The Afghan Papers

Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Afghan Papers

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:24 pm

Thanks Vinny.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
Jack Jones
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: The Afghan Papers

Post by Jack Jones » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:50 pm

glennds wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:51 pm
I Shrugged wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:44 pm

All of the dumbasses who think the mighty American military can win wars have not been paying attention. They can win wars if the battles are set up like WW2 battlegrounds.
Which will never happen again. The last of the WW2 style battles happened in WW2.

Personally I think the next war will be a cyber war anyway. The conventional military as we know it will be of little use. And the aggressor does not necessarily need to be a nation state, which complicates things even further because there isn't even an obvious place or physical target to attack. "The Perfect Weapon" is a good read on the subject. I think there is a HBO documentary by the same name.
I think this cyber war is going on all the time now. In the age of nuclear weapons, you don't go into outright war w/ your enemies. You instead weaken them over generations. Russia and China know this and operate this way. Viral destructive memes are spread on social media (e.g. TikTok) that weaken our youth, weaken our families.

There is economic war going on as well.

My guess is that our enemies are better at this kind of war and are more motivated to win than we are.