Page 121 of 121

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 am
by dualstow
Kbg wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 am
dualstow wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm
I don’t want to put the burden on her, Mark. That’s true love. O0
If she starts to get big eyes, likes the word "precious" and draws out "S" sounds, you definitely need to leave.

Promise Mark and I if that happens you will move on, will you?
😂

You got it, Vinny!
By the same token, i have a favorite ceramic mug that I ask her not to wash, to leave it for me. (We share dishwashing duties). She wanted to know why, and I said if someone eventually breaks it, I’d rather it be me, ie be angry at myself. It may sound strange to some, but this is a philosophy and lifestyle that works for me.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm
by vnatale
dualstow wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 am

Kbg wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 am

dualstow wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm

I don’t want to put the burden on her, Mark. That’s true love. O0


If she starts to get big eyes, likes the word "precious" and draws out "S" sounds, you definitely need to leave.

Promise Mark and I if that happens you will move on, will you?


😂

You got it, Vinny!
By the same token, i have a favorite ceramic mug that I ask her not to wash, to leave it for me. (We share dishwashing duties). She wanted to know why, and I said if someone eventually breaks it, I’d rather it be me, ie be angry at myself. It may sound strange to some, but this is a philosophy and lifestyle that works for me.


I COMPLETELY understand! Some things are always best done by oneself.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm
by dualstow
You know what's funny, though? I asked her if she would feel comfortable receiving it and she said it's fine. So, maybe I'll just order. :D

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:32 pm
by Kbg
dualstow wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 am
Kbg wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 am
dualstow wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm
I don’t want to put the burden on her, Mark. That’s true love. O0
If she starts to get big eyes, likes the word "precious" and draws out "S" sounds, you definitely need to leave.

Promise Mark and I if that happens you will move on, will you?
😂

You got it, Vinny!
By the same token, i have a favorite ceramic mug that I ask her not to wash, to leave it for me. (We share dishwashing duties). She wanted to know why, and I said if someone eventually breaks it, I’d rather it be me, ie be angry at myself. It may sound strange to some, but this is a philosophy and lifestyle that works for me.
Wow, didn't even get credit for bringing the funny. Do I LOOK like I have a bat in my avatar? ;)

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:47 pm
by Tortoise
I was a little confused by DS's reply, too, and had to read it a couple of times to parse it.

I think the emoji was in response to your comment, Kbg, then the "You got it, Vinny" and the rest of it was in response to Vinny's post. The confusing part was that DS quoted you but not Vinny.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
by dualstow
you parsed correctly, Tortoise.
Kbg, i wouldn’t have bothered to quote you if you weren’t going to get credit.
geez, lot of handholding required here 😂

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm
by Kbg
dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
you parsed correctly, Tortoise.
Kbg, i wouldn’t have bothered to quote you if you weren’t going to get credit.
geez, lot of handholding required here 😂
I'm needy that way. LOL. :D

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm
by dualstow
Budd, gold was up more than bonds were down. Did it make you smile?

Kbg wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm
dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
you parsed correctly, Tortoise.
Kbg, i wouldn’t have bothered to quote you if you weren’t going to get credit.
geez, lot of handholding required here 😂
I'm needy that way. LOL. :D
O0 Just saw this.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:03 am
by buddtholomew
dualstow wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Budd, gold was up more than bonds were down. Did it make you smile?

Kbg wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 pm
dualstow wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:01 pm
you parsed correctly, Tortoise.
Kbg, i wouldn’t have bothered to quote you if you weren’t going to get credit.
geez, lot of handholding required here 😂
I'm needy that way. LOL. :D
O0 Just saw this.
I don’t own any TLT DS. I want to, but just can’t make the purchase. Staying in cash for now.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 am
by whatchamacallit
Margin call contagion calling in the gold?

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm
by Smith1776
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 pm
by Hal
Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.
Never thought I would see the day.... :o

As an aside, what are the REAL inflation rates like in Canada? Are prices going up at a great rate?
House prices in Australia are ridiculous, but that is not counted in the CPI. Guess they think people don't live I homes????

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 pm
by vincent_c
In the GTA, trailing 12 months expenses about 20% less than previous 12 months.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:59 pm
by vnatale
Hal wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.


Never thought I would see the day.... :o

As an aside, what are the REAL inflation rates like in Canada? Are prices going up at a great rate?
House prices in Australia are ridiculous, but that is not counted in the CPI. Guess they think people don't live I homes????


Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.8 KiB) Viewed 333 times

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 pm
by vincent_c
vnatale wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:59 pm
Hal wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.
Never thought I would see the day.... :o

As an aside, what are the REAL inflation rates like in Canada? Are prices going up at a great rate?
House prices in Australia are ridiculous, but that is not counted in the CPI. Guess they think people don't live I homes????
Capture.JPG
Prices are increasing everywhere, but it doesn’t translate to personal inflation when you can be flexible with your spending habits.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 pm
by vincent_c
Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.
They should really come over here to debate this.

All that focus on backtesting when gold has an expected performance based on its attributes and can be agnostically applied in a portfolio.

Reference to a speculative component in gold should be offset by a speculative component in all other assets. Some people don’t believe bond prices have a speculative component but speculation in the market can surely affect bond yields.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:50 am
by Smith1776
Buy gold! 👑

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:49 am
by pugchief
vincent_c wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 pm
vnatale wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:59 pm
Hal wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:54 pm
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewto ... 0&t=349948

Tremendous gold war going on in the land of the Knuckleheads! Dang.
Never thought I would see the day.... :o

As an aside, what are the REAL inflation rates like in Canada? Are prices going up at a great rate?
House prices in Australia are ridiculous, but that is not counted in the CPI. Guess they think people don't live I homes????
Capture.JPG
Prices are increasing everywhere, but it doesn’t translate to personal inflation when you can be flexible with your spending habits.
Yes, I told my pug that we could not get a new fence. Even tho there are several sections coming down, lumber is just too pricey right now, so she'll just have to find another place to do her business.

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:12 am
by I Shrugged
Smith1776 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:50 am
Buy gold! 👑
Now you're talking.
;)

Re: The GOLD scream room

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:14 am
by buddtholomew
The ultimate POS