Poll: Have You Thought Of Leaving Forum Because Of Politics?

Have You Thought Of Leaving Forum Because Of Politics

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 26
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Poll: Have You Thought Of Leaving Forum Because Of Politics?

Post by SomeDude »

doodle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:33 am Do you think it's that they are pushing a left wing agenda? I have trouble envisioning these tech billionaires as bleeding heart social justice warriors that want to overthrow the free market system.
The tech billionaires hate free markets. It's a threat to their monopolies. It's doesn't even matter if they might be richer under a free market. They want power. Communism and left-wing ideology is designed to get people people to join the cause based on lies that it will make them better off. It won't. It will simply install rulers over them and everyone else. Rank and file communists (basically where all left-leaning arguments end up) are useful idiots for their masters who care NOTHING about communism or liberal policies except as a means to control and dominate everyone and everything they possibly can.

Libertarians get pissed off at the rank and file commies because they're contributing to our mutual destruction, but I am sure most of us don't view them as evil, just completely and utterly misguided. It's like dealing with children who never grew up and are still looking for mommy and daddy (insert government officials) to protect them from the big bad world (businessmen who just want to sell them products and services on a voluntary basis).

Explaining these concepts to a physical adult is completely useless except as entertainment. The important thing is to educate the kids and resist the adult commies.

*** - I am not calling anyone here an idiot (at least not in this post). Useful idiot is just a term for people supporting a cause where the end result will be the opposite of what they are going for, because they have bought into the rhetoric.
Last edited by SomeDude on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

doodle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:40 am

How would you feel about them silencing AlQaeda who might use their platform to recruit and inspire terrorist attacks? What about radical political parties calling for the armed insurrection...or spreading lies and misinformation?
Whatever happened to AlQaeda? The were only useful for a few wars I guess then they disbanded.

Seriously how funny would it be if AQ had a facebook meet-up group. "Let's all meet at the south dune at 1700 on Saturday" - ohhhh whoops there goes a predator drone strike!

I don't think it would be much of a problem if people who want to hurt others use Facebook to discuss it out in the open. It would probably help lol.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Maddy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:45 am
I call them as I see them. When you come to a libertarian-oriented forum such as this and complain that the libertarian viewpoint ought to be silenced......
It is not a coincidence that an investment forum based on Browne's philosophies would attract libertarian folks. People successful enough to have money and interested in managing it themselves probably trend this way also. That is, unless they are billionaire elite who seem almost exclusively on the other side of the coin.