Vaccine Side Effect Legal Immunity

Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Vaccine Side Effect Legal Immunity

Post by Pointedstick »

MangoMan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm PS, what happened to you? You are not the same person who used to post here a few years back. It's as if you have been brainwashed by some cult.
What happened is that Trump was elected president and the right showed its true colors, and it's horrifying to me. I hold a variety of mildly to heavily conservative viewpoints on things, but Trump and his circus have been a bridge too far for me. But it's not really Trump himself; he's just an avatar, the personification of where the American right wing has drifted. And it's a place where we now have to endure a never-ending procession of kooks, conspiracy theories, reality denial, positive reinforcement of juvenile and selfish behaviors, constantly hammering away at representative democratic values, even open incitement to civil war. We get "own the libs" over actual governance. If you call anyone out over it they tell you it's all a big joke and you're just being oversensitive, as though we aren't living in a serious time with genuine issues that need solving. It all just feels so stupid and tragic to me.

I get that maybe it doesn't seem this way to you. But it seems this way to me.

A few months back there was a local news story about a guy who tried to commit vehicular homicide out of rage after being told to wear a mask in an auto parts store. The store owner's son shot the driver dead to prevent being run over by the truck and save his own life. And for what? Nothing. A mask. The guy didn't like being told to wear a mask so he decided to run someone over with his truck and then gets killed. For nothing. It's mad. Mad.

I get how if you have a different perspective, this would seem unrelated and perhaps not even worth remarking upon. But from my perspective, this is a related incident: the kind of emotionally fragile thought process that says, "the virus is bullshit, you can't tell me what to do, I'll kill you" is in my mind directly trace-able to Trump's public behavior and communication. He boasts about being able to get away with crimes. He incites hatred against the left. He ridicules people who follow public health orders and treat the virus like it's a big deal. He casts doubt on the legitimacy of every institution and says that only he is trustworthy. And Republican lawmakers are either silent or enthusiastically agree. They may not realize that they're modeling behavior for impressionable people looking for direction and leadership, but they are. And what they're modeling is bullying, selfishness, and ignorance. It feels to me like the entire Republican party suddenly devolved to the emotional level of a teenager in an abusive home.

Again, I get that it must not seem like this to you. I'm just relaying my own viewpoint and experience.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:36 pm
MangoMan wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm PS, what happened to you? You are not the same person who used to post here a few years back. It's as if you have been brainwashed by some cult.
What happened is that Trump was elected president......
How could anyone have guessed?

I just want to be clear:

1. Trump caused the chinavirus flu
2. Trump caused some people to not believe in the coronavirus flu
3. Trump caused people's kids to cry in fear of people who don't believe in the chinavirus flu
4. Trump caused some people to be racist
5. Trump caused people to riot, murder, vandalize, destroy statues etc.
6. Trump is responsible for any backlash against lefties bad behavior, while simultaneously being responsible for the lefties bad behavior.
7. Trump caused everything bad that has happened to anyone anywhere since he was elected.
8. Trump is responsible for people turning dark and uncaring towards others and wishing for their deaths.
9. Nothing bad ever happened before Trump.
10. Political discourse in America was polite and positive until Trump.
11. Lefties never called people racist before Trump.

The list of what Trump has done is endless. Literally endless. Can anyone think of other bad things we can blame on Trump?
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

What happened is that Trump was elected president and the right showed its true colors, and it's horrifying to me. I hold a variety of mildly to heavily conservative viewpoints on things, but Trump and his circus have been a bridge too far for me. But it's not really Trump himself; he's just an avatar, the personification of where the American right wing has drifted. And it's a place where we now have to endure a never-ending procession of kooks, conspiracy theories, reality denial, positive reinforcement of juvenile and selfish behaviors, constantly hammering away at representative democratic values, even open incitement to civil war. We get "own the libs" over actual governance. If you call anyone out over it they tell you it's all a big joke and you're just being oversensitive, as though we aren't living in a serious time with genuine issues that need solving. It all just feels so stupid and tragic to me.

<snip>
+1
Dieter
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Dieter »

SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:13 pm
What happened is that Trump was elected president......
How could anyone have guessed?

I just want to be clear:

1. Trump caused the chinavirus flu
2. Trump caused some people to not believe in the coronavirus flu
3. Trump caused people's kids to cry in fear of people who don't believe in the chinavirus flu
4. Trump caused some people to be racist
5. Trump caused people to riot, murder, vandalize, destroy statues etc.
6. Trump is responsible for any backlash against lefties bad behavior, while simultaneously being responsible for the lefties bad behavior.
7. Trump caused everything bad that has happened to anyone anywhere since he was elected.
8. Trump is responsible for people turning dark and uncaring towards others and wishing for their deaths.
9. Nothing bad ever happened before Trump.
10. Political discourse in America was polite and positive until Trump.
11. Lefties never called people racist before Trump.

The list of what Trump has done is endless. Literally endless. Can anyone think of other bad things we can blame on Trump?
Pointedstick was asked a question. Appears to me he gave a serious, genuine answer.

This response adds what? An example of how the right reacts to criticism, making one of his points?

One thing I like about this forum are the divergent viewpoints, communicated relatively respectively.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

A few months back there was a local news story about a guy who tried to commit vehicular homicide out of rage after being told to wear a mask in an auto parts store. The store owner's son shot the driver dead to prevent being run over by the truck and save his own life. And for what? Nothing. A mask. The guy didn't like being told to wear a mask so he decided to run someone over with his truck and then gets killed. For nothing. It's mad. Mad.

I get how if you have a different perspective, this would seem unrelated and perhaps not even worth remarking upon. But from my perspective, this is a related incident: the kind of emotionally fragile thought process that says, "the virus is bullshit, you can't tell me what to do, I'll kill you" is in my mind directly trace-able to Trump's public behavior and communication. He boasts about being able to get away with crimes. He incites hatred against the left. He ridicules people who follow public health orders and treat the virus like it's a big deal. He casts doubt on the legitimacy of every institution and says that only he is trustworthy. And Republican lawmakers are either silent or enthusiastically agree. They may not realize that they're modeling behavior for impressionable people looking for direction and leadership, but they are. And what they're modeling is bullying, selfishness, and ignorance. It feels to me like the entire Republican party suddenly devolved to the emotional level of a teenager in an abusive home.

Again, I get that it must not seem like this to you. I'm just relaying my own viewpoint and experience.
So eloquently stated....

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:37 pm
Agree that this doesn’t seem helpful, Someguy.

-Tom
You're probably right Tom, but sometimes i just go a little to far to make a point, and this might be one of them. Its exhausting to hear people blame other people's actions, and their own actions, thoughts, and words on one man. At this point the anti trump people are caricatures of themselves.

If you watch CNN, or read the online postings of leftists, you will hear that Trump is the reason lefties riot, stab and attack trump supporters, require therapy, etc. Hell....there was a commercial with a little kid crying because Trump got reelected.

They attacked him and called him racist for closing the borders to stop the virus from coming in. They attacked him for not promoting the mask hoax which obviously is stupid.

To me it looks like a huge group of people have been hoaxed by the talking heads on TV that literally everything bad that happens anywhere by anyone is Trump's fault. I've seen it over and over again on CNN where they will admit a lefty did something bad like the guy who shot the Republicans at the baseball game, and they'll blame Trump. This in spite of the fact their champions like Maxine waters calls for aggressive behavior.

Anyway, TDS won't be solved here i just hope onlookers recognize it when they see it.
Don
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Don »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 am
Don wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 am The recovery rate is well over 99%
According to Trump's CDC, there have been 18,170,062 cases in the USA and 321,734 deaths: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

Grade school math shows us that 321,734 is 1.77% of 18,170,062. Arithmetic counters your assertion.
Even an idiot would know that the actual infection rate is much higher than those who have tested positive.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Don wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:46 am
According to Trump's CDC, there have been 18,170,062 cases in the USA and 321,734 deaths: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

Grade school math shows us that 321,734 is 1.77% of 18,170,062. Arithmetic counters your assertion.
Even an idiot would know that the actual infection rate is much higher than those who have tested positive.
It is theoretically possible the actual infection rate is less than those who tested positive if the tests are giving false positives or the numbers are being faked.

But yeah, i think random testing samples have shown the rates are 5x to 10x higher than reported, so it doesn't appear too deadly.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

I can see now that this forum has become a microcosm of what's happened to the Republican party: the loudest voices are kooks and trolls, overwhelming the thoughtful and reasonable people. No wonder most of them seem to have left. There's nothing left for me here. Go ahead and trash the place. It's already ruined.
Maddy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Maddy »

Please, just get it over with.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

Silly Don. Apparently you aren’t aware that 100% of the Americans who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 have been tested and reported in the CDC database. Please educate yourself.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Well, maybe that's being a tad harsh, although this isn't the first time I've explained this.

You have to be paying attention to notice the results of two studies last May that did random testing of the general population in New York State and Santa Clara County, CA. The number of people who turned up with antibodies to COVID was 50x higher than the prevalance of known cases in both studies. In NYC, 20% of the randomly tested people were found to be antibody positive.

So 5-10x is actually a conservative guess for the infection to case ratio, in an area where the virus has moved through.

p.s. you can call me a kook and a troll for taking note of actual data, as opposed to the carefully selected representation of the facts that the media allow you to see, and that are designed to support a prevailing narrative that we are all supposed to subscribe to. Sorry, but I don't bite.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

sophie wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:02 pm
So 5-10x is actually a conservative guess for the infection to case ratio, in an area where the virus has moved through.
Well i have been accused of being conservative before.

Basically everyone is going to get exposed, the masks are nonsensical, destroying the economy and ruining so many lives has been for nothing, and the virus is only serious if you're elderly with health conditions.

We didn't need to know all this in advance to avoid these mistakes. We just needed to believe its wrong to sacrifice liberty for safety.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

tomfoolery wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 am I predict a massive pandemic in 30 to 40 years that will wipe out most Americans. It will be another corona virus strand. And if people in their 50s and younger were allowed to go out and live their lives, they’d get exposure to covid 19 and develop potentially life-long antibodies.

But we’re not allowed to do that and the best we are allowed to do is a vaccine that might confer 6 months immunity.

So in 30 to 40 years a new corona virus will wipe out everyone sub-50 today who wasn’t allowed to properly get esposed to covid 19.

I base this on history. The Spanish Flu of 1918 killed more younger people than old, with a theory being the elderly of that era had experienced a similar enough flu prior to the young people being born. And thus the elderly had immunity.

Cool, let’s get rid of the young’s potential to develop immunity so we can all die out in 30 years when the next one hits.

Yet another wealth transfer from young to old. Social security, the housing market with 10% annualized gains compared to 3% wage gains which benefit the people who had houses the longest, unsustainable lifetime government pensions that were ended before the current generation started working but who will pay the increased taxation for those historical promises.

And now let’s have a bunch of young people with no savings commit suicide out of social isolation, economic ruin, and depression in order for baby boomers to extend their lives slightly longer by ensuring the young don’t spread covid to the old. Because rather than the young freely able to live their lives as the elderly self-isolate, let’s redistribute freedom between classes and everyone can go out, if mask wearing and limited to non-bars. Non-gyms, etc.

I look forward to a day in the future where I can receive my wealth transfer and screw over some of your grandchildren. Just to tip the scales to balance it out. Assuming there’s anything left of the country then.
This is a real sentiment on your part?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

vnatale wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am
tomfoolery wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 am I predict a massive pandemic in 30 to 40 years that will wipe out most Americans. It will be another corona virus strand. And if people in their 50s and younger were allowed to go out and live their lives, they’d get exposure to covid 19 and develop potentially life-long antibodies.

But we’re not allowed to do that and the best we are allowed to do is a vaccine that might confer 6 months immunity.

So in 30 to 40 years a new corona virus will wipe out everyone sub-50 today who wasn’t allowed to properly get esposed to covid 19.

I base this on history. The Spanish Flu of 1918 killed more younger people than old, with a theory being the elderly of that era had experienced a similar enough flu prior to the young people being born. And thus the elderly had immunity.

Cool, let’s get rid of the young’s potential to develop immunity so we can all die out in 30 years when the next one hits.

Yet another wealth transfer from young to old. Social security, the housing market with 10% annualized gains compared to 3% wage gains which benefit the people who had houses the longest, unsustainable lifetime government pensions that were ended before the current generation started working but who will pay the increased taxation for those historical promises.

And now let’s have a bunch of young people with no savings commit suicide out of social isolation, economic ruin, and depression in order for baby boomers to extend their lives slightly longer by ensuring the young don’t spread covid to the old. Because rather than the young freely able to live their lives as the elderly self-isolate, let’s redistribute freedom between classes and everyone can go out, if mask wearing and limited to non-bars. Non-gyms, etc.

I look forward to a day in the future where I can receive my wealth transfer and screw over some of your grandchildren. Just to tip the scales to balance it out. Assuming there’s anything left of the country then.

Vinny
If I've learned anything about TF this Christmas season, it's that 100% of everything he says is sincere.
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

SomeDude wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:28 am
vnatale wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am

Vinny
If I've learned anything about TF this Christmas season, it's that 100% of everything he says is sincere.
More like 200%, when fiction becomes fact, anything is possible. See the 'law of contradiction' post and think 1984 doublethink. Or read the MSM on Biden winning the election if you don't have time for Orwell's book. ;D
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.