State of the Union

pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

State of the Union

Post by pp4me » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:59 pm

https://youtu.be/mf_hteNTIrU

No speech yet but I think this illustrates pretty well where America is right now.
MarketIfTouched
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: State of the Union

Post by MarketIfTouched » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Apparently, the President asked voters to consider how he runs up ramps as a reason to vote for him:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1372952924804894731
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Tripping going up steep airplane stairs is so low on my concerns. I actually think he recovered quite well. I can imagine that happening to even a 20 year old.

I feel like this is more of a distraction from the real bad things he is doing. Don't look at the horrible international policies, look at these stairs.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:22 pm

whatchamacallit wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm
Tripping going up steep airplane stairs is so low on my concerns. I actually think he recovered quite well. I can imagine that happening to even a 20 year old.

I feel like this is more of a distraction from the real bad things he is doing. Don't look at the horrible international policies, look at these stairs.
The American public isn't smart enough for the other stuff. Keep pointing out that he can't walk properly or speak.

People voted for this guy even though he's taken bribes from the Chinese and Ukrainians and runs a crime family. Plus all the weird shit his son is up too.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

SomeDude wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:22 pm
whatchamacallit wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

The American public isn't smart enough for the other stuff. Keep pointing out that he can't walk properly or speak.

People voted for this guy even though he's taken bribes from the Chinese and Ukrainians and runs a crime family. Plus all the weird shit his son is up too.
CNN agreed with you on when it was the past President

CNN's Alisyn Camerota on Trump at West Point: "There are some questions this morning about President Trump's health...[M]aybe he just has a hard time going down a gently sloping ramp, but do you see something, possibly neurological that could be throwing off his balance?"

Maybe CNN will update quote to address the new President.

CNN's Alisyn Camerota on Biden's plane boarding: "There are some questions this morning about President Biden's health...[M]aybe he just has a hard time going up stairs, but do you see something, possibly neurological that could be throwing off his balance?"

Nope - CNN - mostly quiet
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:14 am

GT wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

CNN agreed with you on when it was the past President

CNN's Alisyn Camerota on Trump at West Point: "There are some questions this morning about President Trump's health...[M]aybe he just has a hard time going down a gently sloping ramp, but do you see something, possibly neurological that could be throwing off his balance?"

Maybe CNN will update quote to address the new President.

CNN's Alisyn Camerota on Biden's plane boarding: "There are some questions this morning about President Biden's health...[M]aybe he just has a hard time going up stairs, but do you see something, possibly neurological that could be throwing off his balance?"

Nope - CNN - mostly quiet
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Off the topic of politics, when I worked in hospitals, an orthopedist one time told me that ramps are installed everywhere to ostensibly reduce tripping hazards for the elderly. In reality, a ramp is the most destabilizing surface imaginable, because it throws off sense of balance in a person with even the slightest impairment and even some with no impairment. Ever since that lesson, I have wondered how many falls have resulted from ramps that would not have happened if a simple curb or step had remained in place. It's one explanation for why first world EU countries like France, Spain, Greece have much lower incidence of falls than the US despite looking like a tripping disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think it was surprising or unusual for a sedentary man Trump's age to have some difficulty negotiating a ramp. Same for Biden (or Trump) going up steep steps in the wind. If we don't want to see things like this, maybe we need to reconsider how realistic it is to elect elderly leaders and expect superhero vitality.
whatchamacallit
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by whatchamacallit » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Biden tests Army's latest sniper rifle.
https://youtu.be/gZaJvuYRIo4

Who cares if Biden hurts feelings with his manly actions.

Don't take him literally. We need him to be strong and manly to deter our enemies.