Which of six do you belong to?

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Which of six do you belong to?

Post by vnatale » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:57 am

First read this in a daily baseball newsletter.

What if America had six political parties?
America has two political parties. In reality, though, those political parties are more like umbrella organizations which house people who, in other countries, would be members of two, three, or maybe four distinct parties. It’s just sort of how our system rolls.

It doesn’t have to roll that way, of course. We could, at least theoretically, have multiple smaller parties, working in coalitions with one another. I’m not sure if that would actually work in practice. Indeed, I’m kind of dubious that it would given the way the established parties have entrenched their power and would fight against any effort of offshoot parties of any consequence to form. But at least as far as ideology goes, it makes a lot of sense.

Which party would you be in? That’s what this quiz from political scientist Lee Drutman seeks to determine. It’s 20 questions. They’re pretty straightforward. You’ll be shocked to learn that I would be in the Progressive Party. Where are you?

So I went there to take the test: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... rties.html

Here are my results:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (48.81 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Which of six do you belong to?

Post by whatchamacallit » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Does it let you make a poll?

Closest to Patriot party here.

Kind of surprised it said I was socially conservative. I leaned heavily on side of freedom in answers.

I guess freedom instead of tyranny is considered socially conservative these days.