How Does Anyone Take Liberal Ideology Seriously?

SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: How Does Anyone Take Liberal Ideology Seriously?

Post by SomeDude »

My theory is cell phone towers frying people's brains or maybe the fluoride in the water lowering IQs.

I'm only mostly joking.

I think there are some serious demographic differences that cause some groups to be more susceptible to liberalism. Many people love to play the victim and liberal leaders tell their people all the time they are victims.

What really throws me off is white male liberals. I have no explanation for their acceptance of an ideology that almost openly calls for their subordination and claims they are the cause of everything bad (opposite world).
Simonjester wrote:
a good chunk of the population are feeling-centric thinkers.. not reason-centric..

and if you think with your feelings, things that cause cognitive dissidence to the reason thinkers, like leaders that don't follow there own rules, ... don't matter ... they are "helping" and you have to be helping because it is what ..feels.. the contradiction wont exist in their mind as long as ...feels...

also this is the type of thinking "feeling centric" that is taught in schools now, reason/critical thinking is largely gone from education, and the young who by nature tend to be feeling centric for a while along the path to maturity, are now getting locked into this way of thinking..
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Democracy. With social media everyone has a voice/vote, and most people want to get paid to stay home and virtue signal.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

One criticism I commonly hear from anti-liberals is how the liberals want to promote and encourage illegal immigration. Images come to mind of hordes of illegal immigrants being invited to the US and pouring over the border.
But I have not been able to find any evidence of any liberal politician actually saying they support any of this.

Who exactly is it that is supporting illegal immigration and why is the promotion of illegal immigration associated with liberals?
boglerdude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by boglerdude »

Megacorps in US and UK want open borders to reduce wages.
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar »

SomeDude wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:23 am
I think there are some serious demographic differences that cause some groups to be more susceptible to liberalism. Many people love to play the victim and liberal leaders tell their people all the time they are victims.
Right on! Liberals love to be victims. Liberal leaders love to point out to their constituents how they have been made victims.

My question is: how many of these liberal leaders and main stream media supporters really believe their own message, or do they assume it's just a means of getting support from the gullible masses?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:14 am One criticism I commonly hear from anti-liberals is how the liberals want to promote and encourage illegal immigration. Images come to mind of hordes of illegal immigrants being invited to the US and pouring over the border.
But I have not been able to find any evidence of any liberal politician actually saying they support any of this.
You probably won't find a politician saying they support "hordes of illegal immigrants pouring over the border." They will frame it differently but their actions and inactions will produce a similar result. Look a little deeper.

Also, it's pretty clear that tolerance of illegal immigration is not exclusive to so-called "Liberals".
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds »

flyingpylon wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:00 am
glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:14 am One criticism I commonly hear from anti-liberals is how the liberals want to promote and encourage illegal immigration. Images come to mind of hordes of illegal immigrants being invited to the US and pouring over the border.
You probably won't find a politician saying they support "hordes of illegal immigrants pouring over the border." They will frame it differently but their actions and inactions will produce a similar result. Look a little deeper.

Also, it's pretty clear that tolerance of illegal immigration is not exclusive to so-called "Liberals".
Is it support for DACA that translates into the embrace of illegal immigration?
Personally I think DACA is a different and complicated humanitarian issue. But if there is another policy or framing that is basically a veiled promotion of illegal immigration, please do tell because I'm genuinely interested.

Is the logic that if you build a wall to keep illegals out, you are anti-illegal immigrant, but if you do not champion a wall you are basically pro-illegal immigrant for not doing enough?
Therefore if liberals (or whomever else) are not anti-illegal immigrant, they're pro-illegal immigrant by default??

The other day someone tried to tell me that AOC and the progressives want to give free health care to illegal immigrants but nobody else. That one is completely absurd on its face, but this person really believed it.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:46 am
Right on! Liberals love to be victims. Liberal leaders love to point out to their constituents how they have been made victims.

My question is: how many of these liberal leaders and main stream media supporters really believe their own message, or do they assume it's just a means of getting support from the gullible masses?
The irony in your post is that I see a president that has continuously played the victim. Always saying he is being cheated, lied about, treated unfairly or badly. Does he really believe his message or does he just say that to get support from his gullible masses?
flyingpylon
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by flyingpylon »

glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 am

Personally I think DACA is a different and complicated humanitarian issue. But if there is another policy or framing that is basically a veiled promotion of illegal immigration, please do tell because I'm genuinely interested.
Sanctuary cities are an example.
glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 am Is the logic that if you build a wall to keep illegals out, you are anti-illegal immigrant, but if you do not champion a wall you are basically pro-illegal immigrant for not doing enough?
Therefore if liberals (or whomever else) are not anti-illegal immigrant, they're pro-illegal immigrant by default??
I don't know... I chose to use the phrase "tolerant of illegal immigration". Either way, more illegal immigrants enter the country. Your original post was about promotion and support, but simply tolerating it and doing nothing has a major impact and needs to be considered.

Like many issues, it could be solved relatively easily if anyone was willing to do it. Lots of other countries are able to restrict illegal immigration.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tortoise »

tomfoolery wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:26 am How does anyone take liberal politics seriously when even their political leaders are inconsistent with their purported ideology?
The power to take away a given right from everyone has always also been the power to selectively give it as a privilege to oneself and certain wealthy, well-connected friends and associates.
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:02 am
flyingpylon wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 am
glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 am

Sanctuary cities are an example.
glennds wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 am Is the logic that if you build a wall to keep illegals out, you are anti-illegal immigrant, but if you do not champion a wall you are basically pro-illegal immigrant for not doing enough?
I don't know... I chose to use the phrase "tolerant of illegal immigration". Either way, more illegal immigrants enter the country. Your original post was about promotion and support, but simply tolerating it and doing nothing has a major impact and needs to be considered.

Like many issues, it could be solved relatively easily if anyone was willing to do it. Lots of other countries are able to restrict illegal immigration.
You guys should watch "Stateless" on Netflix. It's about an illegal immigrant refugee camp in Australia.
Thanks. Went to add it to my Netflix but looks like somehow I'd already added it. It's a one season 5 episodes?

I can handle those short ones. I generally watch one Netflix movie each night and only once in a while get involved in a series because some of the longer ones mean I get to see no movies if I do not want to interrupt the series watching.

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:27 pm
Tortoise wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:38 pm
tomfoolery wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:26 am How does anyone take liberal politics seriously when even their political leaders are inconsistent with their purported ideology?
The power to take away a given right from everyone has always also been the power to selectively give it as a privilege to oneself and certain wealthy, well-connected friends and associates.
Gee, that sounds like the USSR.... :o
Or, the American political system? Rewarding party supporters?

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

MangoMan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:00 pm
vnatale wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 pm
MangoMan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:02 am

You guys should watch "Stateless" on Netflix. It's about an illegal immigrant refugee camp in Australia.
Thanks. Went to add it to my Netflix but looks like somehow I'd already added it. It's a one season 5 episodes?

I can handle those short ones. I generally watch one Netflix movie each night and only once in a while get involved in a series because some of the longer ones mean I get to see no movies if I do not want to interrupt the series watching.

Vinny
It's what they call a 'limited series', which is basically a movie that they split into X parts because it was too long to be in one part. Movies are generally about 100 min and top out at 140. After that, they are too long to sit thru.
You are correct about the movie lengths. Back in the old days of the blank VHS tapes which had about 270 (?) minutes or so available on them at slow speed...I could only get three movies onto them if they were on the shorter end -- all 90 minutes or less.

Vinny
Lonestar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Lonestar »

doodle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:33 am

The irony in your post is that I see a president that has continuously played the victim. Always saying he is being cheated, lied about, treated unfairly or badly. Does he really believe his message or does he just say that to get support from his gullible masses?
I'm not one to excuse some of the President's actions! I just don't see conservatives looking to the government to pull them out of their miseries.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 pm
doodle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:33 am

I'm not one to excuse some of the President's actions! I just don't see conservatives looking to the government to pull them out of their miseries.
Im a Schwarzenegger republican...

"The most important thing is that we need to be a party that is inclusive and tolerant. We can be those things and be the party we always have been. We need to think about the environment. Teddy Roosevelt was a great environmentalist and people forget Reagan was the one who dealt with the ozone layer with the Montreal protocol. We also need to talk about healthcare honestly. Nixon almost passed universal healthcare. We need to have an talk about immigration and realize you can't just deport people.

We need a comprehensive answer. We also need to stay out of people's bedrooms. The party that is for small government shouldn't be over-reaching into people's private lives.

Mainly, we need to be a party where people know what we are for, not just what we are against."

...a party that supports educational opportunity, universal healthcare, environmental protections, recognizes science and stays out of peoples sex lives. I don't think government can pull people out of their miseries, but it can certainly make it easier and create conditions for them to do so on their own.
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle »

Speaking of taking things seriously? Anyone?

Somebody is a little cranky pants this morning.
vn232248f6361.jpg
vn232248f6361.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale »

doodle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:06 am Speaking of taking things seriously? Anyone?

Somebody is a little cranky pants this morning.

vn232248f6361.jpg
One of the many ways he embarrasses America to the rest of the world. They cannot believe that America elected such a president and that so many continue to support him.

This is just one of the ways he reveals himself to have not one of the 40 character virtues and was never qualified to be president.

Vinny