What’s up with Trump lately?

vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: What’s up with Trump lately?

Post by vnatale »

SomeDude wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:29 pm
Ad Orientem wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm Trump reminds me of the neighborhood dog that spent much of its time chasing cars, and in 2016 finally caught one. Getting elected POTUS (which he never expected) has been an unmitigated disaster for his businesses and reputation.
How do you know he didn't expect it? He is a very successful fellow. Those types generally do not expect failure. He has only ever projected confidence so I'm wondering what it is you're seeing that leads you to think he didn't expect to win?

He has the highest approval rating pretty much of any republican president ever. What is the disaster to his reputation? What has changed about his reputation from before to now? He was known as a brash, unapologetic playboy with a penchant for hitting back hard and clearly disliked by the more snowflaky citizens. Has his reputation changed or just be cemented?
1. I just responded how on Election Night he revealed his clear shock at actually winning.

2. I will wait as long as you want me to for you to do your research to let us know how many other "successful" people have had a BILLION $$$ tax loss on their tax return!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

Huge numbers of former Trump loyalists and staff from 2016 have stated that Trump never expected to get the GOP nomination, much less win the presidency. His candidacy was 90% promotional stunt and 10% opportunity to bash some people he has always loathed like Obama. He never even appointed anyone to make contingency plans for a transition until after he won the election. All major party nominees set up a team to quietly begin vetting possible appointees and planning for a transition soon after they get their party's nomination. Well... all but Trump.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

vnatale wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:51 pm
SomeDude wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:29 pm
Ad Orientem wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm Trump reminds me of the neighborhood dog that spent much of its time chasing cars, and in 2016 finally caught one. Getting elected POTUS (which he never expected) has been an unmitigated disaster for his businesses and reputation.
How do you know he didn't expect it? He is a very successful fellow. Those types generally do not expect failure. He has only ever projected confidence so I'm wondering what it is you're seeing that leads you to think he didn't expect to win?

He has the highest approval rating pretty much of any republican president ever. What is the disaster to his reputation? What has changed about his reputation from before to now? He was known as a brash, unapologetic playboy with a penchant for hitting back hard and clearly disliked by the more snowflaky citizens. Has his reputation changed or just be cemented?
1. I just responded how on Election Night he revealed his clear shock at actually winning.

2. I will wait as long as you want me to for you to do your research to let us know how many other "successful" people have had a BILLION $$$ tax loss on their tax return!

Vinny
That's just evidence of his genius. Of course in the case of Bezos it's because he's a crony capitalist and makes his money off government favors and tax legislation loopholes. Cognitive dissonance? What's that? I could barely pull the lever for Trump because he is politically left of Clinton but if he doesn't save our democracy by declaring martial law it will be the end of our republic if Biden takes office. All of that makes perfect sense...
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

doodle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm if he doesn't save our democracy by declaring martial law it will be the end of our republic if Biden takes office. All of that makes perfect sense...
If we don't have fraud free elections the republic will be lost. All reasonable, centrist, left-leaning libertarians should be able to agree on that no?

Basic premise disagreement. You think Joe Biden is the most popular presidential candidate in history with 15M more votes than Barrack. That sounds like a kooky conspiracy theory to me. His entire nomination is surrounded by some very odd circumstances.

You know the DNC chair had to resign because they rigged the primary against Bernie and for Clinton right? Or do you not believe that happened?

Do you think they might have done the same here?

80% of Republicans and a third or so of democrats think many of his votes, including in the swing states were fraudulent. I believe the latest polls show a majority of voters in total believe there was fraud.

Do you think elections should be won by whoever can commit the most fraud?

Do you think a group that did not engage in fraud has anything to lose from an examination of the so-called evidence?

Do you think they have anything to lose from dismissing the allegations and allowing a majority of the electorate (or at least a very significant minority) to believe the allegations are true?
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

SomeDude wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:40 pm
doodle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm if he doesn't save our democracy by declaring martial law it will be the end of our republic if Biden takes office. All of that makes perfect sense...
If we don't have fraud free elections the republic will be lost. All reasonable, centrist, left-leaning libertarians should be able to agree on that no?

Basic premise disagreement. You think Joe Biden is the most popular presidential candidate in history with 15M more votes than Barrack. That sounds like a kooky conspiracy theory to me. His entire nomination is surrounded by some very odd circumstances.

You know the DNC chair had to resign because they rigged the primary against Bernie and for Clinton right? Or do you not believe that happened?

80% of Republicans and a third or so of democrats think many of his votes, including in the swing states were fraudulent. I believe the latest polls show a majority of voters in total believe there was fraud.

Do you think a group that did not engage in fraud has anything to lose from an examination of the so-called evidence?

Do you think they have anything to lose from dismissing the allegations and allowing a majority of the electorate (or at least a very significant minority) to believe the allegations are true?
You make those arguments with such conviction but there has been no admissible evidence to justify any court hearing a case. Do you think our entire legal system including judges nominated by Trump and the supreme court is in on this? Your main argument is that it's impossible for biden to have won. Ok, I know you feel that way, but that doesn't make it true. As I said, I never voted before until this election and both my parents lifelong Republicans flipped to democrat. That happened all across the country. Corto voted Trump last time...this time Biden...another example of a flip.
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Basic premise disagreement.
^^Yeah.^^ And we obviously will never reconcile that. If Trump won, I'm sure it would have been the freest, fairest election in the history of elections. And Biden would have been a three time loser. I have such a vivid picture of this in my head right now, it is amazing.

Except for that niggling fact that even if he did win, he would have almost certainly still lost the popular vote -- now that portion of course, as in 2016, would have been fraudulent. All those damn illegals voting by mail in those blue states.

I can not even imagine the hugeness of the 2nd inauguration event for Trump. Would have surpassed even his first one. It would have been spectacular. At least 2-3 million people. Maskless of course, and shoulder to shoulder.

Instead we're going to get about 150 people, socially distanced and masked for Biden, right? With maybe a million or more wherever Trump is going to announce 2024.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

Biden getting all those votes represented Trump's greatest achievement of his presidency. He did what no one else could ever do. He thoroughly united a historically fractious Democratic Party. Their intense dislike of him united them in their desire to have anyone as president other than him. Therefore it was NOT Biden who got all those votes. It those voting for anyone not named Trump.

So much winning!

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Cortopassi wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:54 pm
^^Yeah.^^ And we obviously will never reconcile that. If Trump won, I'm sure it would have been the freest, fairest election in the history of elections. And Biden would have been a three time loser. I have such a vivid picture of this in my head right now, it is amazing.

Except for that niggling fact that even if he did win, he would have almost certainly still lost the popular vote -- now that portion of course, as in 2016, would have been fraudulent. All those damn illegals voting by mail in those blue states.

I can not even imagine the hugeness of the 2nd inauguration event for Trump. Would have surpassed even his first one. It would have been spectacular. At least 2-3 million people. Maskless of course, and shoulder to shoulder.

Instead we're going to get about 150 people, socially distanced and masked for Biden, right? With maybe a million or more wherever Trump is going to announce 2024.
That is a good point about the illegals.

If Biden does get in, I predict a virtual inauguration. I don't think they'd be able to clear up the optics of 150 people from the press corps in the circles and 50,000 or more people in MAGA hats jeering.
Last edited by SomeDude on Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

SomeDude wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:07 pm

That is a god point about the illegals.

If Biden does get in, I predict a virtual inauguration. I don't think they'd be able to clear up the optics of 150 people from the press corps in the circles and 50,000 or more people in MAGA hats jeering.
None of your many 'for sure' predictions has been even close to correct. I think you should step out of the predictions game.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

doodle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:28 pm

None of your many 'for sure' predictions has been even close to correct. I think you should step out of the predictions game.
I get the impression you are hesitating on anointing him as "Prophet SomeDude"?

Vinny
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

vnatale wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:37 pm I get the impression you are hesitating on anointing him as "Prophet SomeDude"?
If Trump stays in I will change my username
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

doodle wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:28 pm

That sounds like a drain the swamp endorsement. ...... Which I think is the fundamental issue. YMMV
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Officials have found a case of a dead person voting.

Bruce Bartman has been charged with unlawful voting and perjury over allegations that he pretended to be his dead mother to cast a ballot in the November election for President Donald Trump in Pennsylvania.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer announced the charges in a press release Monday. Bartman was arraigned Friday and released on $100,000 bail, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. If convicted on all charges, the 70-year-old Bartman could spend up to 19 years in prison.

https://www.businessinsider.com/voter- ... ddit.com
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem »

The next 30 days could be extremely dangerous. Among other concerns, the newly pardoned Michael Flynn has apparently been urging Trump to declare martial law and order the military to conduct a "redo" of the election in the states where he lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/politics ... index.html
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Ad Orientem wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:58 am The next 30 days could be extremely dangerous. Among other concerns, the newly pardoned Michael Flynn has apparently been urging Trump to declare martial law and order the military to conduct a "redo" of the election in the states where he lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/politics ... index.html
Let's hope CNN has finally gotten a story correct