PREIX

Discussion of the Stock portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tom

PREIX

Post by Tom »

A while back I decided to open a second brokerage account for institutional diversification.  I already had one with Fidelity and started a second with T-Rowe Price.  I needed to add money to stocks so decided to buy a new fund through them.  The new Permanent Portfolio book wasn't out yet and I might have made the decision somewhat hastily.  I bought ticker PREIX: http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/f.aspx?t=PREIX

Would be curious to have other fellow PP'ers take a look and let me know if you think it's suitable for the HBPP?
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: PREIX

Post by Pointedstick »

The ER is a bit on the high side for a boring ol' S&P500 index, but otherwise it looks fine.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
craigr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by craigr »

Pointedstick wrote: The ER is a bit on the high side for a boring ol' S&P500 index, but otherwise it looks fine.
I'll second this. Expense ratio a little high compared to other index funds, but still well below a typical mutual fund.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

MangoMan wrote: T Rowe Price is a great company to work with; friendly, knowledgeable phone reps and a wide choice of funds. But they are indeed generally more expensive across the board vs similar funds at Vanguard.
Definitely. That's why I prefer the stock (TROW variable portfolio) to their products.