » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Here are the questions to be voted on for the Perm Portfolio Fund. Responses are either 'for' 'against' or 'abstain':

1. Approve a new investment advisory contract.
2A. Change the Portfolio's classification under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as
amended, from "diversified" to "non-diversified" and eliminate a fundamental policy
limiting investments in the stock of any issuer (other than the U.S. government or
one of its agencies or instrumentalities) to 5% of the Portfolio's total assets.
2B. Expand permitted investments under the Portfolio's "aggressive growth stocks"
investment category by eliminating the restriction that the Portfolio only invest in
U.S. companies.
2C. Expand permitted investments under the Portfolio's "dollar assets" investment
category.
5A. Eliminate the Portfolio's investment policy limiting investment in illiquid investments.
5B. Eliminate the Portfolio's investment policy limiting lending portfolio assets to
affiliates, and affiliates purchasing portfolio shares.
5D. Eliminate the Portfolio's investment policy limiting the Portfolio's investments in the
stock of any issuer (other than the U.S. government or one of its agencies or
instrumentalities) to 10% of the issuer's outstanding voting stock.
6. Approve a Redonniciliation Agreement for the Fund, pursuant to which the Portfolio
will be redomiciled into a corresponding, identically-named, series of a newly
established Delaware statutory trust.

FOR WITHHOLD
7. To elect the following directors to the Fund's Board of Directors-
7A. David P. Bergland
7B. Hugh A. Butler
7C. Michael J. Cuggino
7D. Roger Doebke
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:50 pm

In the absence of clarity, which the above summary does not provide, I would oppose right down the line. I would also sell out if any of this passes.
Trumpism is not a philosophy or a movement. It's a cult.
rllewis

Post by rllewis » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Thanks all.  Most of my Permanent Portfolio is held personally, but I do find it convenient to have some of my funds held in in the mutual fund.  Are there any other mutual funds that you recommend that accomplishes the PP strategy in one stop shopping?
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

rllewis wrote: Thanks all.  Most of my Permanent Portfolio is held personally, but I do find it convenient to have some of my funds held in in the mutual fund.  Are there any other mutual funds that you recommend that accomplishes the PP strategy in one stop shopping?
This is close, but it has 5% in silver.

http://www.globalxfunds.com/PERM
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 am

Wow! A real-life new thread in the Permanent Porttfolio Funds section!!! Is there a blue moon out tonight?