Arizona court tosses last Trump campaign lawsuit

glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Arizona court tosses last Trump campaign lawsuit

Post by glennds » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 am

An Arizona judge on Friday dismissed a lawsuit from two voters alleging mishandled ballots, the final election-related case pending in the state that voted for a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time in more than 20 years.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... in-arizona

I can appreciate that there are those who regard the media as fake, so here is a corroborating entry on the Maricopa County Superior Court's official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/courtpio/status/1329982349602295809

I also recognize there are some who are skeptical of Twitter, so you can also go to the Court's YouTube channel and see the live feed recording of the hearings using the links in the tweet.

With all the election lawsuits in Arizona gone, it is hard to imagine how Arizona could flip the election results to Trump. In part this is because there is state law that obligates Arizona to appoint its electors from the party that wins the majority of popular votes. The state legislature could change that law for a future presidential election, but is bound to comply with it for this one.
Tortoise
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Arizona court tosses last Trump campaign lawsuit

Post by Tortoise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm

The title of this thread is incorrect and misleading; the lawsuit was filed by two individual voters, not by the Trump campaign.
glennds
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by glennds » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Tortoise wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:47 pm
The title of this thread is incorrect and misleading; the lawsuit was filed by two individual voters, not by the Trump campaign.
Good eye Tortoise.
But it's a little murkier than that. The law firm representing the Plaintiffs is the same firm that represented the Trump campaign in its election lawsuits in Arizona. In fact, at one point, the Trump campaign was Plaintiff and the two voters were Intervenors. I'm not totally sure what happened. Maybe the Trump campaign dropped out of the lawsuit before it was ultimately dismissed or whether one action preceded the other.
My point being there is a connection. See this link where there is an embedded copy of the Complaint where you will see the Trump campaign as a listed party:

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/c ... cy-theory/
Ad Orientem
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ad Orientem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:22 pm

And now Trump has lost (yet again) in PA...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/us/p ... e=Homepage
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Ad Orientem wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:22 pm
And now Trump has lost (yet again) in PA...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/us/p ... e=Homepage

Trump: "We Will Have So Much Winning If I Get Elected That You May Get Bored With Winning"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date September 9, 2015
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
doodle
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by doodle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 am

The choice is...do you want democracy...or....Donald Trump

Penn. Judge:

"You're alleging that the two individual plaintiffs were denied the right to vote. But at bottom, you're asking this court to invalidate more than 6.8 million votes, thereby disenfranchising every single voter in the Commonwealth. Could you tell me how this result could possibly be justified?"
On Saturday, the judge effectively answered his own question by dismissing the lawsuit and saying, "this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations...and unsupported by evidence."
vnatale
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by vnatale » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 pm

I was listening to someone on C-Span a few days ago who is a Republican and who had held positions in two prior Republican administrations.

He stated that by Trump continuing on the path he is on it's only going to be to the detriment of the Republican party and, therefore, to the benefit of the Democratic party.

As long as he continually states that there is election fraud then that may well lead Georgia Republican voters staying home for the two Senate runoff elections in the first week of January 2021 because they'll be convinced their votes will not count. If so and the result is the Democrats winning both those elections then the Democrats have effective control of the Senate.

Complete Democratic control will then not be kind to Trump's legacy. Therefore since the ONLY thing he ever thinks about is himself and NO ONE ELSE then the current Republican strategy is to convince him he needs to cease all his present nonsense so as to enhance the possibilities of winning at least one of those Senate January 2021 runoff elections.

I will take a trade of a shorter transition for BIden in return for less Republican control of anything. Therefore, in this case, I'm quite happy with Trump continuing to be Trump. Just one more part of his presidency for which history WILL NOT treat him kindly. May cement his title of THE worst president this country has ever had.

We've had some fairly bad ones in the past but we were a much smaller country during those times, meaning their actions had much global consequences. In my lifetime I never thought I'd see a worst president than Obama's predecessor with his Iraq War blunder (described by some as the worst foreign policy ever in our country's history). But Trump's total package has given him competition for achieving the title of "Worst President During Vinny's Lifetime".

Vinny
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."