Breaking News, Politics version

User avatar
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by l82start » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

I Shrugged wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 pm
l82start wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 pm
Washington (CNN) Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has indicated that he believes that impeaching President Donald Trump will make it easier to get rid of the President and Trumpism from the Republican Party, according to a source with knowledge of the matter.


if the republicans purge the "trump supporters" or the "new populism" the republican party is dead nobody outside of bill Kristol's dinner party friends want the neocons back....
That's funny. I think the neocons are living in a fantasy world.

Tulsi Gabbard made the point the other day that a lot of what the GOP did in congress was just for show. The party might die. Something similar will replace it, and maybe something better.
happy to see the republican party die... they are just a "for show" opposition to keep the real uni-party obscured from view... (not that the last 4 years and the sudden turn on trump this week didn't tell the observant that this was the case anyway..)
Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11242
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by dualstow » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:45 pm

It would be nice to see something moderate come along whether slightly left-leaning or right-leaning. Not Q Anon, not AOC, just something sane.
“As a white person of colour, I am extremely concerned about the rise of black whiteness.” — Titania McGrath
pariah — 1610s member of a low caste in S. India; Tamil (Dravidian) “drummer”, as members of the lowest caste played drums at festivals. “social outcast,” 1819.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by SomeDude » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

l82start wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

happy to see the republican party die... they are just a "for show" opposition to keep the real uni-party obscured from view... (not that the last 4 years and the sudden turn on trump this week didn't tell the observant that this was the case anyway..)
The Republicans who turned Judas should get all the patriots political energy directed against them. I'd rather have dems take 100% of public office than see another spineless boot licking disloyal repuke talk about "our values". They act like their voters and dems have some kind of shared values. Still not sure what those are.
User avatar
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 11242
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am
Contact:

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by dualstow » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 am

SomeDude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

The Republicans who turned Judas should get all the patriots political energy directed against them.

You mean like the people who screamed at Lindsey Graham at the airport? They seem like terrible human beings to me, the other side of antifa, and together with antifa they should be deported before they bring hell on earth to regular Americans.
I'd rather have dems take 100% of public office than see another spineless boot licking disloyal repuke talk about "our values". They act like their voters and dems have some kind of shared values. Still not sure what those are.
For starters, how about freedom from harassment, from being shouted at in airports, from having their cars blocked on the streets of Portland. The extreme minority on both sides is ruining life for everyone else.
“As a white person of colour, I am extremely concerned about the rise of black whiteness.” — Titania McGrath
pariah — 1610s member of a low caste in S. India; Tamil (Dravidian) “drummer”, as members of the lowest caste played drums at festivals. “social outcast,” 1819.
User avatar
l82start
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by l82start » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:47 am

Government 2020+ - a BANANA REPUBLIC - if you can keep it

Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence
User avatar
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 4223
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by sophie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 am

Xan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:27 pm
Okay, so we started at 40% who believed there was fraud, now we're down to 33% who believe there was net fraud in the Biden direction. It doesn't say anything about there being sufficient fraud to swing the election, which would be yet a lower number.
Actually, it's 33% who believe that "fraud helped Joe Biden win the election", per SomeDude's post.

I myself originally thought that the fraud that did exist was not much different from what's probably always happened during elections, and was neither systemic nor widespread enough to have altered the election outcome. And, it's certainly believable that there are a lot of people who might have voted Republican except for detesting Trump himself.

I was swayed to think otherwise by the statistical demonstration of 2am vote dumps occurring only in blue cities located in the swing states - and not in any of the blue cities located in uncontested states, backed up by thousands of supporting affidavits. And that nearly all of the dumped ballots cast a vote for Biden but did not vote in any of the downballot races. This is hard to explain except by a nationally organized, systematic plan to overturn the election results. This was described in a very well documented article in American Conservative...sorry don't have time to hunt for it.

However, even if you set aside election fraud, there are plenty of reasons for Trump voters to be angry. The mainstream media are a powerful force that clearly was 100% behind the Democrats, and were not at all subtle about it. This was an in-kind contribution to the Biden campaign that technically could be considered a violation of campaign finance laws. Social media (Twitter, Youtube, Facebook) have also acted against conservative interests, and therefore could also be considered to be in violation.

For example, the Senate is voting to impeach Trump because he inspired some rioters to storm the Capitol building. Fair enough, but why didn't they impeach or at least censure Kamala Harris for doing precisely the same thing to incite BLM riots in Portland and elsewhere? It's because Kamala Harris's statement, while captured on Youtube, was not publicized to the same degree as Trump's. And what about Chuck Schumer's threatening statement regarding Supreme Court justices?

So no, I don't think the anger is going to go away and I stand by my statement that it's well justified. As I said, much depends on the course pursued by Biden's administration in the next couple of years. If he came out and stated that some of Trump's ideas were correct but he's going to implement them in a way that makes sense, plus adding some popularly-supported programs of his own, he'll do much better than if they come out swinging with proposals to pack the Supreme Court, throw open the southern border, and provide free medical care to illegal aliens.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm

dualstow wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 am
SomeDude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

The Republicans who turned Judas should get all the patriots political energy directed against them.

You mean like the people who screamed at Lindsey Graham at the airport? They seem like terrible human beings to me, the other side of antifa, and together with antifa they should be deported before they bring hell on earth to regular Americans.
I'd rather have dems take 100% of public office than see another spineless boot licking disloyal repuke talk about "our values". They act like their voters and dems have some kind of shared values. Still not sure what those are.
For starters, how about freedom from harassment, from being shouted at in airports, from having their cars blocked on the streets of Portland. The extreme minority on both sides is ruining life for everyone else.
I don't see much value in screaming at people at an airport, but all the repukes who sided with the fraud should lose their primaries and general elections.

Shouting at people at an airport isn't likely to achieve any positive results, but it's been the tactic of the left for a long time, as well as threats of harm to politicians and their families. It's basically the Maxine Waters doctrine. And they are running everything now so maybe she is on to something with it.

The lefties do it to their enemies though, not traitors, because lefties never betray their side. They don't care what crimes someone commits or how personally repugnant they are, they only care about loyalty.

These people are yelling at traitors. You basically never see this from the right against the left because for the most part we look at them as misguided children or so utterly evil at the top that what's the point of confronting them? Traitors are way worse than your enemy so the vitriol is understandable.

Ohhh I forgot, Graham and Romney and the rest supported Biden fraudulent coronation because that's our values now.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:53 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm

dualstow wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 am

SomeDude wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm


The Republicans who turned Judas should get all the patriots political energy directed against them.

You mean like the people who screamed at Lindsey Graham at the airport? They seem like terrible human beings to me, the other side of antifa, and together with antifa they should be deported before they bring hell on earth to regular Americans.
I'd rather have dems take 100% of public office than see another spineless boot licking disloyal repuke talk about "our values". They act like their voters and dems have some kind of shared values. Still not sure what those are.

For starters, how about freedom from harassment, from being shouted at in airports, from having their cars blocked on the streets of Portland. The extreme minority on both sides is ruining life for everyone else.


I don't see much value in screaming at people at an airport, but all the repukes who sided with the fraud should lose their primaries and general elections.

Shouting at people at an airport isn't likely to achieve any positive results, but it's been the tactic of the left for a long time, as well as threats of harm to politicians and their families. It's basically the Maxine Waters doctrine. And they are running everything now so maybe she is on to something with it.

The lefties do it to their enemies though, not traitors, because lefties never betray their side. They don't care what crimes someone commits or how personally repugnant they are, they only care about loyalty.

These people are yelling at traitors. You basically never see this from the right against the left because for the most part we look at them as misguided children or so utterly evil at the top that what's the point of confronting them? Traitors are way worse than your enemy so the vitriol is understandable.

Ohhh I forgot, Graham and Romney and the rest supported Biden fraudulent coronation because that's our values now.


Of course you'd never see reprehensible behavior from the sainted right....

Vinny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (85.02 KiB) Viewed 162 times
"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 am

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by SomeDude » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

Thanks for making my point Vinny. This behavior comes from the left towards the right all the time, but I can't recall ever seeing it go the other way. I'm sure it has at some point, but it's probably a 100 to 1 ratio.

The article you linked to or quoted or whatever shows it was "righties" threatening traitors on their own side, like I said was happening. Again this is behavior I've never really seen on the left because they are incredibly loyal. Whereas you have traitor repukes in Congress condemning the righteous indignation of the election fraud protestors, all year long Dem politicians refused to condemn violence from their people (BLM/Antifa/etc.).

I've heard it said, and probably said it myself that the left doesn't have values. It's not true. They value loyalty. it's the only real criteria for being on the team. No matter what you support the team to the bitter end regardless of ANYTHING.
User avatar
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by InsuranceGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm

I just happen to see this in the local news https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/7/2 ... r-sullivan.

A Utah native who supports BLM claimed to be documenting the protest activity but is seen in the recordings “kicking vehicles and threatening drivers” and directing protesters to block intersections.

I'll have to do some more research, but would be an interesting development if there are other people associated with left-wing organizations such as Insurgence USA (antifa) or BLM that incited violence at the capitol.


EDIT: It appears from this tweet https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1349885882262761473 that CNN's Jade Sacker cheered "We did it!" while recording with him.
Last edited by InsuranceGuy on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 5403
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by vnatale » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:08 pm

InsuranceGuy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm

I just happen to see this in the local news https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/7/2 ... r-sullivan.

A Utah native who supports BLM claimed to be documenting the protest activity but is seen in the recordings “kicking vehicles and threatening drivers” and directing protesters to block intersections.

I'll have to do some more research, but would be an interesting development if there are other people associated with left-wing organizations such as Insurgence USA (antifa) or BLM that incited violence at the capitol.


It just continues to amaze me that statements like that are made which can only lead to a few conclusions. Trump supporters are sheep in every way. Not only do they follow his every command but outsiders, unknown to them, can cause them to do things that they'd not otherwise do. Therefore, Trump supporters must be the most gullible, easily led people in the world.

Did you not hear Representative Keven McCarthy, a Trump sycophant of the highest order, himself on the House floor yesterday declare that it was clear that there were no such outsiders involved and that Trump was clearly responsible for what happened? He could not bring himself to actually vote for Impeachment but he was willing to go far enough to vote for a Censure.

"I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats."
User avatar
InsuranceGuy
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Breaking News, Politics version

Post by InsuranceGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:26 pm

vnatale wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:08 pm
InsuranceGuy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm
I just happen to see this in the local news https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/7/2 ... r-sullivan.

A Utah native who supports BLM claimed to be documenting the protest activity but is seen in the recordings “kicking vehicles and threatening drivers” and directing protesters to block intersections.

I'll have to do some more research, but would be an interesting development if there are other people associated with left-wing organizations such as Insurgence USA (antifa) or BLM that incited violence at the capitol.
It just continues to amaze me that statements like that are made which can only lead to a few conclusions. Trump supporters are sheep in every way. Not only do they follow his every command but outsiders, unknown to them, can cause them to do things that they'd not otherwise do. Therefore, Trump supporters must be the most gullible, easily led people in the world.

Did you not hear Representative Keven McCarthy, a Trump sycophant of the highest order, himself on the House floor yesterday declare that it was clear that there were no such outsiders involved and that Trump was clearly responsible for what happened? He could not bring himself to actually vote for Impeachment but he was willing to go far enough to vote for a Censure.
I don't disagree that Trump was reckless in what he said, but utimately the people that stormed the capitol are responsible for their own actions. At some point there has to be some personal responsibility.

Having watched both the capitol and other protests over the past year I don't think only Trump supporters could be classified as sheep. Don't underestimate the power of peer pressure.
Post Reply