Vaccine Side Effect Legal Immunity

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Vaccine Side Effect Legal Immunity

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 am
Don wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:06 am The recovery rate is well over 99%
According to Trump's CDC, there have been 18,170,062 cases in the USA and 321,734 deaths: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

Grade school math shows us that 321,734 is 1.77% of 18,170,062. Arithmetic counters your assertion.
Logic dictates that many more people reported as having covid actually got it. Factor in all the people who got it but were not tested or just never saw symptoms.

The "recovery" rate is probably a lot higher than 99%
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:26 am
According to Trump's CDC, there have been 18,170,062 cases in the USA and 321,734 deaths: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... klast7days

Grade school math shows us that 321,734 is 1.77% of 18,170,062. Arithmetic counters your assertion.
Logic dictates that many more people reported as having covid actually got it. Factor in all the people who got it but were not tested or just never saw symptoms.

The "recovery" rate is probably a lot higher than 99%
And how many of these "covid-related" deaths actually are due to covid. If someone was dying of cancer and the got covid I'm sure they're calling it "covid-related". There are reports of people falling off ladders and getting in motorcycle accidents and it being listed as "covid-related".
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

One of my co-workers yesterday told me of his run in with covid earlier this year. He tested positive. He said he got the sniffles for one day and fatigue for 3 hours. He said it's not a mild flu, its more of a mild cold.

Having said that i fully expect the streets to be littered with rotting corpses i have to dodge as I do last minute shopping today. COVID shows no mercy.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar »

boglerdude wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:19 pm
But the conspiracy isnt grand enough such that there's been a cure since 1981 with Ivermectin
Although not indicated for treatment, Ivermectin appears to be most efficacious in the treatment of Covid. Why have we not heard more about this?
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

I'm reminded of a story I heard on the radio a few months ago.

A nurse was recounting how she was taking care of COVID patients who would be screaming at her that COVID was a hoax or was no big deal even while they were literally dying from it. She talked about how they would only pipe down once intubated in a bid to save their lives. Many died anyway, suffocating, unable to speak, unable to see their loved ones.

At the time, this story brought me to tears. I imagined people's minds being so warped that they literally denied the existence or danger of the thing actively killing them.

But I'm far, far past that point now. Two of my co-workers (both young men) have survived and described it as the worst pain of their entire lives. People I know have died from it. Anti-maskers have made my children cry in public settings, and the social isolation caused by quarantines brought about by their selfish recklessness caused my son threaten suicide on multiple occasions.

Today, I laugh when I hear about people who deny the danger of COVID dying from it. I darkly chortle. I tell myself, "one less trash person left on this planet." And I don't feel bad at all about it. Not in the least bit.

A lot of people seem to have spent the last couple of years convincing themselves that nothing is real and everything is all just a big joke. The rest of us have been slowly losing our empathy for these people as they unleash one horror on the world after another. Some things in life are deadly serious.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:40 am Today, I laugh when I hear about people who deny the danger of COVID dying from it. I darkly chortle. I tell myself, "one less trash person left on this planet."
You laugh when you hear about people dying? That is some sick stuff right there.
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Not exactly, PS.

Herd immunity requires infection/exposure, not cases. The infection/fatality rate has now been estimated at 0.4%. For an average flu season, that estimate is 0.1%. So it's definitely more deadly than average flu, but it's comparable to the more severe flu viruses and it's not as bad as some (remember that "average" means roughly "half are higher than this."). Infection/fatality rate needs to be distinguished from the case/fatality rate - which is measured based on positive tests. Also, "fatalities" is open to interpretation....anyone with a positive COVID test who dies gets counted, no matter what they actually died from (e.g. a car accident). It's rather interesting that there are virtually no flu cases out there, which is an impossibility at this time of year. It stands to reason that flu cases are being counted as COVID, because the symptoms are indistinguishable.

Not saying that a vaccine isn't a better route to immunity than community spread, but you do have to get the numbers straight.

Also the whole long-COVID thing....who the heck knows what that's about. Most of my colleagues (and I) consider it in the same category as chronic Lyme. I think a lot of it is a form of COVID PTSD.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:11 am
SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 am
Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:40 am Today, I laugh when I hear about people who deny the danger of COVID dying from it. I darkly chortle. I tell myself, "one less trash person left on this planet."
You laugh when you hear about people dying? That is some sick stuff right there.
I laughed when I read he laughed about people dying.

-Tom
That's only slightly less sick TF
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 am
sophie wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:01 am
Herd immunity requires infection/exposure, not cases.
Sorry, Sophie, but you might want to ask for a refund on your MD/pHd, because herd immunity can only be achieved through vaccines provided by pharmaceutical companies.

At least as of this month.

The World Health Organization used to recognize natural exposure as leading to herd immunity as shown by an archive of their website from last month:

2E989372-C261-45C4-AC30-19BB24AA615F.png

But it’s since been updated and only administered vaccines will count.

88BBC3DC-8598-4269-96C2-5C330D081E31.png

Unless you think you know more than the organization literally in charge of the entire world’s health.
We've always been at war with EastAsia
Simonjester wrote:
SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am
We've always been at war with EastAsia
sophie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sophie »

Geez, and here I've been quoting WHO meta-analyses that show things like community mask-wearing having at best a minor impact on the spread of flu, which spreads similarly to COVID (literally in one study....all the others showed no effect). That's a pretty damning post, TF. How did you find that?

Also, the CDC doesn't seem to believe that masks are all that helpful either, because they read that same WHO 2017 meta-analysis. Their criteria for defining a COVID exposure specifically excludes consideration of mask wearing. i.e. if you are within 6 feet of a COVID case for 15 minutes, that's considered a high risk exposure, mask or no mask. Some hospitals (mine for example) adopted a policy that they don't consider it an exposure if masks were worn by both parties, but that explicitly contradicts the CDC and I suspect it's more about not wanting to quarantine a large proportion of staff.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 am
It's hilarious. They publish whole books about it: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=darwin+awards. There are tons!

We all used to joke about this stuff all the time on this forum. Then suddenly when it's right-wing lunatics earning Darwin Awards by dying of a virus they believe doesn't exist or is no big deal, people who laugh at them are sick. Sorry bud, a hilariously stupid death is a hilariously stupid death no matter which side of the political aisle you're shopping from.

Or maybe a dim, fading part of you recognizes the danger but can't admit it, because to do so would require acknowledging that your sources of information aren't trustworthy, which would start a catastrophic chain reaction annihilating your belief structure.

Can't have that. Better to expose yourself to a deadly virus and recklessly endanger others in the process than admit you were wrong. Keep on reaving that border! It ain't gonna reave itself!
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:17 pm
Or maybe a dim, fading part of you recognizes the danger but can't admit it
I am dim, but I'm not afraid of the flu. People who are should stay home and leave the rest of us alone.

I recognize the danger of giving up all our rights to avoid the flu. I wouldn't care if you wanted to give yours up but I'm sure you insist on everyone else giving up there's too. People like that are the real threat, not the flu.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:39 pm
I am dim, but I'm not afraid of the flu. People who are should stay home and leave the rest of us alone.
You know, that's not a bad idea. Then in, say, two months, we'll come out of our houses and all of you people who acted like nothing was different will be dead or immune, and the virus will be eradicated. Either way, problem solved!
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:45 pm
You know, that's not a bad idea. Then in, say, two months, we'll come out of our houses and all of you people who acted like nothing was different will be dead or immune, and the virus will be eradicated. Either way, problem solved!

I think we just solved it. People who don't want to die can stay at home, the rest of us can roll the dice and take our chances out there. My wife went to the mall today and said it was jammed with people. I must assume she meant zombies.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

I'm willing to take my chances on that based on the facts you F*****G A*****E. Not sure if I had enough asterisks to express my true feelings.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Are you even listening to the experts at the WHO at all? No, they will not be immune. Because immunity only comes from a vaccine.
Wait WHO said that?
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:58 pm
pp4me wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm
I'm willing to take my chances on that based on the facts you F*****G A*****E. Not sure if I had enough asterisks to express my true feelings.
Failing Athlete?
Fawning Adoptee?
Framing Acolyte?
Flopping Antelope
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

pp4me wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm I'm willing to take my chances on that based on the facts you F*****G A*****E. Not sure if I had enough asterisks to express my true feelings.
I think I'll have to go with "Fencing Advance" because that's what might happen to the next on one of you people who make my children cry in the grocery store with your dangerous and emotionally stunted behavior.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:25 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:19 pm I think I'll have to go with "Fencing Advance" because that's what might happen to the next on one of you people who make my children cry in the grocery store with your dangerous and emotionally stunted behavior.
Did someone make your children cry in a grocery store? Please share your experience so others may learn the consequences for their selfish behaviors. What happened exactly?
Anti-maskers did, yes. I'm not terribly interested in sharing the details.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:30 pm
Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:19 pm I think I'll have to go with "Fencing Advance" because that's what might happen to the next on one of you people who make my children cry in the grocery store with your dangerous and emotionally stunted behavior.
Did someone make your children cry in a grocery store? Please share your experience so others may learn the consequences for their selfish behaviors. What happened exactly?
I just looked at the cdc stats. I might have misread them but it looked like as of today less than 100 kids under the age of 14 have died due to anything involving Covid.

If that's true, they are scared because someone taught them to be scared of people not wearing masks. Again, not saying it's you, but it's a real shame kids across the country are being subjected to these crazy fears.
Pointedstick
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Pointedstick »

My kids actually have the capacity to think about people other than themselves, a trait which seems to be lacking in many adults today. They're not worried about themselves, but rather their grandparents who all have respiratory or vascular issues. They would not like to lose their grandparents due to a highly infectious virus that kills old people. They would not like to become infected themselves and accidentally transmit it to other people even though they would probably be fine. My kids are 4 and 8 years old. They had in-person school and the kids all managed to do schooling safely; it was the staff and parents who were passing the virus back and forth. From where I'm sitting, the world turned upside down and children are more responsible than adults. It's mind-boggling to me.

I just don't get it. Where I live in New Mexico, the flu kills an average of 250 people a year. COVID has killed 2,243 this year. So even with severe restrictions on people's freedom, COVID has still been almost 9 times more dangerous than the flu.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

tomfoolery wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:45 pm
SomeDude wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:36 pm I just looked at the cdc stats. I might have misread them but it looked like as of today less than 100 kids under the age of 14 have died due to anything involving Covid.

If that's true, they are scared because someone taught them to be scared of people not wearing masks. Again, not saying it's you, but it's a real shame kids across the country are being subjected to these crazy fears.
So if 100 kids die, that’s no big deal to you? I suppose you’re also against common sense assault weapon control because only about 100 kids were killed by mass shooters with rifles over the last decade?

What if it was your kid that was one of the 100?

I guess your “rights” to get a haircut are worth more than 100 children’s lives.

And because of selfish people like you SomeDude, pointedstick’s children will need to take anti anxiety meds the rest of their lives.
What im saying is, if he believes his kids being in public puts them at risk then he should not bring them out. If he doesn't think they're at risk he should tell to not be afraid because there's nothing to be afraid of. Everyone wants to blame others for the situation they created. Wanting people to die because they disagree with you about wearing a mask well.....that speaks for itself.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Pointedstick wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:30 pm
Well, if you got freaked out by anti-maskers at the store I apologize. Should not have been so cruel on Christmas eve to make you relive that terrible incident.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

They psychological damage being done to kids that are taught they might kill their grandparents by hugging them is actually heartbreaking. I hope this is rock bottom for this lunacy.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Something tells me in the past when people fell off ladders or got in motorcycle accidents.....they never said "man, another victim of the flu......"