Discussion of the Stock portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Small cap value index: S&P 600 vs Russell 2000

Post by vnatale »

Tyler wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:09 pm
Smith1776 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:53 pm I love your community contributions, Tyler! You've always got this great balance between being authoritative but also understanding that different people have different views. Pretty rare these days -- especially on the Internet.

Forgive me if you've said this before, but what is your current portfolio allocation? Are you GB or PP? Or something else entirely?
Thanks! I just do my best to support good conversations, and I'm thankful that it's pretty easy here.

These days I use a slightly modified GB with 10% ST bonds and 10% REITs. Nothing crazy different, but my personal thought process tends to slowly evolve every time I get new data.
Just catching up to this one....are the two 10%'s above what you are using for the "classic" 20% cash (for Golden Butterfly)? The remaining 80% being equally divided between - Total Stock Market, Small Cap Value, Long Term Treasuries, Gold?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tyler
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Small cap value index: S&P 600 vs Russell 2000

Post by Tyler »

vnatale wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:12 pm Just catching up to this one....are the two 10%'s above what you are using for the "classic" 20% cash (for Golden Butterfly)? The remaining 80% being equally divided between - Total Stock Market, Small Cap Value, Long Term Treasuries, Gold?
Yep. I don't like to make a big deal about how I personally invest, as everyone is different and I also reserve the right to change my mind over time. But that's where I'm at right now.