The GOLD scream room

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

User avatar
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by buddtholomew » Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Desert wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm
ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm
9% is huge for Schwab
I wonder if it would be ok to round up to 10%.....
It’s actually 9.99% pure Au
;D
User avatar
Desert
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3233
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Desert » Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 pm

buddtholomew wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Desert wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm
ochotona wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 pm
9% is huge for Schwab
I wonder if it would be ok to round up to 10%.....
It’s actually 9.99% pure Au
;D
;D
User avatar
Xan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Xan » Wed May 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Desert wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 pm
buddtholomew wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Desert wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm


I wonder if it would be ok to round up to 10%.....
It’s actually 9.99% pure Au
;D
;D
Mine's 99 44/100% pure.
User avatar
ochotona
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 am

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by ochotona » Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Honest to God, I don't even remember this conversation, but I logged it in Facebook on 5/7/2011

"About a week or two ago I told a young fellow that silver was going hyperbolic, to sell his silver holdings. I don't think he listened to me."
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Cortopassi » Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm

I am officially past gold. Silly cliff dive charts like this don't even bother me anymore. It's just another asset.

Image
User avatar
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by buddtholomew » Mon May 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm
I am officially past gold. Silly cliff dive charts like this don't even bother me anymore. It's just another asset.

Image
The less you hold the easier it becomes >:D
User avatar
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Contact:

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Tyler » Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Cortopassi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm
I am officially past gold. Silly cliff dive charts like this don't even bother me anymore. It's just another asset.

Image
Rule #1 of chart analysis: Check the scale. ;)
Mechanical engineer, history buff, treasure manager... totally not Ben Gates
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 am

Tyler wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Cortopassi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm
I am officially past gold. Silly cliff dive charts like this don't even bother me anymore. It's just another asset.

Image
Rule #1 of chart analysis: Check the scale. ;)
Of course! Unfortunately I need to add this. Looks like gold is going sub 1300 yet again. How many years now???

Image
User avatar
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by buddtholomew » Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am

This portfolio is terrible.
Anyone believe me now?
User avatar
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Cortopassi » Tue May 15, 2018 8:57 am

buddtholomew wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am
This portfolio is terrible.
Anyone believe me now?
Nowhere, again, to hide today.
User avatar
buddtholomew
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2100
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by buddtholomew » Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am

Cortopassi wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:57 am
buddtholomew wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am
This portfolio is terrible.
Anyone believe me now?
Nowhere, again, to hide today.
I agree with what you are saying but the PP-specific assets GLD and TLT are down the MOST.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by stuper1 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 am

buddtholomew wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am
This portfolio is terrible.
Anyone believe me now?
If we say "yes", will you stop asking?
Post Reply