Is Ally Bank in trouble?

Discussion of the Cash portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Is Ally Bank in trouble?

Post by dualstow » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:23 pm

I've seen a thread on another forum and the fears looked overblown, like maybe someone at seeking alpha just wanted to short the stock. But now I’m not sure.

Has anyone seen articles on it from what they consider to be a reputable source?
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Is Ally Bank in trouble?

Post by vnatale » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:50 pm

dualstow wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:23 pm

I've seen a thread on another forum and the fears looked overblown, like maybe someone at seeking alpha just wanted to short the stock. But now I’m not sure.

Has anyone seen articles on it from what they consider to be a reputable source?

All I am seeing on Twitter regarding it is some tweets complaining about inability to log in.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:44 am

I was able to login and initiate a sizable withdrawal. I’m going to say their auto loan business may be in trouble but I guess I’m not going to close my checking account.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:37 am

dualstow wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:44 am

I was able to login and initiate a sizable withdrawal. I’m going to say their auto loan business may be in trouble but I guess I’m not going to close my checking account.

Still only see a tiny amount of Twitter complaints regarding logging in. Seems that if there was some real problem Twitter would be flooded with tweets regarding Ally Bank?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."