Smartest Man in America Is Convinced the U.S. Election Was Stolen

Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Smartest Man in America Is Convinced the U.S. Election Was Stolen

Post by Tortoise »

Not that an IQ of 200 guarantees you’re right about everything, but when the smartest man in America agrees the election was stolen, you might want to start listening.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/the-s ... as-stolen/
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Smartest Man in America Is Convinced the U.S. Election Was Stolen

Post by SomeDude »

I heard the dumbest man in America said the election was fair.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:06 pm Not that an IQ of 200 guarantees you’re right about everything, but when the smartest man in America agrees the election was stolen, you might want to start listening.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/the-s ... as-stolen/
Just the same as we should listen the same to all of the belwo which was believed by a completely brilliant person?

Just as correlation does not then automatically mean causation....genius in one area of life does not necessarily mean genius in other areas of life. It's far more likely that that genius in those certain areas of life by a person may well be accompanied by the deficiency in knowledge or reasoning than the average person in other areas of life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis

Kary Banks Mullis (December 28, 1944 – August 7, 2019) was an American biochemist. In recognition of his invention of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technique, he shared the 1993 Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Michael Smith[4] and was awarded the Japan Prize in the same year. His invention became a central technique in biochemistry and molecular biology, described by The New York Times as "highly original and significant, virtually dividing biology into the two epochs of before PCR and after PCR."[5]

Contrarian scientific views and HIV/AIDS denial
Mullis was quoted saying "the never-ending quest for more grants and staying with established dogmas" has hurt science.[10] He believed that "science is being practiced by people who are dependent on being paid for what they are going to find out," not for what they actually produce.[10] Mullis was described by some[by whom?] as an "impatient and impulsive researcher" who finds routine laboratory work boring and instead thinks about his research while driving and surfing. He came up with the idea of the polymerase chain reaction while driving along a highway.[40]

A New York Times article listed Mullis as one of several scientists who, after success in their area of research, go on to make unfounded, sometimes bizarre statements in other areas.[41] In his 1998 humorous autobiography proclaiming his maverick viewpoint, Mullis expressed disagreement with the scientific evidence supporting climate change and ozone depletion, the evidence that HIV causes AIDS, and asserted his belief in astrology.[18] [42] Mullis claimed climate change and HIV/AIDS theories were promulgated by a conspiracy of environmentalists, government agencies, and scientists attempting to preserve their careers and earn money, rather than scientific evidence.[18] The medical and scientific consensus considers these hypotheses as pseudoscience, HIV having been conclusively proven to be the cause of AIDS[43][44] and global warming strongly shown to be caused by human activities.[45][46][47]

Mullis wrote that he began to question the AIDS consensus while writing a NIH grant progress report and being unable to find a peer-reviewed reference that HIV was the cause of AIDS.[18][48] He published an alternative theory of AIDS in 1994,[49] and questioned the scientific validity of the link between HIV and AIDS, leading some to label him an "AIDS denialist."[50][51] Mullis has been criticized for his association with HIV skeptic Peter Duesberg,[52] claiming that AIDS is an arbitrary diagnosis used when HIV antibodies are found in a patient's blood.[53] In 2006, Mullis wrote the foreword to the book What If Everything You Thought You Knew About AIDS Was Wrong? by Christine Maggiore,[48] an HIV-positive AIDS denialist who, along with her 3-year-old daughter, died of an AIDS-related illness in 2009.[54] According to journalist Coby McDonald, Mullis' HIV skepticism influenced Thabo Mbeki's denialist policymaking throughout his tenure as president of South Africa from 1999 to 2008, contributing to as many as 330,000 unnecessary deaths.[55] An article in the Skeptical Inquirer described Mullis as an "AIDS denialist with scientific credentials [who] has never done any scientific research on HIV or AIDS."[56] However, he consulted for Specialty Labs, in Santa Monica, developing a nucleic acid based HIV test. Seth Kalichman, AIDS researcher and author of Denying AIDS, "[admits] that it seems odd to include a Nobel laureate among the who's who of AIDS pseudoscientists".[57] In 2010, Mullis gave a talk at Google at which he was asked about his controversial views on AIDS and HIV. Mullis said "I'm come to the conclusion... that the thing that causes AIDS is not a species of the retroviridae, it's the whole genus."[58]
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Langan is a 9/11 Truther. His success despite horrible beginnings is impressive, but I can't take him seriously when it comes to theorizing.
I believe it is possible that the election was stolen. Just not because he thinks so.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

dualstow wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:21 am Langan is a 9/11 Truther. His success despite horrible beginnings is impressive, but I can't take him seriously when it comes to theorizing.
I believe it is possible that the election was stolen. Just not because he thinks so.
Agreed that just because the smartest man in America says there was fraud that doesn't make it so. Anything in particular about the election that makes you think fraud might be involved?

The irony here is that if the twin towers and WTC 7 were blown with high explosives, Giuliani would at least have been involved in the cover up.
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

SomeDude wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:25 am Anything in particular about the election that makes you think fraud might be involved?
I have to start by admitting there’s motive. Follow that with varying degrees of tightness of vote-tallying supervision.
It’s not that I see some organized conspiracy out there, but only the possibility: the means and definitely the motive.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

dualstow wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:13 pm
SomeDude wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:25 am Anything in particular about the election that makes you think fraud might be involved?
I have to start by admitting there’s motive. Follow that with varying degrees of tightness of vote-tallying supervision.
It’s not that I see some organized conspiracy out there, but only the possibility: the means and definitely the motive.
Couldn't you say the same about basically any Presidential election in US history?
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

glennds wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:15 pm Couldn't you say the same about basically any Presidential election in US history?
One could always say it, but this is the one time that I really mean it.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

dualstow wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:39 pm
glennds wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:15 pm Couldn't you say the same about basically any Presidential election in US history?
One could always say it, but this is the one time that I really mean it.
Just heard of this earlier today.

Were you aware of this?

If not, does it affect what you now believe regarding possible fraud and the Presidential election?

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offers $1 million reward for evidence of voter fraud

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... tion-voter

I've not seen where anyone has been able to collect on this offered reward.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Fair enough, guys. As I already noted in the OP, the fact that Langan has the highest IQ in America doesn’t mean he’s right about everything. I was mainly pointing out that evidently not all of the people who think the election was stolen are mouth-breathers.

By the way, Vinny, while we’re discrediting smart people due to controversial beliefs they’ve held, I assume you’re aware that Jimmy Carter (a former President that I know you greatly admire) claimed to have had a close encounter with a UFO in 1969, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:44 pm Fair enough, guys. As I already noted in the OP, the fact that Langan has the highest IQ in America doesn’t mean he’s right about everything. I was mainly pointing out that evidently not all of the people who think the election was stolen are mouth-breathers.

By the way, Vinny, while we’re discrediting smart people due to controversial beliefs they’ve held, I assume you’re aware that Jimmy Carter (a former President that I know you greatly admire) claimed to have had a close encounter with a UFO in 1969, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident
I am not sure if I ever prior knew that.

Vinny
dualstow
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by dualstow »

Tortoise wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:44 pm I was mainly pointing out that evidently not all of the people who think the election was stolen are mouth-breathers.
O0 Definitely also true. Not all.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Before you make up your mind one way or the other, you might want to take a squint at this documentary:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/2020-elec ... 17562.html

Yes I know, not a mainstream media site. Of course it wouldn't be. And, it gets a bit conspiracy theory-ish in spots. But, it raises a lot of very good questions that have not been satisfactorily answered.

Get some popcorn (or maybe something stronger), it is 1.5 hours long. Fair warning. And afterwards you have that same unsettled feeling you get after watching something like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre."
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

I'm more convinced by the hedge fund manager with Arsperger's syndrome who was the central character in "The Big Short", both the book and the movie. The man is obviously a statistical genius and he believes it was stolen.

As for me I'm beyond giving a rat's a** about the whole thing any more. The Donald Trump show was fun while it lasted but I'm ready to change the channel. If there is one good thing that came out of it I'm back to not even watching the news any more. Most of my friends who were Trump supporters feel the same way.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

pp4me wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:47 pm As for me I'm beyond giving a rat's a** about the whole thing any more. The Donald Trump show was fun while it lasted but I'm ready to change the channel. If there is one good thing that came out of it I'm back to not even watching the news any more. Most of my friends who were Trump supporters feel the same way.
Yes
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Look around. All my family and my roommate's family hate Trump. And 90% of social media. The majority of people dont want him as president, for better or worse. And all countries and political parties commit as much election tampering as they can.
Mark Leavy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mark Leavy »

boglerdude wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:11 pm Look around. All my family and my roommate's family hate Trump. And 90% of social media. The majority of people dont want him as president, for better or worse. And all countries and political parties commit as much election tampering as they can.
No one I know voted for Nixon.