Safest place to store gold in a nuclear war?

Discussion of the Gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

jason
Executive Member
Executive Member

Safest place to store gold in a nuclear war?

Post by jason » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 am

Maybe this has been discussed in the past. In the off chance there is a global thermonuclear war, where is the best place for one's gold to be? I'm guessing my PHYS shares aren't it. But I worry about storing with a little company like GoldMoney, etc. What company, storage method, and storage location is best in a SHTF scenario?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Safest place to store gold in a nuclear war?

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am

jason wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 am
Maybe this has been discussed in the past. In the off chance there is a global thermonuclear war, where is the best place for one's gold to be? I'm guessing my PHYS shares aren't it. But I worry about storing with a little company like GoldMoney, etc. What company, storage method, and storage location is best in a SHTF scenario?
I personally believe the best compromise is to use multiple offshore vault companies. Assuming you have enough to do that.
jason
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jason » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am
jason wrote:
I personally believe the best compromise is to use multiple offshore vault companies. Assuming you have enough to do that.
Do you mean where I would have a direct relationship with the vault company? As opposed to using a company like GoldMoney, Bullion Vault, Kitco gold storage, Sprott gold storage, etc.? So, for example, are you suggesting I contact a vault service such as Brinks or comparable companies in various countries, and make arrangements to rent vault space and have gold delivered directly to the vaults?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:47 pm

jason wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am
jason wrote:
Do you mean where I would have a direct relationship with the vault company? As opposed to using a company like GoldMoney, Bullion Vault, Kitco gold storage, Sprott gold storage, etc.? So, for example, are you suggesting I contact a vault service such as Brinks or comparable companies in various countries, and make arrangements to rent vault space and have gold delivered directly to the vaults?
I mean SWP Cayman or similar. They operate their vault and seem to contract with others. Texas Bullion Depository is another one.