Six hours of paralysis: Inside Trump’s failure to act after a mob stormed the Capitol

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Six hours of paralysis: Inside Trump’s failure to act after a mob stormed the Capitol

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:35 pm

l82start wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 pm

they are posting videos and getting people who were just there (at the protest) canceled, that is the type of videos/doxing that is getting put out. evil
security footage of crime and supporting cell phone footage is a different story, i have no problem with criminals being identified or arrested.
pay attention to the protests that happened this summer and how they were characterized and how none of them were being outed or canceled.
pay attention to how they were doing far far worse damage violence vandalism (robbery rape murder) and they weren't being arrested or identified..
the actions of those people are universal considered revulsive and yet ... crickets...

set yourself up, and do a dystopian "great books" reading marathon, and then take another look at the events that are unfolding... who knows you might see some things through a new lens..

*"hundreds of thousands" i have no idea i just wrote a number..

I just read this in the Rickards book...

"Over eleven thousand protesters and looters were arrested and more than twenty-one died as a direct result of the riots."

That does not seem to support that there were no consequences to their actions.

What was the catalyst for all that happened this summer? Yet another injustice perpetrated upon a black person. That lit the fire. The same way the assassination of the ArchDuke lit the flame that started WW I. Just one incident finally set it off.

What was the incident that led to last week's violence?

The sustained two month work of one person (along with all his usual enables and acquiesce / silence from all the "ends justify the means" crowd). That was on top of his nearly four years of priming his followers by pandering to their worst instincts.

Violence added on to protest is generally not the most effective method to bring about change. Criminal behavior should always be prosecuted.

My lens does is not comprised of the end of the world is near thinking, that it is all one big conspiracy, they are all out to get us, the government is generally ineffectual except that that they have extraordinary powers to control all of it. None of that is in my world view.

Maybe some of it is yours. That will lead you to interpret events differently than myself and to applaud or criticize the reactions of both governments and individual citizens to those events.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Six hours of paralysis: Inside Trump’s failure to act after a mob stormed the Capitol

Post by l82start » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:35 pm

My lens does is not comprised of the end of the world is near thinking, that it is all one big conspiracy, they are all out to get us, the government is generally ineffectual except that that they have extraordinary powers to control all of it. None of that is in my world view.

end of the world thinking and conspiracy theory's is not what dystopian literature is about....
Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 am

l82start wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:29 am

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:35 pm

end of the world thinking and conspiracy theory's is not what dystopian literature is about....

Do you agree with this definition: relating to or denoting an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one.

It's been my experience that that type of thinking is also oftentimes associated with both end of the world thinking and belief in conspiracy theories.

I was also making a position statement of where I stand, wherein I don't embrace any of that type of thinking.

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 am

Do you agree with this definition: relating to or denoting an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one.

It's been my experience that that type of thinking is also oftentimes associated with both end of the world thinking and belief in conspiracy theories.

I was also making a position statement of where I stand, wherein I don't embrace any of that type of thinking.
no, the novels i am recommending are (formerly) fictional accounts of how human nature and ill advised political philosophy lead to an "unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one." i am neither an end of the world'er or a conspiracy theorist. nor do i think understanding the reality's of what a descent into dystopia looks like leads to that kind of thinking... i recommend them as a vaccination against the propaganda, trickery and corruption that leads to believing in and supporting these types of failings of human nature and the ill advised political philosophy's that lead to dystopia..

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:59 am

l82start wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 am

no, the novels i am recommending are (formerly) fictional accounts of how human nature and ill advised political philosophy lead to an "unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one." i am neither an end of the world'er or a conspiracy theorist. nor do i think understanding the reality's of what a descent into dystopia looks like leads to that kind of thinking... i recommend them as a vaccination against the propaganda, trickery and corruption that leads to believing in and supporting these types of failings of human nature and the ill advised political philosophy's that lead to dystopia..

I did read The Mandibles...

And, I believe I've read all the old books you listed. Animal Farm several times.

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:20 pm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SKK358D

COMPLETE LIST OF ANTIFA MEMBERS IN CAPITOL BUILDING RIOT Kindle Edition
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm

l82start wrote:

security footage of crime and supporting cell phone footage is a different story, i have no problem with criminals being identified or arrested.

How does your statement above apply to this? Support or against?

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (18.17 KiB) Viewed 256 times
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by l82start » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:48 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm
l82start wrote:

Vinny

Capture.JPG
in the capitol building is a crime ...
around the capitol is doxing/threatening people who are exercising their legal right to petition the government for redress of grievances. and is tyrannical and evil...

very clear difference .... can you see it?

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:13 pm

l82start wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:48 pm

vnatale wrote:

l82start wrote:

Vinny

Capture.JPG
around the capitol is doxing/threatening people who are exercising their legal right to petition the government for redress of grievances. and is tyrannical and evil...

I see a clear difference between:

A. Protesters obeying set up boundaries / committing no acts of violence

B. Those who pushed aside and attacked police in their quest to get inside the Capitol

Your turn to clarify precisely what you mean by "around the capitol". No crimes unless they were able to successfully make it into the Capitol?

I don't think anyone wants to punish group A. No one is attempting to turn them in. Showing pictures or videos of them would result in a conviction of what? Standing and listening. Maybe shouting some response. No crimes there.

Instead, we are after the real life firefighter who was caught holding a fire extinguisher to use to batter on the police. Any, objections with anyone coming forward with pictures or videos of him doing so while "around the capitol" but not in it?

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:45 pm

l82start wrote:

[/quote]

Specifically asking about these people. Not yet in the Capitol building. Around the Capitol.

Crime or no crime?

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.02 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:45 pm
l82start wrote:

Specifically asking about these people. Not yet in the Capitol building. Around the Capitol.

Crime or no crime?

Vinny

Capture.JPG
[/quote]

Just do a wiki search. That should answer the question. ;)

Another good principle is to ask, what am I going to do with the information? If it is nothing that I can do anything with, don’t waste any time or energy to find out anything more.
The darkness will always war against the light. And the light must always war against the darkness. You either let the darkness overcome you, or you overcome the darkness. The mission: Whatever darkness, compromise, or ungodly thing still exists in your life, no matter how small, today, root it out. There is no middle ground.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 pm

“Whatever one sows, that will he also reap” (Gal. 6:7)

Vinny

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01 ... dency.html

END-TIMES 6:36 P.M.
Trump Is on the Verge of Losing Everything
By Jonathan Chait

At noon on January 20, Trump will be in desperate shape. His business is floundering, his partners are fleeing, his loans are delinquent, prosecutors will be coming after him, and the legal impunity he enjoyed through his office will be gone. He will be walking naked into a cold and friendless world. What appeared to be a brilliant strategy for escaping consequences was merely a tactic for putting them off. The bill is coming due.
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 am

vnatale wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:54 pm
“Whatever one sows, that will he also reap” (Gal. 6:7)

Vinny

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01 ... dency.html

END-TIMES 6:36 P.M.
Trump Is on the Verge of Losing Everything
By Jonathan Chait

At noon on January 20, Trump will be in desperate shape. His business is floundering, his partners are fleeing, his loans are delinquent, prosecutors will be coming after him, and the legal impunity he enjoyed through his office will be gone. He will be walking naked into a cold and friendless world. What appeared to be a brilliant strategy for escaping consequences was merely a tactic for putting them off. The bill is coming due.
Who in the world is Jonathan Chait? I know all the best opinion writers and I have never heard of him. Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read this on Wikipedia:
In February 2016, Chait wrote a piece for New York magazine titled "Liberals Should Support a Trump Republican Nomination," in which he predicted that a Trump presidency would develop similarly to the governorship of Arnold Schwarzenegger in California (who, like Trump, was a celebrity who became a Republican politician without any public service experience).[19] In 2019, The Outline selected this piece as one of the "worst takes of the 2010s", opining that "Chait's immensely confident take [...] is a humiliating crystallization of the wrongheaded thinking that propelled [Trump] to the White House."[20]
He’s obviously not very good at predictions, or even opinions. Disqualified.

::)
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 am

l82start wrote:
vnatale wrote:
l82start wrote:

Vinny

Capture.JPG

Stolen election....massive crime. Allowed in the building by police, not a crime.

I give the jan 6 heroes a pass and Trump should pardon all of them, even the antifa and blm instigators just to show what a nice guy he is.