BugMan

The Two Luckiest Men In My Lifetime...

Post by BugMan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Are Ringo Starr and Michael Cuggino.

Thoughts??
foglifter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Two Luckiest Men In My Lifetime...

Post by foglifter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Oh boy, you made me thinking... mind explaining why? And why is Harry Browne not on the list?
"Let every man divide his money into three parts, and invest a third in land, a third in business, and a third let him keep in reserve."
- Talmud
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm

foglifter wrote: Oh boy, you made me thinking... mind explaining why? And why is Harry Browne not on the list?
Harry Browne was more like John Lennon.

I think the OP is saying that Cuggino was a lot more lucky than good with the way he fell into the PRPFX job when Terry Coxon somehow got himself banned by the SEC from running the fund that he founded, leaving Cuggino to be promoted from fund treasurer to fund manager, and the rest is history.
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
foglifter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by foglifter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:47 pm

MediumTex wrote:
foglifter wrote: Oh boy, you made me thinking... mind explaining why? And why is Harry Browne not on the list?
Harry Browne was more like John Lennon.

I think the OP is saying that Cuggino was a lot more lucky than good with the way he fell into the PRPFX job when Terry Coxon somehow got himself banned by the SEC from running the fund that he founded, leaving Cuggino to be promoted from fund treasurer to fund manager, and the rest is history.
Thanks MT, that makes sense! Actually this sounds like an interesting exercise - to map top guys behind PP/PRPFX to the Great Four. I wonder who could be a "PP avatar" of Sir Paul McCartney - the most commercially successful Beatle. BTW I find that Paul's hit "With a Little Luck" perfectly explains Cuggino's success.  Even the lyrics may be interpreted in the context of PRPFX:
With a little luck, we can help it out.
We can make this whole damn thing work out.
And if he (HB) can do it, we can do it, just me (Cuggino) and you (PP followers),
With a little push, we could set it off.
We can send it rocketing skywards. (just look at the PRPFX chart!)
With a little love, we could shake it up. (move out of Swiss franks or add more Treasuries?)
Don't you feel the comet exploding? (oh no, we should've stuck with HBPP! )

;D
"Let every man divide his money into three parts, and invest a third in land, a third in business, and a third let him keep in reserve."
- Talmud