Time to Resurrect Posting Limits?

Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Time to Resurrect Posting Limits?

Post by Maddy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:20 am

When, at any given time, more than half of the topics newly posted to Politics consist of nothing more than cut-and-pasted articles of a particular political persuasion--most offering little or no analysis or even comment--you've got a problem. I'd call it abuse with an agenda, but that's just me. Whatever you call it, flooding the subforum in this manner has caused the value and usefulness of the subforum to plummet.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Time to Resurrect Posting Limits?

Post by sophie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:30 am

Maddy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:20 am
When, at any given time, more than half of the topics newly posted to Politics consist of nothing more than cut-and-pasted articles of a particular political persuasion--most offering little or no analysis or even comment--you've got a problem. I'd call it abuse with an agenda, but that's just me. Whatever you call it, flooding the subforum in this manner has caused the value and usefulness of the subforum to plummet.
I agree completely. Please stop posting articles without a thoughtful discussion accompanying them. And to be clear, people on both the liberal and libertarian sides have done this, so it's a non-partisan observation.

If you all wish there can be a "link to interesting articles" thread where such things can be posted - perhaps one per ideology, for clarity. But not new threads every time. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS. You know who you are.