SCOTUS says NY must issue carry permits

I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

SCOTUS says NY must issue carry permits

Post by I Shrugged » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:30 pm

I’m sure people are freaking out.
Illinois had to do this a few years ago. Hands were wrung. Gun crime would skyrocket. The children! Etc. Hundreds of thousands of carry permits were issued. Nothing bad happened with regards to permitted carriers. I mean nothing.

It’s not as if criminals and crazies have been waiting for permits.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: SCOTUS says NY must issue carry permits

Post by boglerdude » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:27 pm

laser.jpg
laser.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Red-flag-laws-and-leftist-narratives.jpg
Red-flag-laws-and-leftist-narratives.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Attachments
bee.jpg
bee.jpg (61.15 KiB) Viewed 730 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am

Realistic question on concealed guns.

On this morning's Washington Journal a woman was on who said that every women who wanted to have a concealed gun should be able to do so.

Assume everyone took her advice.

So when we have our softball games all the women have their guns with them. They are obviously not going to take them with them when they are on the field. That means that they'd have to leave them in whatever bags they bring to the field to hold their other equipment.

Meanwhile we will oftentimes have these punk middle school kids watching out games (when we are playing at the middle school field).

How are those guns secure from any of those kids getting at them when there is not one at that team's bench area because the entire team is in the field?

Just trying to get a grasp on the realities of all this concealed gun advocacy.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:11 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am

On this morning's Washington Journal a woman was on who said that every women who wanted to have a concealed gun should be able to do so.

So when we have our softball games all the women have their guns with them. They are obviously not going to take them with them when they are on the field. That means that they'd have to leave them in whatever bags they bring to the field to hold their other equipment.

Meanwhile we will oftentimes have these punk middle school kids watching out games (when we are playing at the middle school field).

How are those guns secure from any of those kids getting at them when there is not one at that team's bench area because the entire team is in the field?

I have a permit but don’t carry. One reason is the logistics such as your example. A much more common problem is all of the prohibited places. You have to lock the gun in your car before going into one. And there are many. Or if you are walking and about to board public transport or enter a prohibited place, you somehow somewhere have to unload and put the gun into a bag or case or container in a specific way. And you’re still not entering a government building, right? These are ways the US and states try to inhibit the carrying. Remember, in most states, you’ve passed a background check and have passed some training.

If I lived and traveled in dangerous areas, I’d carry. To me the right to carry is most valuable to inner city residents.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:44 am

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:11 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am

I have a permit but don’t carry. One reason is the logistics such as your example. A much more common problem is all of the prohibited places. You have to lock the gun in your car before going into one. And there are many. Or if you are walking and about to board public transport or enter a prohibited place, you somehow somewhere have to unload and put the gun into a bag or case or container in a specific way. And you’re still not entering a government building, right? These are ways the US and states try to inhibit the carrying. Remember, in most states, you’ve passed a background check and have passed some training.

If I lived and traveled in dangerous areas, I’d carry. To me the right to carry is most valuable to inner city residents.

Thanks. I knew none of the above so all new to me.

This woman was making the case that she as a woman at 5' 3" would otherwise have no chance against a 6' (or taller) male assailant. Therefore she was pro ALL women carrying a gun at any times when the foregoing could be a possibility. That'd be beyond just being confined or mainly for inner city residents. An attack on a woman by a male can happen anywhere.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."