House Dems To Biden: 'Hands Off Assange!'

whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

House Dems To Biden: 'Hands Off Assange!'

Post by whatchamacallit » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 pm

Another from Ron Paul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8layGKQIc-Y

A group of House Democrats have sent a letter to the Biden Administration demanding that all charges be dropped against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. Yesterday marked his fourth year being held in the notorious Belmarsh prison in the UK, awaiting extradition to the US. In Australia and New Zealand a similar cry for his release is coming up from politicians of all stripe
I don't think I am voting democrat yet but this is a good start.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: House Dems To Biden: 'Hands Off Assange!'

Post by boglerdude » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:09 pm

He leaked American intel but much less on Russia and China. His release isnt high on my list of concerns
Kriegsspiel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kriegsspiel » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:17 pm

It's absurd that Julian Assange is still being targeted by the US government, while the source of his information, Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning, is living free. Manning indiscriminately leaked information that had no reason to be released. A personal example; I was deployed to Afghanistan at the time. He leaked the locations where we lost direct radio comms with our FOB. Completely negligent and malicious. I don't think Manning should be a free man today. Assange published "news" that he found out, which is what journalists do, so I don't really have hard feelings towards him.
You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:12 pm

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:17 pm
It's absurd that Julian Assange is still being targeted by the US government, while the source of his information, Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning, is living free. Manning indiscriminately leaked information that had no reason to be released. A personal example; I was deployed to Afghanistan at the time. He leaked the locations where we lost direct radio comms with our FOB. Completely negligent and malicious. I don't think Manning should be a free man today. Assange published "news" that he found out, which is what journalists do, so I don't really have hard feelings towards him.

Yes, I had always understood it was the initial leaker who is blamed for classified information getting out, never the recipient of the information.