vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: New I-bond rate: 3.54%

Post by vnatale » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:36 pm

jhogue wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Vinny,
I e-filed my 1040 on 3 May. I have not yet received my paper I-bonds.

There are a lot of complaints on several threads over on bogleheads on the IRS lateness of returns. You may recall that the agency had similar problems attributable to lockdowns over the virus last year. The agency had to pay me 5% p.a. for processing my form. If they repeat that performance, they will have to pay me again. Are you not okay with 5% for a return on your money?

Obviously would not be a concern. Wanted to avoid a repeat of last year wherein none were bought and my $5,000 was returned to me as a refund.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Sorry if I missed it, but are you guys converting your paper I-Bond refunds into digital I-Bonds through the Conversion Linked Account?
"You haven't, I suppose, ever mixed with politicians at close quarters. They're awful. I think some of these must have been the dregs anyhow, but I've discovered, what previously I didn't believe possible, that politicians behave in private life and say exactly the same things as they do in public. Their stupidity is inhuman.
- John Maynard Keynes
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Sorry if I missed it, but are you guys converting your paper I-Bond refunds into digital I-Bonds through the Conversion Linked Account?

I will once I ever receive my paper bonds...
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."