Trump reelection bid

If Trump announced he was going to run in 2024 would you vote for him knowing what you know today?

Yes
15%
No
85%

Total votes: 20
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump reelection bid

Post by joypog »

I read the wikipedia article thinking there might be something new. Given the uncertainty in that article there is nothing that would have changed votes, especially in the face of the blatant corruption of the Trump family.
1/n weirdo. US-TSM, US-SCV, Intl-SCV, LTT, STT, GLD (+ a little in MF)
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:15 pm
Kbg wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:16 am
For someone more to the political center...Hunter Biden, Jared Kushner...help me detect any difference?

Thanks for letting me know that Jared is a crack-head who spends much of his time with prostitutes. I did not previously know that!
Yeah, a $2B "investment" from the Saudis. No big deal. Why go low class sleaze when we have high class sleaze we can pick that's what I always say.

Good whatabout though.
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:33 pm
joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:59 pm I read the wikipedia article thinking there might be something new. Given the uncertainty in that article there is nothing that would have changed votes, especially in the face of the blatant corruption of the Trump family.
So you don't think there is "blatant corruption" of the Biden Trump family?

If no, you are either brainwashed or lying. If yes, why don't you talk about that like you talk about Trump Biden?
This whatabout stuff is pretty fun, easy too!
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:59 pm I read the wikipedia article thinking there might be something new. Given the uncertainty in that article there is nothing that would have changed votes, especially in the face of the blatant corruption of the Trump family.
So you don't think there is "blatant corruption" of the Biden family?

If no, you are either brainwashed or lying. If yes, why don't you talk about that like you talk about Trump?
In Hunter Biden's world, of course. Widely acknowledged....but he's not part of the Administration.

In Mr. Joe Biden himself? Nothing I've heard of. I mean, I'd be shocked if we didn't find Pelosi shenanigans if you scratch beneath the surface, but that's par for the course for career DC politicians on all sides.. Trump himself was far worse with his use of hotels and the blatant nepotism to his children and son-in-law.

If you want to indulge in conspiracy theory (as (edit) mountaineer (edit) hinted at in a previous post with the death of Biden's first wife) I'll let you stew in that filth on your own.
Last edited by joypog on Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:15 pm
Kbg wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:16 am
For someone more to the political center...Hunter Biden, Jared Kushner...help me detect any difference?

Thanks for letting me know that Jared is a crack-head who spends much of his time with prostitutes. I did not previously know that!
Let's walk the high road here guys. No need to call Ivanka a prostitute.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Mountaineer wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:26 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:36 pm
Well, what is on the laptop spells out big time influence peddling by Hunter, with a cut going to Joe. Maybe this will get investigated eventually.

But yeah, it’s just Russian disinformation, nothing to see here. Move along.

As much as I dislike Joe Biden .... he and his son are two different people.

Has anything been proven that he did this with his father's knowledge? If not, then how should it affect how someone evaluates his father?

I’d say you have it reversed in your last sentence. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I think I have previously mentioned the coverups related to his first wife’s death. He’s been corrupt for over half a century.

I have had an intense dislike of Biden for over 30 years now. For a number of good reasons that reveal his lack of integrity and a lack of some other things.

However, I cannot then just broad brush to say that, of course, he was in collusion with his son.

I try to be fair and only condemn on what I've seen evidence on to convict him on yet another reason to continue to not like him.

So far I've not seen any evidence in this laptop issue. I am still waiting for anyone to provide me direct evidence. Otherwise I just view it making something out of nothing.

On the other hand, we did have Comey bring out the email thing regarding Hillary just before the 2016 election. He tried to pull it back, minimize it but by then it was too late.

There were two different dynamics in 2016 and 2020.

Hillary was disliked by many in 2016. Bringing that out did cause some to stay home and not vote for her.

Trump was detested by many in 2020. Nothing was going to increase any votes for him. He has his cult voters who vote for him no matter what. The detesters wanted nothing to do with him anymore so short of Biden shooting someone on Broadway Biden was going to get their vote.

Therefore I cannot see Trump getting more votes or Biden getting less votes than he got if the laptop had been pursued by the mainstream media. But that would have required them also having some hard evidence that anything was there. Nearly two years later that hard evidence has still not surfaced regarding father Biden doing anything wrong based upon what is on that laptop.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I Shrugged wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:30 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:15 pm
I Shrugged wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:36 pm
Well, what is on the laptop spells out big time influence peddling by Hunter, with a cut going to Joe. Maybe this will get investigated eventually.

But yeah, it’s just Russian disinformation, nothing to see here. Move along.

As much as I dislike Joe Biden .... he and his son are two different people.

Has anything been proven that he did this with his father's knowledge? If not, then how should it affect how someone evaluates his father?

It will take investigations to prove it. But on the surface the email evidence looks damning. If you haven't looked at it all, there isn't much use in me trying to tell you about it, really. Not trying to be mean, just that if you are interested, the laptop info is out there for review.

I did start looking into it but the extremely extensive Wikipedia article I was reading but it was far too long for my interest to read it all.

The article was extremely well documented. I find it far more convincing than all the right wing media outlets with their slants and positions not based upon evidence.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

I Shrugged wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:31 pm
And that goes to the point of what the FBI and the useful ex-CIA leaders and the media and Big Tech accomplished before the election, if someone as well read as Vinny doesn't really have much of an idea of what was on the laptop.

Thanks the compliment. Certainly well read on certain topics. But quite ignorant regarding certain other topics.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:59 am

Getting back to his laptop. If we stipulate that it was .... what was found on it that proved anything that should have changed anyone's votes?

There have been several recent polls conducted that indicated that quite a few voters would not have cast their vote for Biden if they knew about the laptop, specifically that Joe was possibly receiving kickbacks from Hunter.

Is that how you want people making votes? On the basis of unproven allegations? If it was so true why did the Trump campaign sit on their knowledge of it for weeks? You don't believe that if it were true evidence they would have got the information out sooner?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:59 pm
I read the wikipedia article thinking there might be something new. Given the uncertainty in that article there is nothing that would have changed votes, especially in the face of the blatant corruption of the Trump family.

If no, you are either brainwashed or lying. If yes, why don't you talk about that like you talk about Trump?

The Biden family is definitely correct. But let's put it this way. They are minor leaguers while the Trump family is first ballot Major League Hall of Fame! They set the standard for corruption and self-dealing!
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:08 pm
joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:59 pm

In Hunter Biden's world, of course. Widely acknowledged....but he's not part of the Administration.

In Mr. Joe Biden himself? Nothing I've heard of. I mean, I'd be shocked if we didn't find Pelosi shenanigans if you scratch beneath the surface, but that's par for the course for career DC politicians on all sides.. Trump himself was far worse with his use of hotels and the blatant nepotism to his children and son-in-law.

If you want to indulge in conspiracy theory (as you hinted at in a previous post with the death of Biden's first wife) I'll let you stew in that filth on your own.

1. Perhaps Biden has not crossed the line while president but I believe he did while Senator.
2. Biden was despicable in describing the death of his first wife as the result of a drunken driver killing her. Far from the truth. From what I am remembering it might have been his wife who was either impaired or who was 100% responsible in some way for that accident.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:11 pm 1. Perhaps Biden has not crossed the line while president but I believe he did while Senator.
Worse than the Pelosi line or the Trump line? I'd be shocked if he hadn't crossed Pelosi one, and quite shocked if he did came even close to the Trump mark.
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:11 pm 2. Biden was despicable in describing the death of his first wife as the result of a drunken driver killing her. Far from the truth. From what I am remembering it might have been his wife who was either impaired or who was 100% responsible in some way for that accident.
Interesting. I always just heard of his wife being killed in an accident without blame being pushed one way or the other. It is quite despicable to blame another driver if it was her fault...I guess slightly in Biden's favor at least he apologized and didn't seem to repeat line in the 2020 campaign?

Look, I don't love the dude, but I still fail to see how anyone can say his foibles (outside of policy disagreements) could come close to Trump's. Even though there are plenty of people who still voted for Trump, I still I can't fathom how Hunter's laptop (even given what we know now) would have swung the election.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

Everything you say may be true, but this:
joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pmI still I can't fathom how Hunter's laptop (even given what we know now) would have swung the election.
doesn't really make sense. The election (similar to 2016's) was a knife's edge, swinging on tiny margins in a few key states. It wouldn't have taken much to change the outcome.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:11 pm
1. Perhaps Biden has not crossed the line while president but I believe he did while Senator.

Worse than the Pelosi line or the Trump line? I'd be shocked if he hadn't crossed Pelosi one, and quite shocked if he did came even close to the Trump mark.

vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:11 pm
2. Biden was despicable in describing the death of his first wife as the result of a drunken driver killing her. Far from the truth. From what I am remembering it might have been his wife who was either impaired or who was 100% responsible in some way for that accident.

Interesting. I always just heard of his wife being killed in an accident without blame being pushed one way or the other. It is quite despicable to blame another driver if it was her fault...I guess slightly in Biden's favor at least he apologized and didn't seem to repeat line in the 2020 campaign?

Look, I don't love the dude, but I still fail to see how anyone can say his foibles (outside of policy disagreements) could come close to Trump's. Even though there are plenty of people who still voted for Trump, I still I can't fathom how Hunter's laptop (even given what we know now) would have swung the election.

He's probably in Pelosi territory or worse. But not close to the Trump mark. Trump is Sui Generis.

That is why the protests of the FBI seizing his documents as being unprecedented are meaningless. The reason why they had been unprecedented is because the country had never had a president as brazen as Trump.

Biden FINALLY apologized ... the same way he FINALLY apologized to Anita Hill. Way, way, way too late to be a meaningful apology. Plus, you have to question someone who so often has to apologize.

Still ... he is not close to Trump. No one is.

Agreed that Trump would have never won. He had his base. On the basis of how he'd performed during his four years ... he certainly did not convert any voters to voting for him. To the contrary he lost many of his voters who voted for him in 2016.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:22 pmAgreed that Trump would have never won. He had his base. On the basis of how he'd performed during his four years ... he certainly did not convert any voters to voting for him. To the contrary he lost many of his voters who voted for him in 2016.
"Poll shows how Trump surged with women and Hispanics":
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/3 ... ers-497199
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Xan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:26 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:22 pmAgreed that Trump would have never won. He had his base. On the basis of how he'd performed during his four years ... he certainly did not convert any voters to voting for him. To the contrary he lost many of his voters who voted for him in 2016.

Classic cast of the headline writer not reading the actual article!

"A new analysis from the Pew Research Center shows why: Even as Trump was narrowing Democrats’ margins with white women and Hispanic voters, Biden was surging with other groups, like suburbanites, white men and voters who identified as independents, that propelled him to victory."

He only "narrowed" with the "white" women and Hispanic voters. Biden was the one that "surged".
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan »

vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:30 pm

"A new analysis from the Pew Research Center shows why: Even as Trump was narrowing Democrats’ margins with white women and Hispanic voters, Biden was surging with other groups, like suburbanites, white men and voters who identified as independents, that propelled him to victory."

He only "narrowed" with the "white" women and Hispanic voters. Biden was the one that "surged".
But you said he didn't gain anybody, only lost people.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:22 pm Biden FINALLY apologized ... the same way he FINALLY apologized to Anita Hill. Way, way, way too late to be a meaningful apology. Plus, you have to question someone who so often has to apologize.
Of course. A man that runs his mouth so wantonly should not be president...except that his opponent was a completely unapologetic liar.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Trump didnt create and encourage the hysteria that caused this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxawPNeN8

Forced to vote Red until the Left repents.

edit1: FBI not sposda be influencing elections https://twitter.com/itsmercadante/statu ... 7905600512

Laptop stuff is on 4chan. Hunter gets 50k/mo from a Ukrainian oil company in exchange for access. Among other things. Doesn't bother me. Not even the war. Single issue voter.

edit2: Fake news? https://www.independent.co.uk/independe ... 56823.html
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 pmI still I can't fathom how Hunter's laptop (even given what we know now) would have swung the election.
I only wish it had been a Palm Pilot. Then we’d have more posts from Cortopassi.
🍍
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Xan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:44 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:30 pm

But you said he didn't gain anybody, only lost people.

Yes. Both candidates got more votes than they / their parties got for presidential candidates in 2016. But, obviously, proportionately he was down.

Impossible to know but of those who voted in 2016 what was their proportional breakdown in 2020?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

joypog wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:45 pm
vnatale wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:22 pm
Biden FINALLY apologized ... the same way he FINALLY apologized to Anita Hill. Way, way, way too late to be a meaningful apology. Plus, you have to question someone who so often has to apologize.

Of course. A man that runs his mouth so wantonly should not be president...except that his opponent was a completely unapologetic liar.

It was truly a terrible choice which led me to vote for neither.

First time since I started voting in 1972 that I did NOT vote for the Democratic candidate. That is how deeply I detest Biden. For 30+ years now. Took most other people a lot longer to catch on to him.

I caught on to him quite quickly during Clarence Thomas hearings the cowardly way he handled them. Also, during those same hearings he revealed himself to be a Neanderthal male in regards to how he viewed women.

He got on and has remained on my bad list since.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

boglerdude wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:03 pm
Trump didnt create and encourage the hysteria that caused this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxawPNeN8

Forced to vote Red until the Left repents.

edit1: FBI not sposda be influencing elections https://twitter.com/itsmercadante/statu ... 7905600512

Laptop stuff is on 4chan. Hunter gets 50k/mo from a Ukrainian oil company in exchange for access. Among other things. Doesn't bother me. Not even the war. Single issue voter.

edit2: Fake news? https://www.independent.co.uk/independe ... 56823.html

Don't see a relevancy here with the You Tube video.

The FBI was NOT influencing elections with this: "Mark Zuckerberg tells Joe Rogan that the FBI reached out to Facebook to put them on notice that the Hunter Biden’s laptop story was similar to the previous Russian Propaganda and to be on high alert #joerogan #MarkZuckerberg #JRE" Seems to me that they were acting appropriately.

Don't know what the Independent story has to do with Trump or any politics in our country.
joypog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by joypog »

dualstow wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:41 am
I only wish it had been a Palm Pilot. Then we’d have more posts from Cortopassi.
Cortopassi rocks a pilot?! I like him more already. How do we get him posting more actively...beyond creating bot accounts?
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg »

Here's two good maps look at them side by side...let their import sink in (and I'll spell it out)

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/ ... /president

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ident.html

Crazies and politicos nominate, you win by winning the swing vote in a few states. Hillary lost the middle, Trump lost the middle and that's why their opponents won.

It could have been close in the electoral college vote, it was not at all close in the popular vote.

The states that could have made a difference have all been highly scrutinized.

Woulda coulda shoulda, the man lost fair and square. The Ds played it smart and nominated someone who was not in THEIR crazy camp.

P.S. Since the 1980s it is much more difficult for any R presidential nominee to win than a D for the simple fact of a gigantic state on the west coast with a buttload of electoral votes that are non-competitive. It's an uphill climb from day 1.