US House to investigate the Bidens et al

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

US House to investigate the Bidens et al

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:15 pm

Investigation of obvious questions raised by the laptop. I hope they include why the FBI and social media companies ran political interference on the story. This could be good. OTOH it’s being run by the Republicans, so incompetent PR can be expected.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: US House to investigate the Bidens et al

Post by Kbg » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:32 pm

I don't think they will find anything new on the FBI as that dog has been run.

I am looking forward to the social media companies side of the investigation.

However, I think at the end of the day, given current law, they can simply say our job is take make money and those were our decisions. May not like em, but our business call. Of course the complete irony is that the legislators and the social media companies will all make money on the investigation.

News + Controvery = Clicks = Advert dollars

That's all you really need to understand and then much of our modern discourse/social media all makes sense (left and right).

Truth, accuracy, facts, considered and qualified opinion...meh. Doesn't make as much money.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:12 pm

Kbg wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:32 pm

However, I think at the end of the day, given current law, they can simply say our job is take make money and those were our decisions. May not like em, but our business call. Of course the complete irony is that the legislators and the social media companies will all make money on the investigation.

That's all you really need to understand and then much of our modern discourse/social media all makes sense (left and right).

Truth, accuracy, facts, considered and qualified opinion...meh. Doesn't make as much money.

Those parts are adjunct to the main questions, which are about Biden Inc.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Kbg wrote:

The problem with the social media side of things is that there’s evidence that the government was telling them what to do on this and other topics. So it’s not as simple as private companies / private decisions.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:59 pm

Hey, if there's nothing there, then cool...and if it pushes Biden stage left (assuming he's not shameless like his predecessor) that's fine too.

Since we can have nothing nice in this world, the likely endgame is two discredited presidents vying for a second term in 2024. >:D
Last edited by joypog on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:30 pm

joypog wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:59 pm
Hey, if there's nothing there, then cool...and if it pushes Biden stage left (assuming he's not shameless like his predecessor) that's fine too.

Since we can nothing nice in this world, the likely endgame is two discredited presidents vying for a second term in 2024. >:D
Do you think there'd be a sizable chunk of people voting third-party in that situation?
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:10 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:30 pm
joypog wrote:
Since we can nothing nice in this world, the likely endgame is two discredited presidents vying for a second term in 2024. >:D
Do you think there'd be a sizable chunk of people voting third-party in that situation?
I think the prisoners dilemma is too strong.

I’m on a high from the recent election where purple states rejected election deniers…but I’m not THAT high.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:18 pm

Xan wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:30 pm

joypog wrote:

Didn't Ross Perot get 20% in 1992? Those two main candidates would be much better than a 2020 rematch in 2024 so would depend upon how popular that third party candidate is.
Last edited by vnatale on Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:17 pm
Kbg wrote:

The problem with the social media side of things is that there’s evidence that the government was telling them what to do on this and other topics. So it’s not as simple as private companies / private decisions.
We shall see. I’m all for a review…but Congress is political theater not a court of law.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 pm

Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 am
flyingpylon wrote:
Kbg wrote:

We shall see. I’m all for a review…but Congress is political theater not a court of law.
Yes, the Justice Dept and FBI should be investigating it. But, you know....
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:35 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 pm
Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 am
flyingpylon wrote:
Kbg wrote:

Yes, the Justice Dept and FBI should be investigating it. But, you know....
Yes, I do. Had a Trump/Barr appointed Special Prosecutor look into that...and what happened when the two cases he brought went to court? 0/2 IIRC. And the two senior FBI agents involved...fired. But, you know...doesn't fit the preferred narrative. Actual lies are a Trump/MAGA specialty. Here's to hoping the adults take back over the Republican Party.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:57 pm

Are you talking about RussiaGate? @kbg

Has there been an investigation of the laptop and its vectors? I’m not aware of it, or maybe I am forgetting.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Too much typing for no real purpose. As we agree, let's see what the investigation brings up/finds
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 pm

What happened with the Trump raid. He was selling secrets? Two wrongs sometimes make a right, but they didnt even stop him from running again

Youtube doesnt like videos where Dems question elections https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoMfIkz7v6s
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/election- ... ut-not-for
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:18 am

Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:58 pm
Too much typing for no real purpose. As we agree, let's see what the investigation brings up/finds
Yes. Congress is political theater, but let’s put our faith in an investigation conducted by… Congress. :o
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:59 am

flyingpylon wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:18 am
Kbg wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:58 pm
Yes. Congress is political theater, but let’s put our faith in an investigation conducted by… Congress. :o
Yeah, on the flip side that’s why the investigation on Trump has been in my ignore box. I do still believe in jurors though. So I don’t pay much attention until a verdict is announced.