I Finally Purchased Some EDV

Discussion of funds that implement the Permanent Portfolio strategy

Moderator: Global Moderator

AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I Finally Purchased Some EDV

Post by AdamA »

longeyes wrote: Don't hold your breath; I wrote them a while ago about the same thing.  No answer.
The Swiss Frac will ultimately be a wild card.  The Japanese do the same nonsense with the Yen, and it's continuted to strengthen against the dollar in spite of everything.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I would definitely get some long term bond exposure if you position in PRPFX is sizable.
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal
jackely

Post by jackely »

Reub wrote: The EDV has been smoothing out some of my PRPFX losses. Just as MT predicted.
MT for Pres.

Currently holding both PRPFX and HB PP in separate accounts I saw the light last week when the HB PP went down only a little and PRPFX went down a lot. Sure enough EDV would have smoothed it out so I bought some the next day.
pershing83

Post by pershing83 »

This is from Yahoo:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/1 ... &cm_ite=NA

Notice the  VWINX ranking. I have always thought well of it, own a good bit; outperformed PRPFX slightly YTD.
AdamA
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by AdamA »

jackh wrote: Sure enough EDV would have smoothed it out so I bought some the next day.
Another way to smooth it out (kind of) is to simply buy it on dips.  If it reaches a high and then pulls back 2 or 3 percentage points, just buy more.  

I guess that doesn't really "smooth it out," but it will increase your yield.
Last edited by AdamA on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Pascal