Fox News

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Fox News

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:15 pm

If FNC was a church, it would be called Our Lady of Perpetual Outrage.
It is unwatchable for me, and I agree with their positions.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Fox News

Post by glennds » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:50 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:15 pm
If a news outlet has "positions" are they still a news outlet?
A question not limited to Fox, BTW.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:47 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
It seems like it’s designed to rile up old people, and is successful at doing just that with my parents.
They have it on all the time, like it’s another utility in the home.
Sam Bankman-Fried sentenced to 25 years
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:47 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
It seems like it’s designed to rile up old people, and is successful at doing just that with my parents.
I see the same thing in some homes. The duration of viewing stats must be amazing. And then they can sell commercials to Mike Lindell and various products for patriots.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:20 pm

I Shrugged wrote:

My only exposure is Fox News Sunday.

Chris Matthews, though an avowed conservative, was always extremely fair.

His replacement is quite good.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:31 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 pm
dualstow wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:47 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
I see the same thing in some homes. The duration of viewing stats must be amazing. And then they can sell commercials to Mike Lindell and various products for patriots.
My pillow, my sheets, my slippers, my Fox, my gosh - it's greasy grimy gopher guts!
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:18 am

Mike Huckabee is more palatable but gosh he’s hawking a lot of stuff these days.
At least on Fox Business, which is what I watch sometimes.
Mike Hawkabee.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:23 am

I Shrugged wrote:
This pretty much sums it up for me. Some of the people they have on in the afternoon seem decent and sometimes informative, but the entire evening crew (Carson Hannity, Ingraham, etc.) is filled with vitriol. To be clear, I can't stand CNN, MSNBC or much of the traditional mainstream either. Fox is a mouthpiece for extremists on the right as MSNBC is for those on the left. Ditto for what one finds on the radio. News outlets have always had a point of view to a certain extent, but decades ago were generally watchable without making me feel like the world was coming to an end.

Anyway, I have pretty much decided to not watch any news on TV and that leaves me with the question of where to go to stay informed.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:09 am

barrett wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:23 am
I Shrugged wrote:
This pretty much sums it up for me. Some of the people they have on in the afternoon seem decent and sometimes informative, but the entire evening crew (Carson Hannity, Ingraham, etc.) is filled with vitriol. To be clear, I can't stand CNN, MSNBC or much of the traditional mainstream either. Fox is a mouthpiece for extremists on the right as MSNBC is for those on the left. Ditto for what one finds on the radio. News outlets have always had a point of view to a certain extent, but decades ago were generally watchable without making me feel like the world was coming to an end.

Anyway, I have pretty much decided to not watch any news on TV and that leaves me with the question of where to go to stay informed.
Or making me feel like I need a shower.

As for staying informed, right here on the gyroscopic investing forum of course! Where else would I find out the best way and place to discard pee or see the latest cat and dog pictures. What more does one need? ;)
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:55 pm

I find FoxNews to be extremely leftist. Didn't Tucker come out in favor of gay marriage? Aren't they always pushing for war like the obvious liberal channels? War is another government program. Don't they support deficits and things like medicare and medicaid and social security etc?

To me they seem like controlled opposition. They rarely support anything good, certainly not anything approaching freedom. They often side with the dems on anything important (they are mad Biden is going to war against Russia even harder, or the Chinese). They complain about things like the border being open, but last time I checked, a Republican was the governor of Texas. They complain about Democrat politicians and that's about it. Telling me AOC is dumb and Biden/Pelosi are corrupt does not help me or anyone else. That's like saying water is wet.

The Murdoch family were big donars to Biden's campaign and I think Hillary's also and that makes sense considering how much they attacked Trump and tried to stump for Biden and Hillary (calling states early and falsely for them, saying Trump had no chance, not even covering the fraud and all the fake ballots coming in days and weeks after the election).

They are the alternative to the rest of the media which is indistinguishable from each other. People who dispise the libs turn to Fox out of necessity, not because they actually provide a conservative or libertarian viewpoint or even unbiased reporting of facts. That's how I see it anyway. FOX is mostly unwatchable to me because it's so leftist, with occasional shows/anchors that are better than others.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:13 pm

True, but Trump could be controlled opposition. Known grifter with no understanding of libertarianism. Someone has to come out and say "I'm going to change things" vs "things are going well enough, change not required"

He appointed conservative judges, but that may serve Dems as well. They dont want the equality they crow about for votes. The big geo-political question is, the global oligarchs would all get richer (and are) cooperating to subdue the working class. But sometimes ego "trumps" money and they attack each other. covid showed me many people are happy to watch the world burn if they can bully someone, even their own child, about masks/following the rules.

Repost "The World is a Corporation" Network 1976 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DSdw7dHjs
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:03 pm

Correction, war is the biggest government program.
barrett
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by barrett » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:43 am

SilentMajority wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:55 pm
I find FoxNews to be extremely leftist.
Are there then in your opinion any news organizations that are centrist or right wing?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:12 am

SilentMajority wrote:
I find FoxNews to be extremely leftist. Didn't Tucker come out in favor of gay marriage?

Maybe that’s no longer purely leftist but more like the concept of desegregation, slowly approaching that in popularity.
jalanlong
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jalanlong » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:08 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:03 pm
Not according to Politifact, unless you do not consider Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to be programs.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (65.4 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:49 pm

barrett wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:43 am
SilentMajority wrote:
Are there then in your opinion any news organizations that are centrist or right wing?
No major ones that I'm aware of. Maybe OAN or Newsmax were centrist or whatever but aren't those getting shut down?

I don't see anything even close to mainstream that would be considered "right-wing". Where is there any call from a major news outlet to roll back any of the communist institutions and leftist indoctrination going on?
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:22 pm

jalanlong wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:08 am
I Shrugged wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:03 pm
Not according to Politifact, unless you do not consider Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to be programs.

Capture.PNG

Ah, you ruined my bumper sticker.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 pm

Bumper stickers are almost always wrong.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:50 pm

SilentMajority wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:49 pm

barrett wrote:

SilentMajority wrote:

No major ones that I'm aware of. Maybe OAN or Newsmax were centrist or whatever but aren't those getting shut down?

I don't see anything even close to mainstream that would be considered "right-wing". Where is there any call from a major news outlet to roll back any of the communist institutions and leftist indoctrination going on?

Your standards appear to be extreme, ultra-right wing?

What politicians in the last 75 years have represented what you view as "right-wing"?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:16 pm

dualstow wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 pm
Bumper stickers are almost always wrong.

THAT would be an awesome bumper sticker.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:22 pm

Recursion!
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:05 pm

vnatale wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:50 pm
What politicians in the last 75 years have represented what you view as "right-wing"?
Nice move to prevent triggering Godwin's Law!
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:16 pm

vnatale wrote:
SilentMajority wrote:
barrett wrote:
SilentMajority wrote:

If you mean US politician, there hasn't been any prominent ones. Some people might say Goldwater because he voted against the Civil Rights act in '64 but that was because he said it was illegal for the government to criminalize discrimination by non government agencies and people. Forcing businesses (people) to associate with people they don't want to should not be legal. He was simply in favor of freedom and some semblance of the constitution and for that he's a right-winger.

There is no right wing anything of prominence, not in mainstream media or politicians. It's a trick to keep moving the Overton window. The left moves to the left and calls ANYONE to the "right" of them, right-wing.

Today's right wing conservatives often support:

1. Gov't healthcare
2. Social Security
3. Bases in Foreign countries and wars
4. Gay Marriage
5. Gay adoption
6. A "progressive" tax system
7. Welfare
8. Affirmative Action
9. Abortion at least in the early stages
10. No-fault divorce (women leaving and taking the kids and the house and alimony/child support because they are "unhappy")
11. Open borders (or at least not deporting people here illegally).
12. "Sensible" gun control

Anyone who even came close to saying the constitution should be implemented would be branded the most hateful and vile right-winger. No one even close to that exists in the mainstream and I can't remember one in my lifetime that did.

Would you consider George Lincoln Rockwell a politician? Per Wikipedia he got 212 votes as a write in candidate for president in '64 and 1% of the Virginia gubernatorial vote in '65. I don't think that really merits calling him a politician since he never held office as far as I can tell.
SilentMajority

Post by SilentMajority » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:19 pm

Didn't FOX hire a tranny (Bruce Jenner) to host some show?

lol they are not Right wing, they are very very leftist. They are pied pipers leading people AWAY from the right or the constitution or Christian values or whatever you call right-wing beliefs.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:41 am

SilentMajority wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:16 pm

vnatale wrote:

SilentMajority wrote:

barrett wrote:

SilentMajority wrote:

If you mean US politician, there hasn't been any prominent ones. Some people might say Goldwater because he voted against the Civil Rights act in '64 but that was because he said it was illegal for the government to criminalize discrimination by non government agencies and people. Forcing businesses (people) to associate with people they don't want to should not be legal. He was simply in favor of freedom and some semblance of the constitution and for that he's a right-winger.

There is no right wing anything of prominence, not in mainstream media or politicians. It's a trick to keep moving the Overton window. The left moves to the left and calls ANYONE to the "right" of them, right-wing.

Today's right wing conservatives often support:

1. Gov't healthcare
2. Social Security
3. Bases in Foreign countries and wars
4. Gay Marriage
5. Gay adoption
6. A "progressive" tax system
7. Welfare
8. Affirmative Action
9. Abortion at least in the early stages
10. No-fault divorce (women leaving and taking the kids and the house and alimony/child support because they are "unhappy")
11. Open borders (or at least not deporting people here illegally).
12. "Sensible" gun control

Anyone who even came close to saying the constitution should be implemented would be branded the most hateful and vile right-winger. No one even close to that exists in the mainstream and I can't remember one in my lifetime that did.

Would you consider George Lincoln Rockwell a politician? Per Wikipedia he got 212 votes as a write in candidate for president in '64 and 1% of the Virginia gubernatorial vote in '65. I don't think that really merits calling him a politician since he never held office as far as I can tell.

Yes, I did mean US poltician.

If no one fit your criteria in the last 75 years then, perhaps, your criteria is too idealistic, almost bordering as being on a mythological level?