Do Dems want a race war?

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Do Dems want a race war?

Post by pp4me » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:55 pm

As Tucker Carlson likes to say, that's a serious question.

Before accusing me of being hyperbolic listen to Biden's press conference last night in which he said that the Republicans recent moves to change voter ID laws is the worse threat to our Democracy since the Civil War, way worse than the Jim Crow laws. During the Obama/Romney campaign I believe he said to black voters that Romney "wants to put y'all back in chains".

Say what you will about Trump and I do think some of his rhetoric was over the top but I have never heard a president speak like this idiot before.
murphy_p_t
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Do Dems want a race war?

Post by murphy_p_t » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:44 pm

The claims here are closely related

https://www.henrymakow.com/2021/07/how- ... lacks.html
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Do Dems want a race war? Oh hell yeah.

For decades, the dems viewed minorities as a permanent underclass that could always be counted upon to sell their vote for the promise of a welfare check. Now they're viewed as the instrumentality by which civil society will once and for all be broken and government can finally come in with an authoritarian "solution."
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 am

Maddy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 pm
Do Dems want a race war? Oh hell yeah.

For decades, the dems viewed minorities as a permanent underclass that could always be counted upon to sell their vote for the promise of a welfare check. Now they're viewed as the instrumentality by which civil society will once and for all be broken and government can finally come in with an authoritarian "solution."
Just want to highlight this excellent summary by Maddy. Which is not based on questionable news sites....I do agree with what MangoMan said, also. Murphy you really are a bit over the top with this stuff. And it tends to detract from more well-founded discussion along the lines of things you probably do agree with.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 am

pp4me wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:55 pm
As Tucker Carlson likes to say, that's a serious question.

Before accusing me of being hyperbolic listen to Biden's press conference last night in which he said that the Republicans recent moves to change voter ID laws is the worse threat to our Democracy since the Civil War, way worse than the Jim Crow laws. During the Obama/Romney campaign I believe he said to black voters that Romney "wants to put y'all back in chains".

Say what you will about Trump and I do think some of his rhetoric was over the top but I have never heard a president speak like this idiot before.
They want change - AKA power - Dems will say anything to get more of it.

Other than the "worse than" rhetoric what facts have been presented to support that voter ID is racist?

If having to present a valid ID is racist wouldn't that make all the below racist as well - I am sure I left somethings out
- opening a bank account
- getting married
- applying for a loan of any kind
- getting a cell phone plan
- applying for a credit card
- joining the military
- applying for a job
- Buying alcohol
- entering an over 21 night club
- buying tobacco
- applying for Government aid
- apply for a drivers permit
- Air travel
Benko
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Benko » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:39 pm

GT wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 am
They want change - AKA power - Dems will say anything to get more of it.
and more ominously, it seems, do at least almost anything.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:00 pm

This is part of the reason why I think the voter fraud claims are so believable. If you can convince people that the Republicans are the worse threat to Democracy since the civil war, then why wouldn't they commit voter fraud as their civic duty to save democracy? Same thing with all the Democrat ads that kept interrupting my Youtubes in the last weeks of the campaign using Nazi and Klu Klux Klan imagery. If you truly believed those ads then committing voter fraud would be the right thing to do.

It's been the strategy of Dems to paint Republicans as evil as far as I can remember but I've never seen anybody so over-the-top as Biden. What a piece of work.

And they accused Trump of provoking violence!
Xan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Xan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:06 pm

pp4me wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:00 pm
This is part of the reason why I think the voter fraud claims are so believable. If you can convince people that the Republicans are the worse threat to Democracy since the civil war, then why wouldn't they commit voter fraud as their civic duty to save democracy? Same thing with all the Democrat ads that kept interrupting my Youtubes in the last weeks of the campaign using Nazi and Klu Klux Klan imagery. If you truly believed those ads then committing voter fraud would be the right thing to do.

It's been the strategy of Dems to paint Republicans as evil as far as I can remember but I've never seen anybody so over-the-top as Biden. What a piece of work.
Reminds me of something John McWhorter mentioned in a recent interview, one of his talks with Glenn Loury. I think he said that yeah, some of the rationales for some of the voting rules were iffy from his perspective in terms of whether the intent is to suppress votes. But he also pointed out that it's definitely racist to say that black people are incapable of getting IDs.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:20 pm

pp4me wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:00 pm

And they accused Trump of provoking violence!
The hallmark of liberal or Democrat ummm....."thought", is that "ends justify the means". That is a core belief. Only your intentions matter actually, not even the results. Humans with this mindset reject liberty or freedom because those are not ends themselves.

So yeah, there is no doubt that dems engage in massive fraud and lies around voting. The people committing these acts probably very sincerely believe it's for the greater good and don't think twice about it.

Lots of conservatives or libertarians would probably be ok with it if their side benefited. But it's a fundamental belief for many liberals.