Kyle Rittenhouse

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Kyle Rittenhouse

Post by dualstow » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:30 pm

I was going to put this in the youtube junkie thread, and then i remembered that this subforum existed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/2ALiberals/com ... &context=3
RIP Marcello Gandini
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse

Post by whatchamacallit » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:42 pm

dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:55 am

O0
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:15 pm

ACQUITTED
on all counts

Added: Not that my opinion matters, but I think the jurors did a good job, and justice was served. Kyle is a free man tonight. I am happy for him.
RIP Marcello Gandini
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:15 pm
ACQUITTED
on all counts

Added: Not that my opinion matters, but I think the jurors did a good job, and justice was served. Kyle is a free man tonight. I am happy for him.
I'm surprised. I was expecting a hung jury since they were deliberating so long.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Twitter abounds with people threatening violence toward him. Why do I get the feeling they don’t understand the case, or care to?
RIP Marcello Gandini
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:17 pm

dualstow wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Twitter abounds with people threatening violence toward him. Why do I get the feeling they don’t understand the case, or care to?
Great example of living in the subjective feelings vs. the objective facts. YMMV
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:08 pm

dualstow wrote:
What the media reported before and during the trial is vastly different from what came out at trial. All of the leftists believe he was a white supremacist who sought out protesters to kill.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:19 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:08 pm
dualstow wrote:
What the media reported before and during the trial is vastly different from what came out at trial. All of the leftists believe he was a white supremacist who sought out protesters to kill.
Glenn Greenwald was on talking about the media in Brazil where he lives and he reported that right up until the day of the verdict it was commonly being reported that the three people who were shot were black. Same thing in some other countries too.

I guess if all you heard was that a white supremacist shot three people during a riot protesting the police shooting of a black person, you would just assume they were all black if nobody told you different.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:28 pm

Crazy. I guess those who wouldn’t find a clue in the names Rosenbaum and Grosskreutz that the victims bullet recipients are probably not people of color, (If they were African American, they would have been named Redtree and BigCross), are the same folks who would not seek out multiple and perhaps international news sources.
RIP Marcello Gandini
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:26 pm

dualstow wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:28 pm
Crazy. I guess those who wouldn’t find a clue in the names Rosenbaum and Grosskreutz that the victims bullet recipients are probably not people of color, (If they were African American, they would have been named Redtree and BigCross), are the same folks who would not seek out multiple and perhaps international news sources.
I find it really strange that there is so much world-wide interest about "racial justice" trials and tribulations going on in the U.S.A. I remember reading about riots in Australia in response to the Saint George Floyd thing (or were they actually real peaceful protests - I don't remember clearly) but I can't recall any prominent stories in the news about trials in other countries.

Is the U.S.A. really that important or is it just the world-wide reach of propoganda from the American leftist media at play?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

pp4me wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:26 pm
I find it really strange that there is so much world-wide interest about "racial justice" trials and tribulations going on in the U.S.A. I remember reading about riots in Australia in response to the Saint George Floyd thing (or were they actually real peaceful protests - I don't remember clearly) but I can't recall any prominent stories in the news about trials in other countries.

Is the U.S.A. really that important or is it just the world-wide reach of propoganda from the American leftist media at play?
Certainly, there have been racial justice protests in the UK and other nations.
Trials: I can’t think of any big ones. Like, the murder of an older Jewish woman by a Muslim in France, who was acquitted because he was under the influence of cannabis at the time. There was a march and a Jewish judge resigned in protest. I only know about it because i’m tuned into that kind of thing when I feel like pulling teeth.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56929040

Perhaps most of the international protests have been more about socioeconomic equity for POC.
RIP Marcello Gandini
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:33 pm

From the Newweek website....
Wisconsin Newspaper Blasts Kyle Rittenhouse Not Guilty Verdict: He 'Is No Hero'
Did the jury declare him a hero or did they just say he was not guilty of the crimes he was charged with?
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by murphy_p_t » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:19 pm

Unfortunately not, as far as I'm aware.

But in my opinion, he does deserve a ticker tape parade.

He did more to preserve law and order in this country in 2020 than any other individual. That includes Trump, Judas pence, 50 state governors, fbi, state militias, police, sheriff's, etc. Every single entity with responsibility to preserve and protect people and property totally failed in 2020. Is slightly pudgy teenager did what everyone else failed to do, who's responsibility it was.
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:42 pm

> Is the U.S.A. really that important or is it just the world-wide reach of propoganda

Both. The trial was about your right to defend yourself from the Left's goons. Red states are the only ones pushing back against collectivism/communism. Trying to be optimistic, maybe the people who value freedom will move escape to the US.

https://old.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepti ... h_cancels/
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:49 am

CA gov and NY mayor condemn the acquittal. They followed the trial, this isn't ignorance.

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/ ... 6952551425

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1461761720939167745
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:35 am

boglerdude wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:42 pm

Both. The trial was about your right to defend yourself from the Left's goons.
I would like to think the trial was about the facts of the case and nothing else. People have accused the judge of bias. Maybe that’s in your subsequent post which I have not yet read.
I think self defense was evident even without the prosecution’s inept bumbling. This is not about a cause or a political slant, but now that the trial’s over, if people have a problem they can work to change the law.
RIP Marcello Gandini
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:54 am

MangoMan wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 am
dualstow wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:35 am
People have accused the judge of bias.
::)
The people who are accusing the judge of bias are the same liars that have been feeding the public misinformation about the actual case. :o
Absolutely
RIP Marcello Gandini
sweetbthescrivener

Post by sweetbthescrivener » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am

One of my favorite things about this forum is that there aren't 60 pages of Rittenhouse.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 pm

sweetbthescrivener wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am
One of my favorite things about this forum is that there aren't 60 pages of Rittenhouse.
Yes, but "Figuring Out Religion" has 173 pages as it appears on the Active Topics screen today. COVID has 212 and counting if you count both the General Discussion and the one about the vaccine. They have mercifully been relegated to the back pages now but I suspect topics on the subject of Donald Trump had even more pages.

But back on topic, could race relations in America get any worse than they are right now? Coming of age during the civil rights movement in the 60's, of which I was a big supporter, it seemed like we were on the right track at the time. Never thought we'd be where we are right now. I mostly blame politicians, the media, and what they called "communist agitators" back in the day. The latter seems like a more apt and accurate description of some of them today than it was back then.

On the other side of the spectrum however, it's all the fault of "white people", the scum of the earth and offscouring of all things.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 pm

pp4me wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 pm

But back on topic, could race relations in America get any worse than they are right now?
I suppose they could get worse, because the left actually believes that white people, especially males, are deplorable. They've made that very clear every day for several years.

BTW I watched a Nomad Capitalist video on "where can you move to avoid wokeness?" The answers were basically Eastern Europe, South American, and Muslim countries (he likes Malaysia).
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 pm
pp4me wrote:

But back on topic, could race relations in America get any worse than they are right now?
I suppose they could get worse, because the left actually believes that white people, especially males, are deplorable. They've made that very clear every day for several years.

BTW I watched a Nomad Capitalist video on "where can you move to avoid wokeness?" The answers were basically Eastern Europe, South American, and Muslim countries (he likes Malaysia).
I'm actually amazed at how CNN and MSNBC tolerates the most vile racist anit-white rhetoric. Never seen anything like it before. It doesn't bode well.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 pm

pp4me wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 pm
pp4me wrote:

I'm actually amazed at how CNN and MSNBC tolerates the most vile racist anit-white rhetoric. Never seen anything like it before. It doesn't bode well.
It’s all about eyeballs.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Might be the dumbest article I've read about the Rittenhouse trial because it was written by someone who is supposedly a "law professor".

Five reasons why the Rittenhouse verdict violated the standards of self defense.

https://theconversation.com/rittenhouse ... nse-171908
First, the use of force must be proportionate to the force employed by the aggressor. If the aggressor lightly punches the victim in the arm, for example, the victim cannot use deadly force in response. It’s not proportional.
I don't know about you but I saw more than a punch in the arm in the videos.
Second, the use of self-defense is limited to imminent harm. The threat by the aggressor must be immediate. For instance, a person who is assaulted cannot leave the scene, plan revenge later and conduct vigilante justice by killing the initial aggressor.
The threat looked pretty damn immediate to me and why wouldn't someone leave the scene as fast as possible if the threat still existed? And did they claim in the trial that Rittenhouse planned revenge later and then conducted vigilante justice by killing the initial aggressor?
Third, the person’s assessment of whether he is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury must be reasonable, meaning that a supposed “reasonable person” would consider the threat to be sufficiently dangerous to put him in fear of death or serious bodily injury. A person’s own subjective view of this fear is not enough to satisfy the standard for self-defense.
Looked pretty damn dangerous and imminent to me. Especially when somebody tries to take your gun away.
Fourth, the law does not permit a first aggressor to benefit from a self-defense justification. Only those with “clean hands” can benefit from this justification and avoid criminal liability.
Objection your honor. Assuming facts not in evidence. Where is the video that shows Rittenhouse to be the "first aggressor"?
Finally, a person has a duty to retreat before using deadly force, as long as it can be done safely. This reaffirms the law’s belief in the sanctity of human life and ensures that deadly force is an option of last resort.
Sure looked to me like Rittenhouse was in full retreat mode when he was attacked.
drumminj
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by drumminj » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:15 am

Third, the person’s assessment of whether he is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury must be reasonable, meaning that a supposed “reasonable person” would consider the threat to be sufficiently dangerous to put him in fear of death or serious bodily injury. A person’s own subjective view of this fear is not enough to satisfy the standard for self-defense.
I believe this is untrue with regards to Rittenhouse. IIRC, the "headline" charges had a standard of subjective assessment, and the lesser includeds had "reasonable person" threshold (two different), and this was one of the items debated when they were nailing down the jury instructions
Finally, a person has a duty to retreat before using deadly force, as long as it can be done safely. This reaffirms the law’s belief in the sanctity of human life and ensures that deadly force is an option of last resort.
I believe this to be false as well. Kyle did not have a duty to retreat/this is not a thing in WI's self-defense law, unless Kyle had legally "provoked" the attack (and "provoke" as a very clear legal definition here different than the common thinking).

Lots of false info out there easily debunked if one watched the trial.

Edit: spelling
Last edited by drumminj on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.