Cortopassi wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 am
pugchief wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:39 am
Cortopassi wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 pm
pugchief wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:41 pm
Okay, so I have an interesting dilemma: Dentists accumulate scrap metal during the course of business and I have held it waiting for higher metal prices. Now that gold and silver are way up, I sent in a bunch for processing. They have given me the choice of tomorrow's spot prices (8/13), or the spot pricing on the day the assaying is complete (approx 7-10 days from now). Any advice which I should choose?
Bird in the hand...tomorrow.
And that is what I told them earlier this morning. Since gold futures are up. 8)
You don't have to answer, but after a career (??) of collecting scraps, how many ounces are we talking? Just curious.
I haven't gotten the report back yet, but I'll let you know. It felt very heavy (2 lbs?) when i put it in the box, but the bulk of that is garbage that has no value. I have been collecting this particular pile for around 10 years.
Ugly_Bird

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Ugly_Bird » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:48 pm

technovelist
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by technovelist » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:37 pm

Ugly_Bird wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:48 pm
Hmmmm...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold- ... yptr=yahoo
So they have two whole examples of when this theory would have predicted the gold price would go down, and that makes it a fact?
LOL.
Another nod to the most beautiful equation: e + 1 = 0
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by mathjak107 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:13 am

for what it's worth , an article today on gold from seeking alpha

https://seekingalpha.com/article/437000 ... ent=link-0
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:33 am

Tough day across the board with everybody piling into cash. Gold and silver have both broken below support levels at $1900/oz and $25/oz. With much of Europe inching towards another lockdown, the major correction on Wall Street may not end soon.
pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pmward » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Rising dollar is definitely putting the breaks on metals. I'm suspect that it will become a "major correction on Wall Street" though, as the scenario you listed should actually lead to a rally in U.S. assets (ie USD, stocks, and bonds) at the expense of the Euro, international assets, and metals. Of course, this could all just be a consolidation pullback for the Euro and metals, the USD was pretty oversold on the short term, and the Euro and metals have both been overbought in turn. A pullback in that trend could be a dip worth buying, especially if congress can finally agree on a fiscal stimulus package.