The GOLD scream room

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5995
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:40 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am
while all that counts is how you were effected and how much money was acted on over that time frame :

gold is now beating a total market fund and the s&p 500 with dividends over the:

ytd , 1 year , 3 year , 5 year , 15 year and 20 year periods .

equities is now only a head the 10 year ...
<bogle>Yes, but you still can't eat it!</bogle>
User avatar
mathjak107
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3082
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 am
Location: bayside queens ny
Contact:

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by mathjak107 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 am

Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:40 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am
while all that counts is how you were effected and how much money was acted on over that time frame :

gold is now beating a total market fund and the s&p 500 with dividends over the:

ytd , 1 year , 3 year , 5 year , 15 year and 20 year periods .

equities is now only a head the 10 year ...
<bogle>Yes, but you still can't eat it!</bogle>
you can't eat a stock certificate , a mutual fund statemnt or spend your living room at the supermarket either
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5995
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:52 am

mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 am
Libertarian666 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:40 am
mathjak107 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:20 am
while all that counts is how you were effected and how much money was acted on over that time frame :

gold is now beating a total market fund and the s&p 500 with dividends over the:

ytd , 1 year , 3 year , 5 year , 15 year and 20 year periods .

equities is now only a head the 10 year ...
<bogle>Yes, but you still can't eat it!</bogle>
you can't eat a stock certificate , a mutual fund statemnt or spend your living room at the supermarket either
Apparently they have never realized that.
User avatar
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Florida USA
Contact:

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Ad Orientem » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Looks like PMs are taking a breather after their big run up.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11240
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by dualstow » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:15 am

Ad Orientem wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:53 pm
Looks like PMs are taking a breather after their big run up.
along with equities.
“As a white person of colour, I am extremely concerned about the rise of black whiteness.” — Titania McGrath
pariah — 1610s member of a low caste in S. India; Tamil (Dravidian) “drummer”, as members of the lowest caste played drums at festivals. “social outcast,” 1819.
User avatar
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Smith1776 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Tomorrow is the last trading day of the month! Let's see what gold can do! O0
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society.”
― John C. Bogle
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Lonestar » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:58 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Smith1776 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:43 pm
Tortoise wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 pm
EC0220A0-422A-4333-93EA-A6847884F9F2.gif
Please, please, please post this in the Knuckleheads forum. ;D
Done. :)
Well Tortoise, you must have posted the gif and got yesterday's good gold thread locked! It was great. There were a bunch of posts that presented well spoken, logical, factual reasons for including gold in a portfolio. More than I think I've ever seen on that forum. BUT, it got a little too logical and they locked the thread. Thank goodness there was time to mention guns, ammo, canned beans, and the apocalypse before it got closed.
User avatar
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 am

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Tortoise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:16 am

I think the locked thread is a different one. The one where I posted the GIF is still open:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=301699
User avatar
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:18 am

Daaaayum. O_O

9C96B5E9-7859-4F7C-9B09-65626979A8E7.jpeg
9C96B5E9-7859-4F7C-9B09-65626979A8E7.jpeg (133.88 KiB) Viewed 934 times
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society.”
― John C. Bogle
User avatar
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm

So it looks like we didn't quite close at $2,000, guys. But we came very close!
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society.”
― John C. Bogle
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11240
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by dualstow » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Smith1776 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:15 pm
So it looks like we didn't quite close at $2,000, guys. But we came very close!
We’re gonna party like gold’s 1999
“As a white person of colour, I am extremely concerned about the rise of black whiteness.” — Titania McGrath
pariah — 1610s member of a low caste in S. India; Tamil (Dravidian) “drummer”, as members of the lowest caste played drums at festivals. “social outcast,” 1819.
User avatar
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: The GOLD scream room

Post by Smith1776 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 pm

ME EXPLAINING TO MY FRIENDS WHY THEY NEED TO BUY GOLD.


1ckxu7.jpg
1ckxu7.jpg (31.46 KiB) Viewed 850 times


See? I can poke fun at myself. ;D
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society.”
― John C. Bogle
Post Reply