Biden Aims to Tackle Another American Crisis: Race

stuper1
Executive Member
Executive Member

Biden Aims to Tackle Another American Crisis: Race

Post by stuper1 »

The subject line is a current CNN headline.

What stupidity. I suppose the people that write those articles probably believe what they are writing. Is America in a race crisis? Of course not. The only crisis is the one ginned up by the Democrats and media for race-baiting identity-politics virtue signaling. Even Trump, the supposed leader of white supremacists, had black cabinet members and many Jewish (gasp!) close advisers including his son-in-law and actually daughter, who converted. Any actual white supremacist worth his salt would want Trump's head for those actions.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Biden Aims to Tackle Another American Crisis: Race

Post by Tortoise »

Simonjester wrote:
A version of Critical Race Theory was implemented as the core ideology of the German State between 1933 and 1945. In the German version of Critical Race Theory, it was the Jewish race that used their power and privilege to oppress other races, and therefore needed to be legally sanctioned. One can read the scholarship of the Third Reich’s leading institute of racial science, Jena University’s Institute for Heredity and Racial Policy (Institut für menschliche Erbkunde und Rassenpolitik) from the 1930s and simply exchange the term “Whites” in place of “Jews” -- and it reads awfully close to today’s official racial ideology.
One key difference is that Jewish people comprised less than 1% of Germany's population in the early 1930s, making them a very tiny minority, whereas white people currently comprise around 60% of America's population.

Not sure exactly what we can conclude from that. It just seems important.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:57 pm
One key difference is that Jewish people comprised less than 1% of Germany's population in the early 1930s, making them a very tiny minority, whereas white people currently comprise around 60% of America's population.

Not sure exactly what we can conclude from that. It just seems important.

I think that we can safely conclude that the preceding was a FALSE tortured analogy in an attempt to support an agenda?
Simonjester wrote:
-we can conclude that the ideology is (essentially) the same even though the circumstances, population and the people involved are different...
-we know we used to consider it evil, but now that it applies to a larger and "whiter" group, apparently we now know we can dismiss those concerns out of hand without thinking about it at all..
-we know what the ideology resulted in when it came to ascension in the past.
-we don't know how far it will be taken this time
-we don't know that it can be effectively applied to a larger and better armed group.

but do we know that its application in the past has been violent and ruthless in its destruction of lives.
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

An alternative conclusion might be that it's possible for a majority group to be targeted and persecuted if a sizable chunk of the majority group willingly participates in its own persecution.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:55 pm
An alternative conclusion might be that it's possible for a majority group to be targeted and persecuted if a sizable chunk of the majority group willingly participates in its own persecution.

Educate me of the probabilities of that conclusion having validity.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

John Derbyshire calls this crisis mostly a battle between good-whites and bad-whites.

Who are the bad-whites? The good-whites are the ones who get to say.