DHS: Easing of CoVid Restrictions Creates Opportunities for Violent Extremists

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

DHS: Easing of CoVid Restrictions Creates Opportunities for Violent Extremists

Post by Maddy »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... xtremists/

A number of times this year, DHS has identified constitutional conservatives as among these "violent extremists." I wonder exactly what "opportunities" these extremists may be preparing to avail themselves of. I imagine going back to church is high on the list for many.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: DHS: Easing of CoVid Restrictions Creates Opportunities for Violent Extremists

Post by Maddy »

You know, what really puzzles me is why there has not been much in the way of litigation over the fact that the public health "emergency" which has supposedly justified the suspension of our civil liberties is in large part pretextual. The Department of Homeland Security has essentially admitted as much right here.

I do recall one case in the news from earlier this year that challenged the basis of the "emergency," but as yet I have not seen any great impetus in that direction. In my younger days, I'd have taken on the whole frigging thing myself. But alas, I no longer have the energy.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: DHS: Easing of CoVid Restrictions Creates Opportunities for Violent Extremists

Post by I Shrugged »

MangoMan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:11 pm I find it amusing (disturbing) that they consider anything right wing to be terroristic, while being completely fine with Antifa torching cities & beating innocent bystanders, and BLM looting stores and destroying property.
I'll try to save you a spot in Texas.
stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by stuper1 »

Even leaving aside things like BLM, look up the crime statistics for black on white crime versus white on black crime and then decide which one is a bigger threat. But you'd never know it from how the media calls it. You'd think there was a white supremacist behind every bush looking for non-white people to butcher.
MarketIfTouched
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by MarketIfTouched »

How many millions did Christians slaughter in the name of Christ during the Crusades? Maybe churches being closed wouldn’t be the worst thing.
"If the Tiber reaches the walls, if the Nile does not rise to the fields, if the sky doesn’t move or the earth does, if there is famine, if there is plague, the cry is at once: 'The Christians to the lion!'”

- Tertullian, Apologeticus, 197 C.E.

Ages before ours were absolutely brutal and ruthless.

I think we can agree Christian Churches have grown and changed, for the better, a million fold since medieval times.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

I saw an article about how NYC police are gearing up in expectation of a long, hot, violent summer. With the warmer weather this past week, the number of violent incidents popping up on my Citizen app has gotten quite alarming. Subway stabbings, murders, armed home break-ins, etc....at least 1 or 2 of these a day in the slummy neighborhoods surrounding mine. Fortunately, my little upscale, out of the way pocket of the city remains crime free.

The cutting of the NYC police budget and disbanding of a special crime unit by our idiotic mayor & council had a lot to do with this, I'm sure. So does the Biden plan to pay people to not work (i.e. you can earn more from unemployment benefits than a low-level job, so who the heck would choose to work?) The upcoming mayoral election will almost certainly decide whether the city will descend into 1970s style chaos, or be pulled back from the brink.
I Shrugged
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by I Shrugged »

sophie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:28 am I saw an article about how NYC police are gearing up in expectation of a long, hot, violent summer. With the warmer weather this past week, the number of violent incidents popping up on my Citizen app has gotten quite alarming. Subway stabbings, murders, armed home break-ins, etc....at least 1 or 2 of these a day in the slummy neighborhoods surrounding mine. Fortunately, my little upscale, out of the way pocket of the city remains crime free.

The cutting of the NYC police budget and disbanding of a special crime unit by our idiotic mayor & council had a lot to do with this, I'm sure. So does the Biden plan to pay people to not work (i.e. you can earn more from unemployment benefits than a low-level job, so who the heck would choose to work?) The upcoming mayoral election will almost certainly decide whether the city will descend into 1970s style chaos, or be pulled back from the brink.
Several big cities now have progressive DA's who are letting hard core criminals off very easy. And crime seems to be on the rise.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

I forgot to mention that contribution of the new bail law. That was Andrew Cuomo's way of giving NYC a huge middle finger, I take it. That law should have been called what it is: a new catch and release policy for criminals of all types, including violent ones.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

sophie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:28 am I saw an article about how NYC police are gearing up in expectation of a long, hot, violent summer. With the warmer weather this past week, the number of violent incidents popping up on my Citizen app has gotten quite alarming. Subway stabbings, murders, armed home break-ins, etc....at least 1 or 2 of these a day in the slummy neighborhoods surrounding mine. Fortunately, my little upscale, out of the way pocket of the city remains crime free.

My bet is on chaos. Get out and come to FL. Leave the city to it's fate. This is democracy in action. Vote with your feet.

In FL I think we can shoot looters now and with full auto.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Crime stats reported by the NYPD form April 2021, compared to April 2020:

Overall: 30.4% increase
Grand larceny: 66% increase
Shooting incidents: 166% increase
Murder: 15.8% increase

Police arrests for gun-related crimes: 3.7% increase. Note the disparity with the increase in shooting incidents.

Crime in April 2020 was already up quite a bit from the prior year due to the bail law, which went into effect January 1, 2020, and de Blasio's dumping of violent criminals from Rikers Island onto the unsuspecting, locked-down public. So this must be mostly the effect of the BLM riots and subsequent vilification and defunding of the police. The police are backing off in other words. I can't hardly blame them.

Interestingly, it looks like the backing-off is highly neighborhood selective. The police aren't bothering with slums, where they would be more likely to encounter a violent black person and end up getting fired, criminally charged etc for doing their job. But they're diligently protecting neighborhoods like mine. I put in a report to 311 again the other night about a loud party in the street at 1 am. As before, the police broke it up and got rid of the micreants within 15 minutes. Awesome for me, but that sucks for minorities who might not enjoy being crime victims any more than I would.
Hal
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Hal »

Come to Victoria in Australia. No shortage of police here ;)

We're becoming famous! => https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2021/0 ... ice-state/
Aussie GoldSmithPP - 25% PMGOLD, 75% VDCO