Trump suddenly becomes Bernie

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Trump suddenly becomes Bernie

Post by SomeDude » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:19 pm

doodle wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:39 pm

It is confusing. We are not headed in the right direction. Maybe we really need to go all-in with the communism and take the punishment and hope we can come out the other end. I really don't want us doing that though.
Once the AI kicks in and guts our workforce we better come up with something creative to save capitalism.

I can see the headlines...communism saves capitalism!
I can definitely see some major publications printing that.
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:30 am
MangoMan wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:18 am
sophie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:14 am
Tortoise wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:54 pm
It’s the mean tweets.
Actually, it's what CNN tells you you're supposed to think about the tweets. And about things in general.

I think the difference between a libertarian and liberal these days is the extent to which you permit mainstream media outlets to dictate your thought patterns. It goes along with a deep desire for an authority/parent figure to tell you what to do. Some people find that comforting, while others instinctively recoil from such a concept. It's interesting to me how well that predicts political opinion.
This is an excellent point. 95+% of the country isn't on Twitter and has no idea what Trump tweets until CNN, NYT, & WaPo tell them.
Yet those three sources you cite reach what % of the country? 10%? Even less? But somehow they have all this outsize power to control the thinking of what percentage of the country? 75%?

That type of thinking defies clear, rational, logical thinking.

Vinny

I think it is the ability for the MSM to echo a CNN talking point. I don't watch CNN but get heavy doses each day via second hand news feeds.

I get pushed CNN via:
- Apple breaking news alerts on my phone
- Yahoo home page when I want to check my email; as a direct headline or a CNN quote via a Yahoo article
- Youtube in the trusted news trending sections; Youtube forces search results to trend MSM news feeds to ensure the public "gets just the facts".
- My local airport

For CNN to be a crappy news network with low direct viewer ratings and "news anchors" that push their feelings over facts, I am exposed to a ton of their "news" daily.

I have tried to "opt out" or "not interested" but CNN always seems to creep back into the news feed
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:03 pm

vnatale wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
sophie wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
It’s the mean tweets.
Actually, it's what CNN tells you you're supposed to think about the tweets. And about things in general.

I think the difference between a libertarian and liberal these days is the extent to which you permit mainstream media outlets to dictate your thought patterns. It goes along with a deep desire for an authority/parent figure to tell you what to do. Some people find that comforting, while others instinctively recoil from such a concept. It's interesting to me how well that predicts political opinion.
This is an excellent point. 95+% of the country isn't on Twitter and has no idea what Trump tweets until CNN, NYT, & WaPo tell them.
Yet those three sources you cite reach what % of the country? 10%? Even less? But somehow they have all this outsize power to control the thinking of what percentage of the country? 75%?

Vinny
based on the legitimate vote counts Vinny, I'd say they control the thinking of just 45% of the country, not 75% lol.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:07 pm

GT wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 pm
vnatale wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
sophie wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
It’s the mean tweets.

Vinny

I think it is the ability for the MSM to echo a CNN talking point. I don't watch CNN but get heavy doses each day via second hand news feeds.

I get pushed CNN via:
- Yahoo home page when I want to check my email; as a direct headline or a CNN quote via a Yahoo article
- Youtube in the trusted news trending sections; Youtube forces search results to trend MSM news feeds to ensure the public "gets just the facts".
- My local airport

For CNN to be a crappy news network with low direct viewer ratings and "news anchors" that push their feelings over facts, I am exposed to a ton of their "news" daily.

I have tried to "opt out" or "not interested" but CNN always seems to creep back into the news feed
I follow what you say. However, what percentage of the population is exposed to any that you name above and 1. pays attention to it. 2. believes it.

I am exposed to none what you describe above. Once a week I do listen to the CNN Sunday news show with Jake Tapper and that is my only direct or indirect exposure to CNN.

I may get some in my Twitter feed. But lately I've not been spending much time there lately but mixed in that feed is a healthy amount of Trump supporter tweets also.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:44 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:07 pm
GT wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:54 pm
vnatale wrote:
MangoMan wrote:
sophie wrote:
Tortoise wrote:
It’s the mean tweets.

Vinny

I get pushed CNN via:
- My local airport

I follow what you say. However, what percentage of the population is exposed to any that you name above and 1. pays attention to it. 2. believes it.

I am exposed to none what you describe above. Once a week I do listen to the CNN Sunday news show with Jake Tapper and that is my only direct or indirect exposure to CNN.

I may get some in my Twitter feed. But lately I've not been spending much time there lately but mixed in that feed is a healthy amount of Trump supporter tweets also.

Vinny
I have no idea on the actual percentage - I would think it would be very high exposer rate as a high percentage of the US has an apple product that gets pushed a CNN breaking news feed - email accounts tied to left leaning platforms with CNN news feeds or quotes (yahoo) and youtube with CNN news feeds or pushed to the top search results. I do not have a Twitter account but I could see CNN news feeds being pushed via that channel as well. The point being look at all the marketing channels a low direct viewer "news" outlet uses to saturates the public with their agenda. - Add in the inability to "opt out"

As far as pays attention or believes - I think the idea is constant bombardment - if you repeat the message / agenda / lie enough... yada yada

Vinny - I can tell you with 100% certainty, if you are only exposed to CNN directly on Sundays with no indirect exposer via any other channel you are in the minority. Well in my mind any way...
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:00 pm

GT wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:44 pm

I have no idea on the actual percentage - I would think it would be very high exposer rate as a high percentage of the US has an apple product that gets pushed a CNN breaking news feed - email accounts tied to left leaning platforms with CNN news feeds or quotes (yahoo) and youtube with CNN news feeds or pushed to the top search results. I do not have a Twitter account but I could see CNN news feeds being pushed via that channel as well. The point being look at all the marketing channels a low direct viewer "news" outlet uses to saturates the public with their agenda. - Add in the inability to "opt out"

As far as pays attention or believes - I think the idea is constant bombardment - if you repeat the message / agenda / lie enough... yada yada

Vinny - I can tell you with 100% certainty, if you are only exposed to CNN directly on Sundays with no indirect exposer via any other channel you are in the minority. Well in my mind any way...
I'd opine that it is an extremely low percentage of the United States population which has an Apple product. Apple certainly sells a ton of products but there overall penetration of the entire population I'd guess is quite small. But someone can easily prove me wrong, if I am.

There are certainly a lot out there and I probably own 15 of them (without actually counting them) but none of them have ever given me any exposure to CNN since that is not how I use any of them.

With my Twitter account I 100% chose what gets put in front of me (just as everyone else does). As I started earlier I get quite a lot from Trump believers. The funny thing that happened was when I found a Trump believer had warned all the other Trump believers to watch out for me because I was some form of "snake" for not being a Trump believer.

If all that bombardment works....what is the secret for why it seems to have no effect on you or anyone else here who is seemingly experiencing that same bombardment?

What is the secret to resisting it? It seems like we have two sets of people here. Everyone (but me) is subject to this continual bombardment. Yet one set of people is immune to it while the other set is 100% susceptible to it. Did the former set somehow acquire "herd immunity" from this otherwise deadly mainstream media disinformation campaign?

For decades now I've listened to conservatives place so much blame on the "Big Bad Mainstream Media". Yet somehow they are able to resist while all who do not believe as they do are seemingly defenseless against this constant barrage?

I've not believed any of that from the start of that accusation and still do not believe it.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 pm

vnatale wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:00 pm
GT wrote:

I'd opine that it is an extremely low percentage of the United States population which has an Apple product. Apple certainly sells a ton of products but there overall penetration of the entire population I'd guess is quite small. But someone can easily prove me wrong, if I am.

There are certainly a lot out there and I probably own 15 of them (without actually counting them) but none of them have ever given me any exposure to CNN since that is not how I use any of them.

With my Twitter account I 100% chose what gets put in front of me (just as everyone else does). As I started earlier I get quite a lot from Trump believers. The funny thing that happened was when I found a Trump believer had warned all the other Trump believers to watch out for me because I was some form of "snake" for not being a Trump believer.

If all that bombardment works....what is the secret for why it seems to have no effect on you or anyone else here who is seemingly experiencing that same bombardment?

What is the secret to resisting it? It seems like we have two sets of people here. Everyone (but me) is subject to this continual bombardment. Yet one set of people is immune to it while the other set is 100% susceptible to it. Did the former set somehow acquire "herd immunity" from this otherwise deadly mainstream media disinformation campaign?

For decades now I've listened to conservatives place so much blame on the "Big Bad Mainstream Media". Yet somehow they are able to resist while all who do not believe as they do are seemingly defenseless against this constant barrage?

I've not believed any of that from the start of that accusation and still do not believe it.

Vinny
Who said it has no effect on me? or the general population ? I am stating the exact opposite - I think it does work.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:55 pm

GT wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
GT wrote:

Vinny
Who said it has no effect on me? or the general population ? I am stating the exact opposite - I think it does work.
Sorry if I miscast you. But I am almost certain I'd repeatedly read from others how those who do not believe as they do believe that wrong way only through the influence of the Big Bad Mainstream Media. And, along with that seems to give the strong impression that they are impervious to this same influence which allows them to always have the correct interpretation of events.

See any discussion topic here regarding Trump or many other political topics. Go back and reread the responses Doodle had received with regularity. Or, watch for it from here on out and see if you do not now also see it.

Vinny

Vinny
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:34 pm

True lefties don't watch CNN; too corporate centrist
GT
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GT » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 am

vnatale wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:55 pm
GT wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 pm
vnatale wrote:
GT wrote:

Vinny
Sorry if I miscast you. But I am almost certain I'd repeatedly read from others how those who do not believe as they do believe that wrong way only through the influence of the Big Bad Mainstream Media. And, along with that seems to give the strong impression that they are impervious to this same influence which allows them to always have the correct interpretation of events.

See any discussion topic here regarding Trump or many other political topics. Go back and reread the responses Doodle had received with regularity. Or, watch for it from here on out and see if you do not now also see it.

Vinny

Vinny
No worries Vinny - I will be on the look out for what you are saying in regards to "the main stream media doesn't effect me" If you can do the same for me - Write down some conservative few points and see if you would feel comfortable discussing them as a pro conservative . You might find like I did that most of the viewpoints have been branded with the "R" word by the mainstream media - Take unsecure/ open borders versus secure / closed borders as an example - see which one gets the most branding as racist by the MSM.