How about US mid-caps?

Discussion of the Stock portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Can't require LCB

Post by Dieter » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:02 am

If I require LCB, 0 portfolios at 0% min CAGR (everything else open / default)

Requiring TSM or LCG gives 10 portfolios.
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Can't require LCB

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 am

Dieter wrote:If I require LCB, 0 portfolios at 0% min CAGR (everything else open / default)
Thanks for the heads-up. It should work now -- luckily that was a relatively simple bug to find and fix.

I'm glad to see everyone finds it useful! :)
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Can't require LCB

Post by Dieter » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:48 am

Tyler wrote:
Dieter wrote:If I require LCB, 0 portfolios at 0% min CAGR (everything else open / default)
Thanks for the heads-up. It should work now -- luckily that was a relatively simple bug to find and fix.

I'm glad to see everyone finds it useful! :)
Verified working. Thanks for the quick fix.
smither17

Re: How about US mid-caps?

Post by smither17 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:57 am

A mid-cap company is a company with a market capitalization between $2 billion and $10 billion. As the name implies, a mid-cap company falls in the middle of the pack between large-cap and small-cap companies. Classifications such as large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap are only approximations and may change over time.
smither17

Post by smither17 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 am

What is 'Mid Cap'

A mid-top organization is an organization with a market capitalization between $2 billion and $10 billion. As the name infers, a mid-top organization falls amidst the pack between huge top and little top organizations. Orders, for example, vast top, mid-top and little top are just approximations and may change after some time.

BREAKING DOWN 'Mid Cap'

There are two primary ways an organization can raise capital when required: through obligation or value. Obligation must be paid back yet can for the most part be obtained at a lower rate than value because of expense preferences. Value may cost all the more, however it doesn't should be paid back in times of emergency. Subsequently, organizations endeavor to strike a harmony amongst obligation and value. This adjust is alluded to as a company's capital structure. Capital structure, particularly value capital structure, can educate speculators a ton concerning the development prospects for an organization.
Sir_Bondalot

Post by Sir_Bondalot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

I believe I recall noticing that many of the mid-cap indicies are ever so slightly "overweighted" with REIT's, compared to small-caps or large-caps. Perhaps this is a contributing factor in some small way given their past performance pre-2007/2008

I also think mid-caps are undervalued and overlooked. I have a mega tilt toward mid-caps, and tend to favor actively managed funds in this regard, only because I don't mind paying the difference for someone to pick the better performing mid-caps, given that they do seem 'overlooked', there might be opportunities for out-performance. I'm willing to take that chance. A 0.60% expense ratio isn't too bad for active management.