Will you accept a stolen election if Biden is inaugurated?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 8
Libertarian666
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Libertarian666 »

It should be obvious what the correct answer is but I'm sure some of the usual suspects will answer the other way.
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Will you accept a stolen election if Biden is inaugurated?

Post by SomeDude »

Much better poll
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

Again, you are showing your stripes, that any result that doesn't include Trump remaining in office is unacceptable.

The moderates here have been gracious in saying we'd accept a Trump win if the evidence proves it.

You are saying you can't do likewise, regardless of the evidence. As I've been told many times my reasoning for voting for Biden is illogical, how is your position not illogical, unless you are willing to see every credible institution get damaged?

--States corrupt
--Courts corrupt, seemingly even the supreme court if it comes to that
--Anyone not agreeing is thrown overboard
SomeDude
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by SomeDude »

Cortopassi wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 pm Again, you are showing your stripes, that any result that doesn't include Trump remaining in office is unacceptable.

The moderates here have been gracious in saying we'd accept a Trump win if the evidence proves it.
If the evidence proves trump won why WOULDN'T you accept it? That's like saying you accept that the sun rises in the East.

The difference is the fraud is so obvious, a Biden "win" could only be a stolen election, ergo it should not be accepted.

if you believe that whoever "wins" the election must have won legitimately by definition.....you reject the entire premise of the poll
Cortopassi
Executive Member
Executive Member
Location: https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbL ... sWebb.html

Post by Cortopassi »

SomeDude wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:33 pm
Cortopassi wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 pm Again, you are showing your stripes, that any result that doesn't include Trump remaining in office is unacceptable.

If the evidence proves trump won why WOULDN'T you accept it? That's like saying you accept that the sun rises in the East.

The difference is the fraud is so obvious, a Biden "win" could only be a stolen election, ergo it should not be accepted.

if you believe that whoever "wins" the election must have won legitimately by definition.....you reject the entire premise of the poll
Huh?

Ergo me this, my man. Humor me. Please. Tech too.

Assume whatever case(s), if they make it to the supreme court, are rejected, or do not win their day in court. On a court with a conservative majority. With recently installed conservative judges.

Detail exactly what is going through your mind at that event when there is no road left and Biden becomes president.

--Contributing to the Trump 2024 campaign? It'll never be over?
--A realization that the entire US government, state governments and everyone under the sun had colluded to screw Trump out of his rightful win?

Or a return to rationality?
Mountaineer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mountaineer »

Perhaps except it. ;D It might be a bit of a struggle to get past the bolded definition of accept below. Especially with the word stolen in the post question. I personally have significant issues with accepting anything that is stolen. :o

ac·cept | əkˈsept |
verb [with object]
1 consent to receive (a thing offered): he accepted a pen as a present.
• give an affirmative answer to (an offer or proposal); say yes to: he would accept their offer and see what happened | [no object] : Tim offered Brian a lift home and he accepted.
• dated say yes to a proposal of marriage from (a man): what if Elizabeth accepted Darcy the first time?
• receive as adequate, valid, or suitable: the college accepted her as a student | credit cards are widely accepted.
• regard favorably or with approval; welcome: the Harvard literati never accepted him as one of them.
• (of a thing) be designed to allow (something) to be inserted or applied: vending machines that accepted 100-yen coins for cans of beer.
2 believe or come to recognize (an opinion, explanation, etc.) as valid or correct: this tentative explanation came to be accepted by the group | [with clause] : it is accepted that aging is a continuous process.
• take upon oneself (a responsibility or liability); acknowledge: Jenkins is willing to accept his responsibility | [with clause] : he accepts that he made a mistake.
• tolerate or submit to (something unpleasant or undesired): they accepted the need to cut expenses.
ORIGIN
late Middle English: from Latin acceptare, frequentative of accipere ‘take something to oneself’, from ad- ‘to’ + capere ‘take’.
DNA has its own language (code), and language requires intelligence. There is no known mechanism by which matter can give birth to information, let alone language. It is unreasonable to believe the world could have happened by chance.
pp4me
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pp4me »

Can't answer because I don't know what would it actually mean to "accept" the election if I end up believing it was stolen.

Who really cares whether I accept it or not? It's not like I'm going to tell the SSA I don't want my SS check any more since it is coming from an illegitimate government.