Buffett calling the top in growth?

Discussion of the Stock portion of the Permanent Portfolio

Moderator: Global Moderator

pmward
Executive Member
Executive Member

Buffett calling the top in growth?

Post by pmward » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Buffett is really loading up on AMZN. Is this the contrarian indicator that growths outperformance has peaked and that we are going to shift into the opposite regime where growth suffers and value relatively out performs? Seeing a big name value guy throw in the towel and start chasing growth has the contrarian in me wondering if this is him calling the top in growth?
shekels
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Buffett calling the top in growth?

Post by shekels » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 am

pmward wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 pm
Buffett is really loading up on AMZN. Is this the contrarian indicator that growths outperformance has peaked and that we are going to shift into the opposite regime where growth suffers and value relatively out performs? Seeing a big name value guy throw in the towel and start chasing growth has the contrarian in me wondering if this is him calling the top in growth?
Maybe he is thinking this bubble has gotten way to big and there is no good value plays left to be had.

So just the Fear Of Missing Out ;D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

Berkshire Hathaway owns $947 million of Amazon. They have $112 BILLION in cash, and says international opportunities may be a better value because the cost of investing in the United States is on the rise.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Smith1776
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Smith1776 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:22 pm

My opinion of Buffett as of late is that when he gets into a company, it's usually a sign that the fortunes of that company are about to turn sour.

Don't get me wrong, love the guy and respect him and all, just.. yeah.
🛞 The All-Terrain Portfolio 🛞