US Constitution - Originalism vs. Living Constitutionalism

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: US Constitution - Originalism vs. Living Constitutionalism

Post by vnatale » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 pm

boglerdude wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:04 pm

yeah. Vinny lives under house arrest anyway, he'd be fine with NY and CA having the power to extend the "emergency" forever and nationwide.

It'd be preferable if you spoke for yourself and not make, perhaps, ignorant assumptions of others.

I write enough here so all are perfectly capable of making whatever assessments they want of me without getting a characterization of me from you that may wildly miss the mark.

But you can, of course, write whatever you desire.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Kbg
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Kbg » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Xan wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:57 pm
Isn't that exactly what was intended when they designed it?
Yes they did...back in the day they specifically made sure Boston, NY and Philly would not run the country due to out populating everyone else...and that's why we have a house which is based on population and a senate which is not.
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:41 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 pm
You do live in Texas. Why should you only get 2/7 the representation of someone in Wyoming?
I'm pretty dubious about the exact numbers, but the reason is that the small states needed to buy in too, and they wouldn't have without this compromise. Without this compromise, we wouldn't have this whole country in the first place.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:32 am

Xan wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:41 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 pm
You do live in Texas. Why should you only get 2/7 the representation of someone in Wyoming?

I'm pretty dubious about the exact numbers, but the reason is that the small states needed to buy in too, and they wouldn't have without this compromise. Without this compromise, we wouldn't have this whole country in the first place.

Same for why slavery was allowed?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."