Trump spurred ‘existential crisis’ at Fox News, lawsuit exhibits show

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA18l836

“We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights,” prime-time host Tucker Carlson texted a colleague on Jan. 4, 2021. “I truly can’t wait.”

Carlson, who had shared private meetings with the president and defended him on-air, added in a text: “I hate him passionately. … What he’s good at is destroying things. He’s the undisputed world champion of that. He could easily destroy us if we play it wrong.”

Carlson’s private thoughts are especially striking in light of a new round of criticism this week that he misrepresented exclusive security-camera footage from the U.S. Capitol through a lens of Trumpian misinformation to downplay the severity of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump spurred ‘existential crisis’ at Fox News, lawsuit exhibits show

Post by joypog » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:44 pm

It amazes me that Tucker is still being watched in spite of these revelations.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump spurred ‘existential crisis’ at Fox News, lawsuit exhibits show

Post by vnatale » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:37 pm

joypog wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:44 pm

It amazes me that Tucker is still being watched in spite of these revelations.

But does it seem go along with this which I just read in the Woodard Twenty Interviews with Trump book?

COMMENTARY: Jared Kushner’s recommendation for understanding Trump was to consider the advice of the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. He paraphrased the cat: “If you don’t know where you’re going, any path will get you there.” The Cheshire Cat’s strategy was one of endurance and persistence, not direction.

Another text Kushner suggested I read to understand Trump was Scott Adams’s book Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don’t Matter. Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, explains in his book that Trump’s misstatements of facts are not regrettable errors or ethical lapses but part of a technique called “intentional wrongness persuasion.” Adams argues that Trump “can invent any reality” for most voters on most issues, and “all you will remember is that he provided his reasons, he didn’t apologize, and his opponents called him a liar like they always do.”

I was astonished at the time that Kushner would deliver such a hard, negative assessment of his father-in-law.

Was it possible the best road map for understanding this administration was a novel about a young girl who falls through a rabbit hole and a book that argued the President could persuade people he was right, even when he lied?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."