Discussion of the Cash portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Invesco CLTL renamed to TBLL

Post by whatchamacallit »

https://www.invesco.com/us/financial-pr ... d=ETF-TBLL

Effective after the close of markets on Aug. 25, 2023, the Fund’s name and ticker changed from Invesco Treasury Collateral ETF (ticker: CLTL) to Invesco Short Term Treasury ETF (ticker: TBLL). No other changes were made to the Fund. See the prospectus for more information.

Smart move to draw in more funds but now it will get confused with TBIL

https://www.ustreasuryetf.com/etf/tbil/
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Invesco CLTL renamed to TBLL

Post by dualstow »

Nice low expense ratio.
Is there any point to using these ETFs instead of T-Bills unless you live outside the US? I mean, now that you can buy, sell and hold them for free.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit »

I decided I like the ETF method better myself. I am using SGOV in some accounts and what is now TBLL in others.

Here are a couple of reasons for me.

When I was buying small amounts of treasury bills on the secondary market I wasn't sure I was really getting a good price with the spreads and low volume prices. I may be fooling myself but my assumption is that the ETF is able to buy treasury bills at higher volumes to get better prices.

I also tried the auto roll auction at Fidelity and it was a hassle I didn't like dealing with.

I also like having the single fund for cash so I can see percentage of account in a quick glance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Thanks. I still hold some Vanguard treasury money market for some of the same reasons, plus good old inertia.