Gold as Safety?

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Gold as Safety?

Post by Kbg » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:50 am

Short article...have things changed now regarding gold?

http://mrzepczynski.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... stors.html

Gold is outside money and is not a liability for anyone in the global economy. This is a significant characteristic that has been under discussed although we may be finding out that if you cannot sell gold in large quantities, it may not have the level of safety desired in a crisis; ask the Russian central bank.

The articles I enjoy most these days are the ones that land a never before thought of thought in my noggin. I may not agree, but I love the exposure which is always valuable I feel.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gold as Safety?

Post by vnatale » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Kbg wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:50 am

Short article...have things changed now regarding gold?

http://mrzepczynski.blogspot.com/2022/0 ... stors.html

Gold is outside money and is not a liability for anyone in the global economy. This is a significant characteristic that has been under discussed although we may be finding out that if you cannot sell gold in large quantities, it may not have the level of safety desired in a crisis; ask the Russian central bank.

The articles I enjoy most these days are the ones that land a never before thought of thought in my noggin. I may not agree, but I love the exposure which is always valuable I feel.

Emphasis on "short". I was looking for / expecting more ... and then it ended abruptly!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Gold as Safety?

Post by Kbg » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:19 pm

It's his style...delivers the point he wants to make and normally without a lot of explanation.