Gold FAQ

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

craigr
Administrator
Administrator

Gold FAQ

Post by craigr » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 am

The Permanent Portfolio holds 25% of its allocation in Gold. There is an extensive FAQ on the subject here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324133 ... ation-faq/

TPG Note: craigr no longer maintains the crawlingroad blog, but here is a link to an archived page of his Gold FAQ.
AlanT

Re: Gold FAQ

Post by AlanT » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Even though this is an older article, it is very well written, and should still apply for many years to come.
Precious Metals, like Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium have always had their place in a well balanced retirement portfolio.
hazlitt777

Post by hazlitt777 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:08 pm

The link in the first post doesn't work.  I'm wondering if someone could restore or fix it?
ppbob

Post by ppbob » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Craig took down the crawlingroad website. Can anyone post the FAQ somewhere else?
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:38 pm

Craig, is there any way you could put a disabled or archived version of the site at that domain? Just turn off the commenting or whatever, and have all the old content still there? If you'd like to offload the hosting to somebody else, I'm sure we can find a volunteer.
MachineGhost
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by MachineGhost » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 am

Xan wrote:Craig, is there any way you could put a disabled or archived version of the site at that domain? Just turn off the commenting or whatever, and have all the old content still there? If you'd like to offload the hosting to somebody else, I'm sure we can find a volunteer.
Just use archive.org to view it.
"All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called 'Facts'. They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain." -- Thomas Hobbes

Disclaimer: I am not a broker, dealer, investment advisor, physician, theologian or prophet.  I should not be considered as legally permitted to render such advice!
CT-Scott
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by CT-Scott » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm

FYI, it looks like there's no way to view that FAQ.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

CT-Scott wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:00 pm
At one point there was a changeover in where the forum was located or some major thing that actually threatened the survival of the forum. Others will give you much better details.

But one of the results was that certain things were lost from the prior incarnation of the forum.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm
CT-Scott wrote:
At one point there was a changeover in where the forum was located or some major thing that actually threatened the survival of the forum. Others will give you much better details.

But one of the results was that certain things were lost from the prior incarnation of the forum.

Vinny
The FAQs were hosted on Craig's blog. When that went away, he replaced the links to it with links to the archive.org cache of them. Sadly it seems those are now gone too.

They never had anything to do with the forum.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Xan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm
vnatale wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm
CT-Scott wrote:

Vinny
The FAQs were hosted on Craig's blog. When that went away, he replaced the links to it with links to the archive.org cache of them. Sadly it seems those are now gone too.

They never had anything to do with the forum.
Via archive.org I have been able to go back to much of what he formerly had on Crawling Road. I believe that was how I got there.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."