Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Ted Cruz and other senators stepping up

Post by doodle » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:02 pm

SomeDude wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am
Xan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am
I've been really impressed lately with Just the News, which attempts to do what it says on the tin: just the news. They seem to do a good job of fairly covering stories.

There's a piece today on just what the election irregularity claims are for the presidential election. I haven't seen a simple summary like this anywhere else, and I don't know why.

Here are some of the voting irregularities that the Just the News election integrity project documented:

1. Wisconsin illegally permitted large numbers of residents to evade voter ID requirements by simply declaring they were "indefinitely confined" at home because of COVID-19. Wisconsin's Supreme Court ruled in December that state officials violated the law when they allowed this mass exemption without getting required legislative approval, putting in doubt as many as 200,000 votes in a state where Biden and President Trump were separated by 200,000.

2. Officials in Fulton County, Georgia, home of the city of Atlanta, prematurely moved data cards from 36 voting machines before voting ended. State officials had advised the county that the cards should be removed just before they reached 10,000 votes, the apparent storage limit for the cards, but county officials admit they removed cards with as few as 3,000 counted votes and locked them in a cabinet. The exact reasons and chain of custody are not fully clear.

3. Jessy Jacob, a career Detroit city employee with three decades of experience, testified both in an affidavit and at a legislative hearing that for weeks leading to Election Day and at least one full day after, she and her fellow election workers were instructed to manipulate and alter ballots and voter rolls, including falsely backdating ballot requests and actual ballots. City officials have not provided evidence to contest her claims.

4. Multiple GOP election observers in states like Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania have testified they were wrongly dismissed on election night or kept from being able to provide bipartisan oversight as has been required and embraced for decades.

5. Wisconsin did not, as required by state law, purge between 100,000 and 200,000 outdated voter registrations from its rolls before the November contest as had been done in prior elections. Litigation concerning this oversight is ongoing.

6. Georgia state officials acknowledged last month they have 250 open cases of alleged voter fraud or irregularities from the 2020 election and rolled in additional state investigators to help.

7. In Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, state election officials allowed county clerks to "cure" or "fix" errant ballots without rejecting them though the state legislatures had not approved such mechanisms. Some counties engaged in "curing" while others did not, fearful such activity was illegal.
Thanks for the link Xan!!!

This is just the tip of the fraud iceberg. Just the tip..............

Google/FB/Youtube etc. have been censoring the evidence anywhere anyone tries to show it or discuss it.

Ohhh wait, since courts have refused to look at the evidence that means there is no evidence lol.
Those are allegations until proven in a court. Why do you think the Trump campaign has had zero success in getting courts to hear any of this? I know SD answer is that it's fraud all the way down, everyone is in on it. But I'm curious about those who don't think our entire system is rigged against one man...why?
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 pm

flyingpylon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:01 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

Xan wrote:

I've been really impressed lately with Just the News, which attempts to do what it says on the tin: just the news. They seem to do a good job of fairly covering stories.

Maybe. Or, maybe not.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/just-the-news/

But who is checking the bias of mediabiasfactcheck.com? What makes them qualified to judge anything? How do we know the site was not just created to make money from advertising revenue? Their "fact checks" of individual stories are just links to the "fact checks" of mainstream media.

I guess that leads us back to the biggest questions of all. "What is truth?" "What is reality?"

Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 pm
flyingpylon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:01 pm
vnatale wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am
Xan wrote:

Maybe. Or, maybe not.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/just-the-news/
But who is checking the bias of mediabiasfactcheck.com? What makes them qualified to judge anything? How do we know the site was not just created to make money from advertising revenue? Their "fact checks" of individual stories are just links to the "fact checks" of mainstream media.
I guess that leads us back to the biggest questions of all. "What is truth?" "What is reality?"
Exactly.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Xan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am

So it's looking like Georgia will likely hand both Senate seats to the Dems. Wow! I would have thought that the divided-government vote would be much stronger. Single-party government elected by a knife's edge is just about the worst thing I can think of in terms of keeping this country together.

This also makes today's certification of the presidential election amazingly high-leverage. Both the presidency and the Senate are on the table. One direction, the Dems get single-party control of the entire govenrment; the other direction, the Reps get both the presidency and the Senate (meaning a clear path for judges, treaties, cabinet, etc).

Assuming Biden takes the presidency (and with it the Senate), Mountaineer's own Joe Manchin could suddenly become one of the very top most powerful people in the country. I would think he would put the brakes on a lot of craziness if he had to. Mountaineer, how likely he goes full Jim Jeffords and caucus with the Republicans? IIRC, Jeffords switched just at the moment that Dashiel would otherwise have lost the majority.

And .... with this .... I propose that we henceforth all need to address Xan by his proper title -----

PROPHET Xan!!!
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:19 pm

Cruz called the people who entered the Capitol "violent terrorists" yesterday and probably ended his career.