Does Anyone Actually Like Living In Liberal Politics-Controlled Areas?

GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Does Anyone Actually Like Living In Liberal Politics-Controlled Areas?

Post by GT »

What looks like running from a failed liberal experiments of high taxes, Government red tape, tent cities, get out of jail policies and open boarders is really a seeding expedition to instill liberals values into a new area. Ok - they are totally running from the monster they created.... but the good news is they can seed a new area with "tweaked" liberal policies that will really work this time.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Does Anyone Actually Like Living In Liberal Politics-Controlled Areas?

Post by vnatale »

tomfoolery wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:23 am
Not trying to troll or be inflammatory. Obviously, it would drive me insane to live in a city/state that was controlled and dominated by liberal politicians. Especially during a pandemic.

And people keep "fleeing" California, NJ, NY, and other liberal areas for Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Florida, and other "blue" states. And us alt-right extremist libertarians say it's because of the terrible policies their elected politicians put in place.

But, alas, I'm not trying to crap on liberals in this thread, I've done that enough in other threads. What I want to find out is, does anyone actually enjoy living in liberal-controlled places, for reasons other than jobs and weather? For reasons of their liberal politics?

Because to me it seems like liberals like liberal politics but hate living under them.

For example, all of the liberal places have massively high tax rates. Do liberals living in California, NY, NJ, CT, Mass, enjoy paying higher taxes because of the benefits it brings to their society? When everyone else in the country is paying $2 per gallon of gas and Californians are paying $4 per gallon, do they smile wistfully when paying the bill because of the social and environmental good that the extra taxes fund?

Perhaps you like that it's very difficult to legally get and carry a firearm, because you are afraid of firearms and think it makes you safer. I can understand this one, even though I think the opposite is true, I have a basis of understanding for why you'd like this.

Perhaps you like that every small business has massive regulations on it, such as salon assistants requiring hundreds of hours of training to be legally licensed to shampoo your hair in a salon. Perhaps you're glad to pay the extra $5 per salon trip to cover the added payroll expense to get someone to bother with the hassle of extra training to shampoo hair. Although I wonder why if people were really clamoring for this, that a free market solution wouldn't have arisen, such as some salons offering more expensive service with higher trained shampoo techs, that lack a government license, but have met some private certification.

Perhaps you like that massive regulations exist on your house and any changes to your house require massive bureaucratic processes and permits that are expensive and time consuming. Although I can understand this one as well, because it's similar to how some people like living in HOAs because while they themselves hate following the ridiculous draconian rules, they like that their neighbor can't leave a 87 buick up on bricks on their front lawn for months. I'd never buy a house in an HOA, but I've had conversations with people who hate them but choose to live in them for this reason. So I get this as well.

With the massive exodus of people fleeing liberal states it seems like freedom is more popular, but still many people remain in CA/NJ/NY/etc.

So for people who vote liberal and like liberal policies, do you actually enjoy living under them? And what excuses do you have for why they aren't working and people are leaving?

Perhaps if the selfish rich didn't leave when they acquired their wealth, and didn't pay their fair share in taxes, then the burden wouldn't be shifted to the middle class to pay the bill in the form of higher property, gas, sales, and income taxes.

Perhaps if adjacent states, like Indiana is to Chicago only had reasonable common sense gun control, then guns wouldn't slip over the border to Chicago and cause crime there.

Perhaps if selflish blue states were willing to tax their on average less college-educated populace, then the poor and homeless from those states wouldn't flee across the border to liberal states and cause a drain on those welfare systems, causing tax increases and budget shortfalls.

Leftism always seems to work, "if only..." so feel free to drop your own "if onlys" here, or perhaps you adore California, NJ, NY, etc and want to extoll the virtues of living there.

More later....but in one of the most liberal states in the country it looks like the population for Massachusetts has been fairly stable for decades with a slight upward trend. Don't know how that fits in with all your generalizations.

https://www.macrotrends.net/states/mass ... population

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."