Meb Faber Gold Episode

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Meb Faber Gold Episode

Post by Kbg »

If you are the type of person who believes it is important to have your beliefs challenged from time to time listen to episode 80. It is not gold friendly.
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Meb Faber Gold Episode

Post by ochotona »

That was Erb talking about how gold should be a couple of times the CPI on average, so $500. It makes sense but the dataset is too small... 1972 onwards. It's a short, noisy time series. I'd feel better about data back two hundred years. We've been perched here with gold going sideways for years, since I joined the forum. Bit hard to believe it would go to $500 at this point.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit »

Thanks for sharing.

I hate gold and I feel like that is the general sentiment so hopefully it takes off soon.
eufo
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by eufo »

It's really easy to hate gold. I hated it before owning it. Then when it went down in value almost immediately, I hated it more.

Hating something isn't enough reason for me to sell it, however. I see its value.
Don't agree with me too strongly or I'm going to change my mind
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

Kbg wrote:If you are the type of person who believes it is important to have your beliefs challenged from time to time listen to episode 80. It is not gold friendly.
All I have to do if I want to see contrary opinions on gold is to read bogleheads.org. :D