Anybody got Beef with the Dispatch, Jonah Goldberg, David French etc.

Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Anybody got Beef with the Dispatch, Jonah Goldberg, David French etc.

Post by Kbg »

Shortages of everything...90%+ business caused. They created a highly fragile logistics system. That's the facts...the rest is BS.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

Dispatch just bagged Kevin Williamson.

https://thedispatch.com/p/why-im-at-the-dispatch-ea7
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

Another great article by David French....hoping that this election will signal the wane of the "malice theory" of politics.

Overall I think it was a great election result - not so much about the feds (one way or the other) but that all those election denying govs and SOS in swing states are getting sent home.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

Yeah...if I had to bet it would be Trump vs Biden round 2...the election no one wants.

If I could wishcast, it would be a couple governors who don't waste of energy being trolls like Desantis and Newsome. I doubt we'll be so lucky...maybe 2028.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 am
Yeah...if I had to bet it would be Trump vs Biden round 2...the election no one wants.

If I could wishcast, it would be a couple governors who don't waste of energy being trolls like Desantis and Newsome. I doubt we'll be so lucky...maybe 2028.

It will reveal tremendous arrogance, delusion, not wanting the best for the country on the part of Biden if he runs again rather than him letting an innumerable number of far more qualified candidates than him to run.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

vnatale wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 pm
joypog wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 am Yeah...if I had to bet it would be Trump vs Biden round 2...the election no one wants.

It will reveal tremendous arrogance, delusion, not wanting the best for the country on the part of Biden if he runs again rather than him letting an innumerable number of far more qualified candidates than him to run.
As opposed to the arrogance and delusion of Trump? >:D

The only excuse I'd give for Biden running again is if Trump looking like he will be destroying the Republican field and Biden truly believes he's the only guy who can beat Trump. That opinion might be delusional but after 2016 its understandable, cause for darn sure Kamala can't.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:59 pm
vnatale wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:33 pm
joypog wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 am

As opposed to the arrogance and delusion of Trump? >:D

The only excuse I'd give for Biden running again is if Trump looking like he will be destroying the Republican field and Biden truly believes he's the only guy who can beat Trump. That opinion might be delusional but after 2016 its understandable, cause for darn sure Kamala can't.

I thought it was entirely self-evident with Trump so did not believe I needed to say anything simlar regarding him.

In 2020 anyone who was not Trump was going to beat Trump.

He's never won a popular vote in any election where he is on the ballot and the votes for other Republicans are poor for those he advocates for. This last election was truly influenced by him in a negative way for the Repuplicans.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

vnatale wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:46 pm I thought it was entirely self-evident with Trump so did not believe I needed to say anything simlar regarding him.
>:D
In 2020 anyone who was not Trump was going to beat Trump.

He's never won a popular vote in any election where he is on the ballot and the votes for other Republicans are poor for those he advocates for. This last election was truly influenced by him in a negative way for the Repuplicans.
I wouldn't be so sure...boring old Joe barely made it across the finish line, you think the Kamala or Warren could have pulled that off?

I agree that Trump is most likely the worst Republican candidate out there for the General...but golly, the Dem's have some whoppers on their side — and I say that as someone who is theoretically partial towards postmodernism and CRT, etc.

The body politic ain't there and the Dem's have to stop trying to shove it down people's throats...cause we'll end up with 4 more years of Trump....
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

I think the R primary is going to be by far the most entertaining. Trump will run, but I don't think this time he's going to win. People I know who are MAGA types pretty much understand (now) he has no chance of winning a general.

Apparently the Trump circus is going to launch tonight...
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

Kbg wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:40 pm I think the R primary is going to be by far the most entertaining. Trump will run, but I don't think this time he's going to win. People I know who are MAGA types pretty much understand (now) he has no chance of winning a general.
Let's hope. I'm no fan of the Ron DeSanctimonius Troll, but even I acknowledge he'd be better than Trump. Hell, I'll take another 8 years of Cheney if it meant avoiding 4 more years of Trump.
Apparently the Trump circus is going to launch tonight...
Let's not hope...but the universe don't give us a vote on that. I bet the MSM is delighted (I mean, after they stop counting the Georgia money for the next 3 weeks)
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

Good quip for this Remnant podcast episode with Ruy Teixeira about the basic D vs R perception in independent voters.
out of step vs out of their minds
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

I think in general the US voter is done with left and right crazy and we're starting to see that.