The Left is eating itself

Gabe

The Left is eating itself

Post by Gabe » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Not exactly new, but I just stumbled across it, and it was too good not to share:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... te-man-now

And the same story from a more reputable source: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/magaz ... .html?_r=0
Last edited by Gabe on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Left is eating itself

Post by moda0306 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

The right dies with old age.

The left eats itself.

It's forces one to ask, "what happens when a pathetic, neutered force meets an obsolete, fragile object?"

Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor refuse to stop shitting out kids.

:)

Watching my lefty friends focus on the perfect equality of obscure groups while collectively shrugging at mass surveillance because it's Obama doing it is one of the more depressing things to see in politics.
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
moda0306
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by moda0306 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am

craigr wrote: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2535150
A Seattle, Wash. community is in uproar after a man undressed in the women’s locker room at a local pool, seemingly to test a new rule that allows transgender people to use the bathroom of their gender identity, according to King 5 News.

An unidentified man wearing board shorts walked into the women’s bathroom of Evans Pool, in the heart of Seattle, on Monday evening.
He returned to the restroom for a second time later that evening, when young girls were changing for swim practice.

People who frequent Evans Pool were outraged that the man would take advantage of the new rule, designed to protect the rights of the transgender community.

(emphasis added)

I love watching this stuff. The cognitive dissonance must be causing smoke to come from the left's ears as they try to sort out the victim group pecking order: Women or transgenders? Who do I side with? Can I get some PC guidance here?

It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.

When the moral relativism of the left takes hold it is no longer possible to assert right from wrong. Who are we to judge? If you don't want your six year old daughter in the shower room with a grown man wearing a dress, that makes you the problem. Don't want to be transphobic, right?
I re-assert my proposal for chromosome-based bathroom assignment.

Btw, does anyone know how locker/bathroom norms came about anyway?  I have to admit, they seem quite arbitrary. And am I the only one here who would like for men over 50 to have their own separate locker room!?  What is it about you guys and walking around naked for 45 minutes after a workout!!!???
"Men did not make the earth. It is the value of the improvements only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property. Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

- Thomas Paine
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 am

moda0306 wrote: Btw, does anyone know how locker/bathroom norms came about anyway?  I have to admit, they seem quite arbitrary. And am I the only one here who would like for men over 50 to have their own separate locker room!?  What is it about you guys and walking around naked for 45 minutes after a workout!!!???
I totally agree. I work out at an Army gym (I work for the government), and I constantly have to blur my vision when I enter the locker room because there is a good chance I'll see guy butt or something else as soon as I enter. There is no warning, just a metaphorical (ideally) slap to the face.
Background: Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Control Systems, CAD Modeling, Machining, Wearable Exoskeletons, Applied Physiology, Drawing (Pencil/Charcoal), Drums, Guitar/Bass, Piano, Flute

"you are not disabled by your disabilities but rather, abled by your abilities." -Oscar Pistorius
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 pm

This thread is hilarious! 

I'm trying to think of any life experience I've had that relates to this though and I can't.  I guess that's a good thing. 
Greg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Greg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:54 am

Michellebell wrote: This thread is hilarious! 

I'm trying to think of any life experience I've had that relates to this though and I can't.  I guess that's a good thing.
I tell my wife about these things and she finds it hilarious as well because when she goes in her girl's locker room (which I imagine has pillow fights, smooth funk music playing, and everyone looks like a supermodel), she never sees women walking around naked. Not sure if it is just more practical for guys to walk around naked, and that's what guys are all about, or women worry more about judging if people walked around naked, I dunno.
Background: Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Control Systems, CAD Modeling, Machining, Wearable Exoskeletons, Applied Physiology, Drawing (Pencil/Charcoal), Drums, Guitar/Bass, Piano, Flute

"you are not disabled by your disabilities but rather, abled by your abilities." -Oscar Pistorius
Reub
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Reub » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:26 pm

The over 50 year olds are strategically placed in the locker rooms to serve to give the younger members a glimpse into their own futures and insure  membership renewals. I thought that everyone knew this.
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Greg wrote:
Michellebell wrote: This thread is hilarious! 

I tell my wife about these things and she finds it hilarious as well because when she goes in her girl's locker room (which I imagine has pillow fights, smooth funk music playing, and everyone looks like a supermodel), she never sees women walking around naked. Not sure if it is just more practical for guys to walk around naked, and that's what guys are all about, or women worry more about judging if people walked around naked, I dunno.
The crazy thing is, women are LEAST likely to suffer devastating attacks on their genitals. Men can get hit with snapping towels, an inadvertent backpack swing, or someone practicing martial arts. Our junk is completely vulnerable. Scroti are silly.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:18 pm

craigr wrote: It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.
I was just visiting a good friend in Portland and couple nights ago we went out to a bar for some local color. A fat, presumably feminist, girl with a degree in sociology from UC Berkeley came over to ruthlessly hit on me. We were drunk and amused so we humored her with conversation for a few minutes before we left.

Totally unbidden, she introduced gender fluidity into the conversation, explaining to me how all restrooms should be co-ed because segregated restrooms were unfair to the many people who were born with a gender identity different from the one they were assigned by society. In retrospect, I should have effected a look of earnest confusion and asked her if gender fluid was something manufactured locally in Portland. I’m dumbfounded, albeit not entirely surprised, that this is a topic she introduced within minutes of initiating the bar courtship ritual.

I’m not sure what the deal is with the Pacific Northwest, but it would seem some gender fluid is leaking into the water supply.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:56 am

Gabe wrote:
craigr wrote: It also speaks to the degraded culture of Seattle that nobody took action or even tried to call the police on this pervert. They have been completely brainwashed.
I was just visiting a good friend in Portland and couple nights ago we went out to a bar for some local color. A fat, presumably feminist, girl with a degree in sociology from UC Berkeley came over to ruthlessly hit on me. We were drunk and amused so we humored her with conversation for a few minutes before we left.

Totally unbidden, she introduced gender fluidity into the conversation, explaining to me how all restrooms should be co-ed because segregated restrooms were unfair to the many people who were born with a gender identity different from the one they were assigned by society. In retrospect, I should have effected a look of earnest confusion and asked her if gender fluid was something manufactured locally in Portland. I’m dumbfounded, albeit not entirely surprised, that this is a topic she introduced within minutes of initiating the bar courtship ritual.

I’m not sure what the deal is with the Pacific Northwest, but it would seem some gender fluid is leaking into the water supply.
Gabe, you passed on an opportunity for a fluid threesome?  I'm shocked.  ;)  ;D

... M
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:23 am

Gabe wrote:

This may be off topic, but "Gender Fluid" would be a great name for a rock band.
Michellebell

Post by Michellebell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:58 am

I've never before heard the phrase "gender fluid" before.  I had to look it up to see if it's a real thing.  So strange! 
Drewskers

Post by Drewskers » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:41 pm

There's a reason for that, it's got nothing to do with brainwashing, it's because we all know there is a snowball chance in hell of Seattle police responding to a non-emergency.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/i ... /80965296/

This kind of stuff happens everyday. Most citizens just aren't this tenacious.

Of course you could make the case, this is another sign of degraded culture.

Edit: another recent example that citizens managed to escalate into visibility:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... a-mystery/
Last edited by Drewskers on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe

Post by Gabe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:41 am

Desert wrote:
Michellebell wrote: I've never before heard the phrase "gender fluid" before.  I had to look it up to see if it's a real thing.  So strange!
Same here.  "A gender that changes over time." 

Gender with time dependency.  G(t) = cos(t) 

Ask me my gender, and I'll ask you what time it is.   

It seems like gender fluidity would drive a ridiculous clothing budget, too.
I envy you both. I can't tell you how many times I've had to roll my eyes at worse. I grew up awash in liberalism. I can't even speak politics with my brother, an otherwise extremely reasonable guy, without it immediately turning into accusations of me being privileged, selfish, and hating poor people.

I stumbled across libertarian/anarcho-capitalist reading material toward the end of high school, which almost immediately made sense to me from an economic perspective. But the real turning point that led me to also question liberal social values was picking up a copy of Alan Bloom's The Closing of the American Mind. Reading a brilliant atheist defend conservative values really got me thinking.
Gabe

Post by Gabe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 am

Just wait til you hear the term 'heteronormative' used pejoratively.
Simonjester wrote:
cis�gen�der
sis?jend?r/
adjective
adjective: cisgender; adjective: cis-gender; adjective: cisgendered; adjective: cis-gendered

denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity conforms with the gender that corresponds to their biological sex; not trans-gender.

and it is already being used pejoratively ::)
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:00 am

Gabe wrote: Just wait til you hear the term 'heteronormative' used pejoratively.
No waiting is necessary; that is already a microaggression.

Or whatever the opposite of a microaggression might be, because of course there's no such thing as a microaggression against heteronormative patriarchists!
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Libertarian666 wrote:
Gabe wrote:

This may be off topic, but "Gender Fluid" would be a great name for a rock band.
This is what the singer would look like:

[img width=480]https://i.imgur.com/NudCH.jpg[/img]
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Here's a gem from an article bemoaning the lack of retirement savings in the Hispanic population.  See how many thought errors and politically correct self-contradictions you can spot in this one sentence:
"Undocumented workers who may not be using their own Social Security card to qualify for employment and for tax purposes will also see little, if any, of the Social Security benefits they accrue over the years, Morrissey said."
Follow-up question:  How much in Social Security benefits do undocumented workers accrue?  The answer, I suspect, is quite short.  Starts with Z.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 pm

craigr wrote: Also, you'd be amazed at how well these three words can send Liberals scrambling: I don't care.

In fact, just internalize that attitude towards liberals: "I don't care."
As a former liberal, I think Craig is right on the money here. It leaves them speechless. The core of liberalism is pretending to care about everything and feigning shock that other people don't share your degree of caring. "I don't care" completely eliminates all their power. They may immediately follow up with an insult. You might be called a jerk, or an asshole, or a monster, or as bad as Rush Limbaugh or Adolph Hitler. Repeat it: "I don't care." Resist the urge to say something like, "Where's all your compassion now?" Just keep on not caring. If you don't care about their cause du jour, they have no power.
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan
MediumTex
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MediumTex » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Following Triumph's lead, any time someone says "orientation", I put on my disappointed face and say: "Ahem, I assume you meant 'asianentation', right?"
Q: “Do you have funny shaped balloons?”
A: “Not unless round is funny.”
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am

Pointedstick wrote:
craigr wrote: Also, you'd be amazed at how well these three words can send Liberals scrambling: I don't care.

As a former liberal, I think Craig is right on the money here. It leaves them speechless. The core of liberalism is pretending to care about everything and feigning shock that other people don't share your degree of caring. "I don't care" completely eliminates all their power. They may immediately follow up with an insult. You might be called a jerk, or an asshole, or a monster, or as bad as Rush Limbaugh or Adolph Hitler. Repeat it: "I don't care." Resist the urge to say something like, "Where's all your compassion now?" Just keep on not caring. If you don't care about their cause du jour, they have no power.
Right. Although in the case of my brother, I just cannot discuss politics with him without his turning into the Anger character in "Inside Out". So I don't.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:05 am

Ironically, the now-liberal policies of free trade and unfettered illegal immigration, and perhaps also the minimum wage laws, are a disaster for "poor people", at least the ones who are trying to earn a living outside of the welfare system.  The logic, though, is impossible to explain since it involves multiple reasoning steps and a departure from the usual media script.

Maybe Craig's method is easier, though it would only feed the fire with some people I know.  Changing the subject works better in those cases.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch." -- Benjamin Franklin
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 am

sophie wrote: Ironically, the now-liberal policies of free trade and unfettered illegal immigration, and perhaps also the minimum wage laws, are a disaster for "poor people", at least the ones who are trying to earn a living outside of the welfare system.  The logic, though, is impossible to explain since it involves multiple reasoning steps and a departure from the usual media script.

Maybe Craig's method is easier, though it would only feed the fire with some people I know.  Changing the subject works better in those cases.
This is wrong. Just one example is the fact that Walmart has lowered the cost of living substantially for poor people.

But more generally, free trade and free movement of people have a net positive impact on living standards. Yes, of course there will always be people whose livelihood is negatively affected, but that is true of any type of freedom. E.g., forcing employers to hire only union members can raise the standard of living of those people in the union while lowering the standard of living of others, and removing that restriction, while raising the standard of living of most people, can definitely lower the standard of living of those in the formerly protected class.
jafs
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jafs » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:44 am

Pointedstick wrote:

Why do you say "pretend to care" - the liberals I know actually do care.

And, yes, people who care about issues find it hard to comprehend that others might just not care about them.  But, that doesn't make being uncaring a virtue.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:50 am

jafs wrote:
Pointedstick wrote: As a former liberal, I think Craig is right on the money here. It leaves them speechless. The core of liberalism is pretending to care about everything and feigning shock that other people don't share your degree of caring. "I don't care" completely eliminates all their power. They may immediately follow up with an insult. You might be called a jerk, or an asshole, or a monster, or as bad as Rush Limbaugh or Adolph Hitler. Repeat it: "I don't care." Resist the urge to say something like, "Where's all your compassion now?" Just keep on not caring. If you don't care about their cause du jour, they have no power.
Why do you say "pretend to care" - the liberals I know actually do care.
About everything?
Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant.
- CEO Nwabudike Morgan